WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• KristinaHajjar
    KristinaHajjar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Michele, thanks foe the welcome back! I'm sticking with it this time.
  • KristinaHajjar
    KristinaHajjar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Michele, thanks for the welcome back! I'm sticking with it this time.

• Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving all. Having fun today and just sent the last family member home with leftovers, but I wanted to mention to any Khol's shoppers out there that they are offering $15 Khol's cash for every $50 you spend online and in the store thru Sunday I think. Plus if your a rewards member you get those $ too. So I'm going online for gifts I know I'm going to buy anyway. You won't catch me in a mall this weekend because there is just not enough patience in me.

I'm so thankful for you all and this group that Barbie keeps making possible.

Rosie in So Cal
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Good Morning friends~
    I have everything packed, and Tom asks why I am leaving so early, I really want to say because you could care less I am here or not,but I just want to get up there and visit and relax.. am going to take my laptop as it is easier to use...
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    4am! Sucked in by online Black Friday shopping. I was able to make four purchases that are gifts and nothing for me. Lol. I'm determined to stay focused so that all my shopping is done by December 5th. Two weeks of thinking about gifts and shopping for them is my plan. I used to shop early but disliked having to store things and then remember where I hid them. :# That just created more stress for me.

I've had some lovely company this morning that only gives me loud purrrrrrrring as feedback!

ejsdhea747q3.jpeg

<3 Rosie who will be sleeping in B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    We're studying weather maps and trying to decide best route home. Hugh ice storm predicted for OKC. We'll probably drop down to Memphis (2 hours south of here) a pick up I40 west to OKC. Hopefully avoid flash flooding and ice. Jack thinks waiting til tomorrow will let some of the heaviest rain pass.

I have all of my grandkids Christmas and Jack's done. Jack usually does gift cards for his kids and grands, except the baby. She'll be two in April and I love to go buy cute little outfits for her. She's such a cutie.

Have a good day of shopping or resting or whatever you plan to do today.

Janetr OKC (temporarily just north of Memphis, just east of Kentucky)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: I am so sorry your daughter is playing the blame game and you're the person she is blaming. I have to admit I unfairly blamed my mom for some things that were less than wonderful when I was young. As I matured I realized that she did the best for me that she knew how to do. I hope your daughter matures and realizes that you did the best you could, too. :heart:

Heather: I love the idea of chili over roasted butternut squash. When we get home I'm going to try it! :bigsmile:

Dr. Katie: I love your family picture! :flowerforyou:

I hear the house waking and need to go be part of the activities. Today we will be visiting a Thoroughbred horse farm! I'm sure I'll love seeing the beautiful horses and learning about their care.

Have a great day!

Katla temporarily in Beautiful Kentucky

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :)Rosie, I love your cat

:)Joyce, I loved hearing about all your family holiday traditions. I have never been part of a big family so it sounds very different from what I've experienced.

:'( Sasha has her dental cleaning appointment today. It will be good for her but she won't realize it and Brandy and Bernie are already worried about where she's gone.

:'( My legs are really acting up today. The tingling is worse and I worried that I won't be able to teach my dance class this morning. I know my friend will help me if I can't dance (I'll be the voice and she'll be the feet) but I don't like feeling like this. I don't see my doctor until next Friday. I had hoped that sitting most of the day watching movies yesterday would put me in good shape for today.

:) I go to a friend's house for lunch after class---no shopping for me.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,253 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Katla - hooray for the horse farm. In Britain I just love cart horses and the rare Suffolk Punch. So dignified. <3

Katie - lovely to see your pics. I agree, you look younger and younger!

Barbie - Aw thanks! :blushing: I feel I have come a long way in the last ten years in my "spiritual" growth, but there is always room for improvement. :laugh: A book which has helped me a lot is The Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield. I have it on my phone to read on the train and it really helps me calm down and often I feel a lot of "loving kindness". Doesn't last, but it's a start! B)o:)<3 I am so sorry your legs are playing up. :'(
    Talking of phones, I did something VERY out of character today. I was rung up by Vodafone, my mobile company, for a Black Friday "better deal". :noway: Usually I put the phone down straightaway, but for some reason I got into conversation with the young guy about my awful phone, which has only 750 mbs phone memory. It is almost unusable. He said he could get me a MUCH better one, even though my contract still has 3 months to run. So a new, super phone, is arriving tomorrow for a free trial and if I like it I can transfer my number and keep it. Otherwise I can just post it back free. It is £2 more a month, but still incredibly cheap compared to the usual tariffs. It is arriving tomorrow by special delivery.
    This is so unlike me, but I think it is the right thing as my current phone has been driving me nuts since I had it. :grumble: I make hardly any calls, rarely use data, but like a good camera and access to apps when I need them. My old phone had just run out of usable space for apps. Who knows, I might make more calls now. One problem is that our mobile reception is terrible out here in the sticks, but they are doing an upgrade soon. It has 4G for when I am in London.
    I will have to learn how to put in a sim card and transfer my micro memory card, but it comes with instructions. :ohwell: I am scared around technology, but my DH is even worse than me and doesn't have a smartphone.

Other than that I am also pleased with myself for having my hair trimmed so I am tidy for the holiday and taking my step daughters' presents to the post office to post. Also bought stamps for Australia for DH and did some shopping.
    Good day. :D

Salmon tonight. My spicy recipe. I'm going to pick the very last of the sorrel and make a little sauce. Green beans. New potatoes for DH.

Elaine - do you use the Hairy Bikers diet cook books? I regularly do a few recipes from them. I also use skinnytaste.com for ideas. Otherwise I cook a lot of spicy food, but just cut down on the oil and the carb accompaniments. I have lost 56 lbs and I am now maintaining, so something worked!

Love to all. Doing lots of laundry for the holiday. :)

Oh, by the way, I practised self care last night. I had a text from my younger son last night asking if I could babysit in London on Monday as the childminder was busy. I said no as I had to prepare the kitchen and bathroom for the decorator and plumber as well as retain my sanity while I packed. (My back goes out when I get too stressed ) Thinking of you DJ. <3 I am glad I refused, but of course felt a tiny bit guilty, but not too much. I want to be healthy and happy.

Love Heather UK
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    JanitDamit - YES, did Thanksgiving; and, the only person not here was DDnL#2. Her 'ex' was totally unwilling to change days with her for his Thanksgiving holiday vacation. She had talked to him starting 2 weeks ago; and, if he had changed with her she would have flown here. I think he must have picked up DGD#4 sometime late Thursday because when we Face Chatted DDnL#2, she had her daughter with her. Next year, she is planning on coming and bringing DGD#4. I doubt her Spring Break will coincide with our other DGDs' Spring Break; but, she has said something about taking DGD#3 and DGD#4 to Disneyland in Orlando, FL for a couple of days. I'm sure DGD#3 will have a lot of fun as she has never been there. During my DGD#1 went to Las Vegas with a friend. She had never been on a plane and they had a ball, even getting temporary henna tattoos; but, DGD#1 accidently rubbed part of hers off by accident. Must have had a reaction to it because she said it itched.

Everything went well and DDnL#1 seemed to be 'in a good mood'; they came back later on and had left-overs. DOS took his BF a plate (we had invited him over to eat) and DOS said he devoured it. Both his parents are dead as well as his GM who died this year; his sister is in Africa working, and he doesn't have a good relationship with his only aunt (who had custody of him and his sister) and it got worse when he and she inherited land from her mother (his maternal grandmother) and he went over to live with his GM and a portion of the land was given to him outright; but, he checked on his grandmother daily. Aunt wanted to sell the land and I guess he didn't so he borrowed money to buy out her share and his sister's share. He is my 'red-headed (literally) step-son. When both my sons are in town, they usually go hunting with him. DYS went over the day he got here; but, the next day he got sick with a bad cold and ended up going to the MD at the Convenient Care. He said they asked him if he had insurance and because he did they took him first; before those without any insurance or who had Medicaid. He was surprised; but, he isn't going to go to a hospital unless it is by ambulance - he always goes to an out-patient facility when he is sick or gets hurt.

I hope all of you had a "Happy Thanksgiving". "Boy, toys are very # I'm glad my sons are now adults and not into that stage. I know one year we got a carrier that was about 7' long. Not hard to put together but, so many stickers to go on I took a while. Both of them were into action figures. Gee, wonder what happened to the 'original' Star Wars figurines we got them; I doubt I would have thrown them away because I remember my mother throwing away my 'original' Barbie dolls and my red wooden rocking horse. My DOS 'loved' his rocking chair we got for him when he was 2-years-old. We had to pick him up and put him on it for several months until he learned how to climb up on it; he'd rock on it for hours on end! It looked like a real horse. DYS was never into riding on the horse. He was more of an outside kid. We could put him outside and he'd play for a long time. Actually, both of them enjoyed playing outside and they had a swing set on the only flat place in the yard; the rest of it was downhill at a pretty steep dip full of trees, so they enjoyed playing with toy guns. They both got into paint guns, too and going to the range. All the boys in the neighborhood had them. They both had trikes and bicycles as well. I remember the first time they rode to school and home the first time. I followed them in a car for several days; then I felt good about them doing it by themselves.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy Black Friday; I am hiding at home. No venturing out in that craziness for me. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Take care, Meg from icy Omaha
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Gloria
    , you are so right that we should all celebrate no longer being average in the eating department.

Carol NC, so glad you had such a good experience at Thanksgiving dinner. Isn’t it a gift how some families can welcome a stranger and treat them like long lost family. Good for you. Glad the arm is doing well and I’ll keep fingers crossed for a full recovery. So are there any plans to see this nice guy again? You sure didn't give any details?

Karen, congrats on all your successes for yesterday. Don’t you just love to see improvement in yourself? (((Hugs)))

Joyce, glad you had a great day. Too bad about the fit bit.

Rosi, I used to have all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving, years ago. I like doing it early but would occasionally forget something I had put away and find it months later. Your purring company looks like it would offer more snoring than anything. smiley-laughing010.gif

Janetr, wishing you safe travels. Gotta watch out for the other guy.

Katla, I know you will enjoy visiting the horse farm. Thoroughbreds are so beautiful, who wouldn’t enjoy.

Barbie, so sorry your pain doesn’t seem to be improving. smiley-sad013.gif

Heather, it sounds like you had a very successful day. You will enjoy your new phone. Good for you. And good for you on saying no to DS when you really didn’t need to take the time to go babysit. Once in a while, we have to think of ourselves first.

I was so tired last night but after taking a pain pill I slept great. Today I haven’t felt a single pain in my back. Yeah!!! I took some of the “not so great gravy” and worked with it until it turned out like it should have been. *another score* I put some of that on my “less than wonderful” dressing and it was greatly improved. So the left overs round will probably be better than the main event. What can I say? I bought the fresh asparagus and green beans at Costco so they were in rather large bags. This means I have lots of fresh left overs, too. Yum. Okay, I think I just gained 2 pounds typing about food. Will have to remember portion control. I hope all of you stay safe today and this weekend, whether from shoppers, traffic or weather. I know the rest of this year will fly by and before you know it we will all be saying Happy New Year.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Hope u feel better barbiecat
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    DJ - to satisfy your curiosity... :smiley: He was older than his picture online but, to me, he looked better. We met at Starbucks and had skinny hot chocolates. We talked for about an hour but had to call it an early night because he had to work today. We exchanged a hug to say good night. I texted him after I thought he'd had time to get home to say thanks for the hot chocolate and conversation. He texted back that the pleasure was all his and that he had been really nervous. He texted this morning during a break to say good morning. He's really sweet and thoughtful. We'll talk later and make plans to meet again since we have both said that's what we'd like to do. This what I looked like when I got home. Anything else you want to know? **waggles eyebrows **

aechfcjlyz64.jpg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Here at the car dealer getting the back
    Wiper fixed, the pivot arm broke. $150, is well. Oh well. B4 that went to the bank and deposited the $1200 gift mom and sis gave us. A guy is supposed to come over to look at the fireplace, hopefully they will fix it and we can have heat! Kirby is at home waiting for him to show up. Got up later so haven't gone to the gym yet. Gotta go to Costco to drop off my prescription and pick up bullwinkle's. Never have done the Black Friday shopping thing, no need to start now. Kirby wants to go to our mall just so he can walk around not to shop, may do that later. A friend is going to deliver our dog food today so I will have to fill up the bins and mix the food (one handed). Have a good one, type to ya later
  • pipcd34
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    DJ - to satisfy your curiosity... :smiley: He was older than his picture online but, to me, he looked better. We met at Starbucks and had skinny hot chocolates. We talked for about an hour but had to call it an early night because he had to work today. We exchanged a hug to say good night. I texted him after I thought he'd had time to get home to say thanks for the hot chocolate and conversation. He texted back that the pleasure was all his and that he had been really nervous. He texted this morning during a break to say good morning. He's really sweet and thoughtful. We'll talk later and make plans to meet again since we have both said that's what we'd like to do. This what I looked like when I got home. Anything else you want to know? **waggles eyebrows **

aechfcjlyz64.jpg

Ooooooo I wanna know all the juice!!!!!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    "Black Friday" ... would I go out in this? Answer: "Not just no; but, HELL NO!" Called DH to pick up meds since he is 'in town'. Don't know what to get any of my family members for Christmas. YDGD's are 9 and 10; one is so 'out of the doll phase' she is difficult to buy for; could get clothes, but, clothes run in so many different sizes it would be difficult to buy for her. She's getting camos for her birthday. She'll like that; but, DDnL#2 told me what she wanted. Wal-Mart did not have any camos for little girls; I did not even see them for grown-ups. Even for the MDG is difficult, even all the rest of them are difficult to buy for. No help from any of them about what they want. Maybe getting gift cards again this year. UGH! Still have to go out to buy them. Never bought anything on the Internet and don't know how it works. Seems like that could be a mess, wouldn't know where to start.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    well I am checked in, and it is a pretty nice hotel... does have an indoor heated pool, so might go down later as it is open until 9, stopped at a few Christmas tree shops, and stopped to see both Ruth and Ray, they are about 1/2 hr away from each other.. and can I just say? it is draining.. I go every day to see my DFIL, ,but these nursing homes arent as nice or as small as his.. and since neither of them have alot of company they are thrilled that I am here.. took Ruths socks and threw them in the wash at there house. looked for some jammies for her...at the house and found a couple I will bring tomorrow... I will go back and throw that stuff in the dryer in the morning and then go see Ray who is in a nursing home right down the street from the house.. then mayeb go see Ruth... right now gonna take a nap...