WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning, Sylvia :smiley:

Yesterday's accomplishments: swam 45 minutes. That's it and that's enough. Didn't track meals but I will track today. Today will be one of my "off" days from exercise but have lots of shopping and errands to do so am wearing my Garmin and will park far away from the store.

I'm in NYC next week for work. That's always a challenge from a food standpoint, but there are plenty of deli's with salad bars and soup in the area. The biggest problem when I got to NYC is overeating. Portions are usually pretty large.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Kimses in MA
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    tr51dsbqbepk.jpg

Teri - Aiden is wearing a toque. And of course it is his Saskatchewan Roughriders toque. Maybe it is a Canadian slang I will have to check the dictionary. The kids were having fun playing in the leaves yesterday.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »

I have college friends that plan get-a-ways every once in a while and I just can't make myself go. Social Phobia.

Carol/Peach
    :) Carol, I don't have social phobia, I just like my own company a lot and have yet to meet anyone that I wanted to spend all that much time with except my husband. Friends have invited me to stay with them and I decline because I can't imagine what I could say to fill all that much time. I love my dance classes because we dance and sometimes I watch the women chatting with each other and wonder what on earth they have to talk about. I like the way I am and don't think too much about being different.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am going to be doing my StrongLifts 5X5. After I am done with my weightlifting I am going to start painting the kitchen dining and living room. Yesterday instead of painting we cleaned out all the insulation from our basement so that it is prepped and ready for foam insulation which will be done Wednesday or Thursday this week. It took all day.

Heather - lovely picture of you and your friends!

Sylvia - LOL I showed that to my DH and we both had a good laugh!

Allison - it is nice to hear that you are taking care of you! It sounds like you have some fun things planned.

Kimses - you're doing really well with your exercises! Have a fun day today!

Lillian - what a cute picture of your grandson! I had to look up what a toque is. So I know you must be talking about his hat. I have never heard that expression before.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    n2vt7bo1nhz1.jpg

Sasha really missed her daddy and is happy that he is home again
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Barbie - what a great picture! I'm sure you felt the same way! Thank you for sharing.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: docs came in to chk up on him. He will need to keep the neck brace on for 6-8weeks! They say he is an amazing patient and has improved so much so quickly. The flem that he has is because the injury to his lung. The are talking about moving him to another room (again) so they can open up this room for someone else who needs it more, (one more step closer to getting out of this hospital). I posted a video of him this morning. He gets overwhelmed with emotion, just thinking about the love and support.. So do I... Thank u
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pip~ I am sure this has been asked a million times, but did they find the person who hit kirby and did his bike survive.. you and he did a bike ride in the mountains somewhere didn't you? with a really neat wooden bike...
    So happy that he has progressed so well ,mostly in part to being so physically active..
    please take care of yourself too,heaven forbid with all this going on you mess your shoulder up..
    please dont hesitate when someone asks if you need help the resounding answer and you should hear all of us shouting in your ear should be YES PLEASE...
    went down to see DFIL and he was a whirling dervish today.. who are all these people and what are they doing in my house, and there are a few african american people that work there and he is yelling in the dining room what are those people doing here they aren't aloud in my house.. OMG we were mortified.. he didnt want to eat ,but we did get a bowl of wheaties and a glass of milk into him.. even Ol Blue eyes wasn't working today...
  • pipcd34
    edited November 2015
    Options
    2ub823fgyged.jpeg

Talking after breakfast- even banged up he is still handsome
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Cac64q7cu2bnkj.jpg
    cape cod cranberry bog
    [img]https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp- en.vanillaforums.com/editor/3t/yi60039kywhr.jpg[/img]
    Morning walk
    rjppmvzcw8j4.jpg
    Windsurfers on Corporation Beach, Dennis, MA
    Will catch up later when I get home. Enjoying the Cape too much now.
    Chris in MA

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Things have calmed down. Benny's seizure is most likely due to a pituitary (brain) tumor. He has cushings disease and that is one of the causes of it. I just hope he doesn't have too many of them but I have a syringe of valium in case he does. I just worry about him seizing while we are gone.

DGD;s first birthday party is this afternoon. I just sent my book chapter so I can breathe now. I need to get up and get some things done before we go. Take care all and know I appreciate you being here. Meg from Omaha
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to read posts and keep up. I have to add my thanks, admiration and true gratefulness to each of you. I woke up last Monday morning so sick I had no idea what had hit me. My stomach and lower intestines hurt so badly that it hurt to stand up, to walk and then to sit back down. Every time I tried to eat or even just drink a protein shake I was sick to the stomach. I had a headache and and dizziness. Finally dawned on me by afternoon that the sinus infection was back in a full blown assault. Couldn't get into the doctor till Weds. afternoon. He loaded with with antibiotics of different sorts and other OTC suggestion to break up the congestion in my head and chest. I was down and out thru Friday.

I had been so excited about my niece coming to visit for my birthday, she is 59 just a few years younger than me, we are more like sisters. She has suffered from anxiety attacks for many, many years. However, I did not realize she had never flown alone. She was a basket case by the time she got from Denver here. Vomitted all evening long. Poor thing. I felt so bad. Needless to say we did not get to do the fun adventures I had planned. I finally felt well enough yesterday that we did go out for a while. However, we did have a lovely visit and enjoyed each others company.

BECCA I want to especially thank Becca for the beautiful person she is. She called as promised to sing happy birthday to me on the phone. I had tried to message her before hand to let her know that I was too sick to enjoy it and would be heading to bed. She called again the following day but I had left the house to pick up my niece at the airport. She sang to me on the answering machine and I teared up. What a beautiful sweet voice and I truly appreciated your thoughtfulness. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I'm still not up to par by a long shot and may have to be on a second set of antibiotics. Doc told me not to wait so long next time to come to his office. I really wish I had gone three weeks earlier. My older body is just not as young as it used to be. Love you all and I am reading posts but just not feeling up to responding. How blessed we are to have such a group of women. I never thot to have met and become such a part of a truly amazing group.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Janetr - so sorry for all your health upsets. Yes, our age is a bummer. :sad:
    Thinking of you with love. It's horrible to feel under par.

I have been feeling really anti everything today. Even the newspaper p****d me off with its Christmas nonsense. I've thoroughly gone off capitalism. I'm feeling a mean machine, though I did buy a t shirt for DGD, 25% off. So far I've done my brother and wife and older son. :) Not in the mood. :/

We Skyped the hyperactive DGC this evening. Chaos.! But it was great to see them. DH had composed a poem for DGS. ♡ It was probably a bit late for them. They are usually having their bath. DGS had been to a bowling party. He's 4 yrs old.

I think of all of you with health challenges and those of your loved ones all the time . <3
    Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    UPDATE: the physical therapist was just in. Did a couple of laps around the floor and did other assessments. Now it looks like he may be too good to go to in patient therapy! My concern is that he gets some guidance of what he can and can not do when home. She I'd thinking occupational therapy may be another option. They can come to the house maybe 2-3 times a week. Still have to modify some stuff at home I think.
    Later peeps
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Miriam – your post about your dog being shot, was heart stopping.. I almost could not breathe the horror of it. I am so sad it took so long to get out, but so glad you and your son escaped.

Heather – Glad you are feeling better! The friend thing is hard, in my opinion the group setting is not the place for another discussion with her, but I wonder if one on one – explain to her that what she is telling about is illegal and because she knows and “approves” she is an accessory to the crime – what she chooses is up to her, but that you don’t want to hear about it, as you don’t like hearing about her committing a crime and it is a difficult situation for you as you don’t want to report her or have a nearby bystander report her.

Alison – I have felt that Tom is a bully, and often when folks stand up to bullies they back down… keep standing up for yourself… And since Pip has her hands full, if you need someone to beat him up for you, I’ll fill in until Pip and Kirby are back to 100%

Pip – 6-8 weeks for the neck to heal is worth it….So glad he is moving rooms if each move gets him closer to the front door!

Meg – thinking of you and Benny – it would be scary to leave him!!!

Janetr – knew you were sick, but not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to listen to the Doc, take care of yourself.

Its gotten cool here (our version of cool) the high under 65, the low in the 40’s, and maybe hopefully rainy today, it has not started here yet but all the weather guys say it is coming in. My house is not as well insulated as I wish it were and no central heat, so keeping it comfortable is a challenge. I got a bunch of business yesterday, am glad about that so am buzzing along today.

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won!
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kim - <3

PS - I loved that "Madison Avenue" quote from Rori. Good thinking! (And Joyce )

Update - I've emailed my friends excusing myself from the March trip because my third grandchild is due then. I said, if all is well then I can make the train/boat trip over to the Isle of Wight for the day to have lunch. I also said I would love to meet my difficult friend locally for lunch in January. Maybe I can have "that" discussion, Kim. ;) Progress.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Pip - Kirby looks really good! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Chris - thanks for sharing your pictures! Beautiful place to be!

Janetr - I hope you feel better soon!

Meg - sorry to hear that Benny is going through such a rough time. Have fun at the Birthday party!

Allison - the elderly are just like children. No filter but, Easily forgiven.

Great day to workout and get some painting done!

Squats - 5x65/70/75/80/85/90/95/100/105, 5x5x110
    Sumo Squats - 5x5x95
    OHP - 5x45, 5x50, 5x5x55
    DL - 1x5x140

OHP are very difficult! I am trying to get better form.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Julbarr
    Julbarr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just starting again after a few months. I stopped weighing myself, but I walked about 3 miles each day & did yoga 3-5X/ week. The Pilates studio I went to went out of business, so not much practice at home. I considered doing The Whole30 for a month, but just the thought of it got my sugar cravings going - which I indulged. This morning revealed a 5 lb gain. Sigh.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Heather, sorry your get together wasn’t what you would have liked. I met with a friend the other day and she kept running off at the mouth about utter nonsense so I know what you mean.

Miriam, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret, the Thomas Jefferson presentation sounds very interesting. I’m glad you got to go.

Mindy, (((((Hugs))))) We have all been there at one time or another. Maybe you just needed to release some built up emotions and will feel much better after a good cry. I checked the margins and there’s nothing left there so the clean-up crew has already been here. I did laugh picturing you getting wrapped up like a maypole.

DeeDee, we had two days without rain but it is supposed to be back on Today and last a few days. I think I’m growing webbed feet?

Gayle, how lucky you are to still have your mom. Even though she can’t walk much it is a blessing if her mind is still sharp.

Sylvia, that story about the vet wanting to see Susan has me shaking my head. Where have they been the past 14 years? Not that they could have seen her at any other time. How cool that you recreated the broken tiles.

Gloria, come here and talk it over with us any time. I’m glad we sorted it out for you. Remember if the packing seems overwhelming, plan it in 15 minutes segments. You will be amazed how much you can get done in that amount of time. Surely with all of us on your side, you will find the right place to move. ((((Hugs))))

Rori, sorry about your pain while working out but glad you got better. My DD used to suffer something terrible from fibromyalgia. Thank goodness it is in remission or healed or whatever now. You are so sweet to offer airline tickets for a helper for Pip. (((Hugs)))

Kim, I agree that it is fun to know others are here when we are. I am only having 4 of us for Thanksgiving but want to keep it lower calorie than my usual green bean casserole and that sort of thing. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Oh I think volunteering at a community dinner would be wonderful. I have a number of friends that do that and can’t say enough good things about it. If DH would go along with it, I’d do it for sure.

Pip, I love the cards “the kids” wrote to their father. Have the doctors changed the long term outcome from his accident? I know at first, it wasn’t good. Still sending prayers for you both.

Joyce, I agree with you about Christmas and Thanksgiving. We can celebrate them whenever it works. I hope the new meds help Charlie. I feel for you both. (((Hugs)))

Rori and Mary and Katla, thanks for the nice comments. Don’t think I’ll become a professional model any time soon but we had fun.

Heather, you look fantastic, as always. I love the picture with your friends. I can see where a permanent solution would be good but it might mean the end of the friendship.

Marymaj, 50 is just a number. Glad you are getting over it. Good luck sticking to the healthy eating.

Allison, good for you on letting Tom know of your plans and good for him in not saying anything. (((Hugs)))

Carol GA, I hate to hear that you aren’t able to meet with your college friends. That sounds like so much fun.

Sylvia, fog or not, it’s nice to wake up able to look at water. There is just something about it that I love.

Mary, you have so much energy and stay so active, I can’t imagine what you are going to do with your time when you get everything in the house done. I could always put you to work at mine? smiley-laughing009.gif

Barbie, what a loving picture of Sasha and her daddy!!!smiley-love013.gif

Allison, I know DFIL can be a handful some days. You are such an angel to work with him.smiley-angelic007.gif

Chris, I can see why you enjoy the Cape!!! I love watching windsurfers. I keep expecting them to take off into the sky.

Meg, I hope DGD has a great day and you, too.

Janetr, so sorry that you got sick. ill.gif That just makes me queasy reading about it. I’m glad you are finally better. It’s really a bummer that it was when your cousin was there. Keep healing, my friend. ((((Hugs))))
    m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It’s raining steadily now and should keep it up throughout the night. DH just fixed his lunch at 3:30 and the smell of his turkey burger is making me hungry. Grrrrr I had an apple and baby bell cheese so hope that will do the trick until dinner time.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC