All the Lies

Options
123457»

Replies

• HealthyChar1223
    HealthyChar1223 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was in so much denial after I had my baby. I was bigger than I was before I was pregnant, so I started eating whatever I wanted because in my mind I was already fat. Then my husband deployed when my baby was a month old and bad habits got worse. It was an eye opener when a shirt that I had bought after having my daughter was tight. I knew that shirt was already big and then to know that it was tight when it fit fine a few months ago was an my eye opener.

I would also tell myself that I didn't have enough time, but I was just excessively procrastinating. Now I try to do something active with my daughter everyday, she loves when I run and she sits in the stroller she actually doesn't like it when I need to walk for a bit so it helps me push farther everyday. Then I do something active by myself everyday for now it's lifting weights and I love it.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My 1st lie: I was heavy and inactive because of my hip pain. The truth is that I used to suffer daily from hip pain. The fact that I got heavy because of it...definitely not true. I was heavy because of my food choices. What's really funny is that as I've lost weight...the pressure on my hips has diminished and I'm in LESS pain!!
    My 2nd lie: I'm "Big BONED." I think I thought that to make myself feel better.
    My third half-truth: I like being curvy. The truth is: I don't think thin is in, but I'm an hour glass shape. It doesn't matter what size I am, I will ALWAYS be curvy!! I just don't want those extra curves where they aren't meant to be!! ;)
  • MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    That it was OK for me to be fat because I was reasonably fit, strong, and (mostly) healthy. I read a number of things suggesting that being active was truly more important than body weight per se to health. (This may be true in a general sense, but my torn knee meniscus *is* feeling ever so much better now that I'm down 48 pounds.) And yes, I really *was* reasonably fit, strong and active, at least for my age. Still am.

That I probably had a slow metabolism. (It turns out it might actually be a little bit on the fast side for my age and such - I'm still losing half a pound or so a week at a calorie level that MFP seems to think is right on the edge of maintenance. Speculation: I may be a little more muscular than most women my age, from that activity thing, thus burn a teensy bit more.)

This! Also, that it was selfish of me to spend time on myself instead of the family members I was caring for. I had a coworker as me how I was losing the weight. I told her honestly, calorie tracking and working out 5-6 days a week. She said it wasn't worth it to her. I used to think that way too.
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That I don't have time to exercise.

That I'm just not motivated this time around (baby #3). The truth is motivation is not a thing for me. Just logging and exercising as a habit is what I need to do, not rely on motivation

That I'm too tired to worry about it because my baby doesn't sleep through the night.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to always say, "Yeah, I'm fat, but I can lose weight whenever I want. It's not like I smoke or drink a lot of booze." I looked at it as a cosmetic problem rather than a health problem. Despite the doctor telling me my blood pressure was high and that I had fatty liver. Despite the fact that my rheumatologist told me at EVERY appointment that my knees and back would feel better if I lost weight. Despite the fact that it took me a full two minutes to catch my breath after climbing the stairs to go to bed.

Well, I was partly right I suppose. Eventually I got sick of feeling and looking like crap and did something about it. These days, my biggest health problem is that I'm constantly cold.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I traveled to Costa Rica, unfortunately my luggage did not. On my 3rd day with no fresh clothes and no luggage in sight I went in search of some clothes.
    I came across a Levis store and went in to find something. Having never wearing Levis, I had no idea what size I needed. The shop keeper brought me a couple pairs to try. Nope, too small. He continued to bring Mr jeans and it turned out that not a single pair in the store would fit.
    I told myself that Costa Ricans are typically smaller people than Americans so that was why I couldn't squeeze myself into anything. I told my travelling companions they were too expensive.
    Fortunately my luggage arrived that afternoon.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!