when did this obsession for women having big butts start, and why?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I love all the women standing up for women in this thread. LOVE LOVE LOVE
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Big butts are beautiful, small butts are beautiful.

What icks me out, is *presenting* (look it up, it is what monkeys do in the wild to show they are ready to mate) - pointing your butt at the camera, no matter what size your butt happens to be. I hate that women put themselves forward in this way, as if "look at me, I am ready for sex" is all they have to offer.

It is presenting which is revolting, not the butts they present with.

Same goes for pouting. What exactly do you think your moist open mouth represents ladies? Ick.

Honestly, I'd rather have people do this than live in some bland, boring, asexual world

Check that sexual privilege at the door. Asexual =/= boring.

Point taken. But if you start criticizing people for expressions that you consider sexual and compare them to animals, I wonder where that ends, and I suspect the preference/opposite is probably quite boring. To me it's basically the OP dressed up in different clothes
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    okay, I was hoping this thread would tail off, but

hahahahhahahahha

• blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    WmNRh.jpg

Looks ripped to me
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    wrputve5mg8c.jpeg

I love fat bottom girls
    Even though they're all not into girls...
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    03220dc8cb09a4e2b9b05df8509eac40.jpg

On a side note, more men like @hamlet1222 is probably good for the human race
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I love how you put it in such polite terms, "inelegant" :lol: I bet there are other words you'd like to use :wink:

I liked the word "inelegant" too, it's so gentlemenly!!
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

What icks me out, is *presenting* (look it up, it is what monkeys do in the wild to show they are ready to mate) - pointing your butt at the camera, no matter what size your butt happens to be. I hate that women put themselves forward in this way, as if "look at me, I am ready for sex" is all they have to offer.

Same goes for pouting. What exactly do you think your moist open mouth represents ladies? Ick.

Honestly, I'd rather have people do this than live in some bland, boring, asexual world

Point taken. But if you start criticizing people for expressions that you consider sexual and compare them to animals, I wonder where that ends, and I suspect the preference/opposite is probably quite boring. To me it's basically the OP dressed up in different clothes

We ARE animals. It is no accident that monkeys and humans both exhibit presenting behavior, given our common ancestors.

Nothing wrong either, in pointing out to people that is what they are doing - baiting their approach to others with sex, by pointing their butts at them (big butts are beautiful, small butts are beautiful - presenting is not about the size of your butt).

Women have more to offer than their sexual availability. There is nothing wrong with sex - I am a huge fan - but I do not put my abilities in bed or my sexual potential at the top of my resume. There are a whole lot of other skills and abilities I would put above that. I would want a potential partner or a potential work colleague or even a potential friend - to consider my brain and my sense of humor, or many other things, before evaluating my butt - so those are the sort of things I prefer to *point at the camera*.

You seem like a smart person. Do you really think you would need to sell yourself with sex first? I don't think you would ever need to do that, so why celebrate it when others do? As women we can hope for more, and we can help to pull each other out of old fashioned ways of thinking. We are more than just blow up sex toys.

(I am editing to add that there is no need to assume I am a prude because I do not want sex to be the first thing evaluated - I see nothing wrong with it being somewhere on the list - just not the first thing. I enjoy dressing up and being attractive. I have worn a ton of skimpy gear in my time and I do not pretend I do not enjoy the attention - but on the whole - MORE of my interactions start and finish with things other than the advertisement of my sexual availability and I make sure that I leave anyone I meet with more than that to remember me by).
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

We ARE animals. It is no accident that monkeys and humans both exhibit presenting behavior, given our common ancestors.

Nothing wrong either, in pointing out to people that is what they are doing - baiting their approach to others with sex, by pointing their butts at them (big butts are beautiful, small butts are beautiful - presenting is not about the size of your butt).

Women have more to offer than their sexual availability. There is nothing wrong with sex - I am a huge fan - but I do not put my abilities in bed or my sexual potential at the top of my resume. There are a whole lot of other skills and abilities I would put above that. I would want a potential partner or a potential work colleague or even a potential friend - to consider my brain and my sense of humor, or many other things, before evaluating my butt - so those are the sort of things I prefer to *point at the camera*.

You seem like a smart person. Do you really think you would need to sell yourself with sex first? I don't think you would ever need to do that, so why celebrate it when others do? As women we can hope for more, and we can help to pull each other out of old fashioned ways of thinking. We are more than just blow up sex toys.

(I am editing to add that there is no need to assume I am a prude because I do not want sex to be the first thing evaluated - I see nothing wrong with it being somewhere on the list - just not the first thing. I enjoy dressing up and being attractive. I have worn a ton of skimpy gear in my time and I do not pretend I do not enjoy the attention - but on the whole - MORE of my interactions start and finish with things other than the advertisement of my sexual availability and I make sure that I leave anyone I meet with more than that to remember me by).

Okay. And exactly how do you "point" your intelligence at the camera?

I don't think I need to sell myself with sex first. But I could if I want to. I would think old fashioned was covering yourself and any potentially sexual expression up in bundles and bundles of clothing, lest someone get offended.

I celebrate it when women do what they want and what feels good. If I'm feeling good about my butt and want it evaluated first, well then damnit, that's what's gonna happen. :bigsmile:
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

I don't think I need to sell myself with sex first. But I could if I want to. I would think old fashioned was covering yourself and any potentially sexual expression up in bundles and bundles of clothing, lest someone get offended.

I celebrate it when women do what they want and what feels good. If I'm feeling good about my butt and want it evaluated first, well then damnit, that's what's gonna happen. :bigsmile:

I wear my glasses in pictures, to look smarter. :wink:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

I wear my glasses in pictures, to look smarter. :wink:

:laugh:

Great job!
  • Soopatt
    Options
    I am sure that most people understood that when I highlighted that phrase, I was using it as a metaphor - "camera" = any situation when you are in focus, when you have an opportunity to choose how you come across. Next time I will be clearer, although I really thought my point was crystal clear, given how many times I repeated it in my post in different ways.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I am sure that most people understood that when I highlighted that phrase, I was using it as a metaphor - "camera" = any situation when you are in focus, when you have an opportunity to choose how you come across. Next time I will be clearer, although I really thought my point was crystal clear, given how many times I repeated it in my post in different ways.

You made a solid point. I was just lightening the mood.
  • Soopatt
    Options

You made a solid point. I was just lightening the mood.

Thank you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Indeed it wasn't, to me, seeing as you started off about opinions about specific situations involving an actual camera.

So what's so different between you wearing skimpy clothes once upon a time, and people pointing their butts at the camera (or otherwise having sex evaluated first, today?). Seems more or less the same thing to me. Only it was okay when you did it but animalistic when others do