• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,685 Member
    Options
    0gypoffl2tn3.jpeg

Guess who has heat!!!!!!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Alison, you are such a good person and I know what a blessing it is to your friends that you are visiting. It's gotten where I dread going to my mom's nursing home because I feel so bad that she is in a place where she doesn't want to be and all she does is complain about wanting to go home. She just can't understand that her dementia and mobility issues make it very difficult to take her out although I try to take her out for lunch when I go down every other week.

Thanksgiving here was quiet and nice! My son and his wife and two children came as well as my husband's BnL who has been widowed for over 30 yrs. My DnL brought most of the sides so all I had to worry about was the turkey, dressing and gravy.

OK...I must admit that I am a tv addict. I hate that all of the tv stations I watch regularly are playing football games all afternoon. So, will try to finish my novel and take the Pom for a walk in the sunlight.

Carol - Peach
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Barbie... so sorry your legs aren't improving... hope the doc has good news, or at least a resolution, on Friday.

Carol in NC, good to see a smile on your face!

Dr. KatieBug... great-looking family!

We had Thanksgiving lunch with the ranch owners and family, the DH's ultimate bosses, and genuinely nice people. They made sure to stop by the DH's shop twice with the invite, as they know we're reluctant to intrude on family gatherings. I took fresh bread and a chocolate silk pie, and we stayed long enough to help with the cleanup and then had a quiet afternoon and ham for dinner.

While he was carving the turkey, Mr. M told me he really enjoyed both my books, and especially my collection of articles. Even named off a few. Most flattering, and a needed boost for my writer's ego.

Am staying in town tonight myself to turn on the town Christmas lights with the Chamber of Commerce--and sign the set of my books that are in the silent auction benefiting the town's nursing home. Snuggling up at the warehouse with the kittens for the night, riding out the freezing rain due to get here about 4 or 5 am, then buggering off back to the ranch about noon or so tomorrow. The DH is working all weekend, anyway, a massive aviation fuel truck from 1963 that he has to have ready by Monday... parts just came in today. The truck's six years older than he is! Three years younger than me... but who's counting?

;) Lisa in frigid West Texas with a blue norther on the way....
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Checking in while a have a moment - phone interview went very well this morning. I will be meeting with the attorney next Friday. It's a 30 hr position so just perfect and not far from home.Thank you for all of the positive feedback I received.

Someone asked me how old my Great Nephew Alexander is - he just turned one yesterday. I have not heard results of the surgery yet so am taking that as a good sign.

I've been meaning to ask this question and kept forgetting - Lenora what is the story behind Grits & Sluts?

Kids are gone until tonight so taking advantage of the quiet time! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gloria in brrrrrr WA (hoses disconnected covers on the faucets outside)1647883wmhcoxxaka.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,349 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Peach I laughed out loud at Garfield. He is one of my favourite cartoon characters :grin:

Pip You fur babies are adorable. So glad you finally have proper heat. Kirby is so determined. I also walk at the mall if weather is bad. I live 5 minutes away by car. It's cheaper than the gym :lol:

Michele I made a skirt for my tree years ago from black and silver lurex. It covers everything nicely and is big enough to put a lot of the parcels on.

Rori It must be disappointing for you and DH that he can't have his graft done yet. Sending positive vibes and hugs to you both.

Katla and others. I love hearing about your Thanksgiving traditions. They sound much like our Christmas traditions without the presents. However, it irks me that so many people (not those on here, of course) forget the meaning of both celebrations.

Joyce I send my left-overs (grant you, not many now that I have growing grandsons with hollow legs) home with them. They stay from Christmas Eve until 27th Dec at least. I also send any opened boxes of sweets/chocolates/biscuits home with them. Better out of our house, I say.

Allison I'm so sorry that you are getting grief from your daughter. It's so sad when there is a clash like that, but hopefully, she will grow up eventually. I had to work through my feelings of hurt about how my mother treated me, for my own peace of mind. I could do no right, in her eyes. Nothing I ever did was good enough. She even stopped my father coming to my wedding and wrote to my new family to try and turn them against me. I tried to keep in touch, but, eventually, I had to cut her adrift. We were estranged for some years as she was so toxic, but I came to realise that she had the problems, not I. . It backfired on her though. My DMIL always wanted a daughter and did so much for us. I loved her dearly. It was her that encouraged me to go back to school and become a teacher. Dealing with my own mother made me a very strong woman. I thank her for that. I get my love of gardening and my determination from her.

Enjoy your trip to the Cape. You deserve some quality me time.

Heather Chilli and Butternut squash? I must try that. I only just got butternut squash last week for the first time, and both of us loved it. DH wants it roasted for this Sunday's dinner and even suggested we have it for Christmas dinner.

Want2bslimmer When you change your thoughts you change your life! I found that out when I read ' The Giant Within ' by Anthony Robbins. He turned me on to NLP (Neural Linguistic Programming). The human mind is an awesome entity.

Janetr Good news about the surgery. I hope you are looking after yourself in the midst of it all. Travel safe!

Dr Katie Adorable family. You look so good, too! I love your turkey platter. I might try that at Christmas for my DYGS.

Carol Sounds like you struck it lucky with your date. I hope it works out for you. Love the photo. Looking good!

I am finally up to date with reading posts. Sorry I can't comment anymore as I need an early night.

Yesterday morning I got on the scale and was down another 1lb. That makes 56lbs overall. I didn't expect to hit my November goal of 163lbs as I was plateauing most of November, but with 3 days to go and only 1lb more to lose, who knows? I might make it after all.

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

:heart: May peace and joy shine on your day! :heart:

smiley-happy110.gif

This is were I would like to be this weekend rather than cold, wet Ireland. greensmilies-024.gif

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,349 Member
    Options
    November Goals Progress to date

Start weight: 220lbs (Spring 2014)
    Current weight: 166 (on 1/11)
    Goal weight: 163 (for 30/11)
    Weight: 164 (yesterday)
    Weight lost this month: 2lbs

Daily goals:
    :star: Pre-log/follow through 27/27
    :star: balance carbs/protein/fat 27/27
    :star: 8+ cups liquids 24/27
    :star: 30+ minutes each Strength/flexibility 27/27
    :star: 6000+ steps daily 26/27
    :star: finish eating at 9pm weekdays 24/25
    :star: finish eating at 10pm weekends 2/2 (I only used my extension on 2 nights this month)
    :star: post daily goals/progress - Just for Today 24/27
    :star: post progress - No Late Night Snacking 27/27
    :star: complete Hogwarts challenges 27/27
    :star: Post weekly progress reports here :sunglasses: 3/4 weeks

NSVs
    Lost another 1" off my waist and 0.5" off my hips :smiley:
    Had to discard 10 pairs of trousers as the were 4 sizes too big :smiley:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I'm so sorry your legs are hurting. I hope they can find a way to solve the problem. :flowerforyou:

NC Carol: Your photo is beautiful! It is good to know you're having a good time. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Great fireplace! I'm glad you're warm. :bigsmile:

No Black Friday shopping for us. :noway: We went on a tour of a horse farm that turned out to be a tour of several racehorse breeding farms. We had a wonderful time seeing the farms and horses. There were yearlings and weanlings but no foals. Our last stop was to a retirement farm for old racehorses and one Shetland pony. I enjoyed every minute. Seven of us went on the tour, along with three women we didn't know. It seemed that everyone enjoyed the experience. :bigsmile:

Katla temporarily in Beautiful Kentucky

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kirby said he weighed 142lbs. He lost 7lbs! I am going to buy some ensure and make him a protein shake with some good ice cream. It will b easier for him to take . He also said stuff doesn't taste good to him which he had not told me before. We will work on that
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,794 Member
    Options
    good evening~
    well went to the pool, but not warm enough for me.. so went out and got some half and half for my tea...
    took a nap, and I am tucked in.. will go back up to the house and finish the laundry ,stop and get Ray some peppermint patties,and then go visit him, then go up to Birdwatchers General Store in Orleans, then go visit Ruth..
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Pip_ Glad you have HEAT!! Is Kirby on any meds that he wasn't on before? I know med's can affect the taste buds big time!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Pip_ Glad you have HEAT!! Is Kirby on any meds that he wasn't on before? I know med's can affect the taste buds big time!
    Becca

he's on oxicodone, similar to percocet, it doesn't affect my tastebuds but can affect people in different ways. it didn't affect him b4 (unless he never told me)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask this question and kept forgetting - Lenora what is the story behind Grits & Sluts?

GloworminWA - It's 2 acronyms: G.R.I.T.S. - Girls Raised In The South; and S.L.U.T.S. - Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress

I'm definitely the first; not so much the 2nd. I keep the "Drama" out of Mama's House. B)

Pip34 - nice thing about a fireplace is it provides warmth, a way to cook, and a way to see to read. What more could one ask for?
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

CarolNC, thanks for the info and I love that smile on your face when you got home!!! Sounds good.

Allison, you are such an angel!! What a friend.

Pip, woooo hooooo for heat!!!!

CarolGA
    , so sorry there was nothing on TV but ball games. That is why we pay extra for the cable box with the recorder. I nearly always have something I can watch.

IrishTerri
    , congrats on that pound. Keep up the good work.

Katla, glad you enjoyed your horse farm tour. I figured you would.

I got everything put away from yesterday's dinner. Last night after it was all washed and dried, I left the china and silver on the kitchen counter until this morning. This afternoon I got all the Christmas decorations down from the attic. I started putting out some of the decorations and need DH to take the tree downstairs. It's a bit of trouble to set up and decorate but it's a beautiful tree and I enjoy it even though I have to do all the decorating and un-decorating by myself.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    <3
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    EEEKKKK!

Spot just flushed a mouse out from under the dresser in our bedroom! I'm terrified of mice! And we don't know where he went. He ran toward the bathroom but could have gone under the other dresser ot into the closet. Now I'm afraid to go to bed.

Hubby just reported that Spot is now in the closet hunting. So he must be in the closet. Or maybe there are a whole bunch of them all over the house. This is one of my worst nightmares!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Joyce – a homemade oven cleaner? Tell me more please!!! Regular oven cleaner is so toxic

Pip – so glad you did not fall, and that you’ll be back to biking – I know it is good for your health, physical and mental. I am sorry to see others not trust your skill and common sense, I believe in you.

Barbie – I was a vegetarian for 9 years, and your comment about a “little bit of pork” reminded me of the time a friend made me a special dinner, and made Veal as it started the same as Vegetarian so she was sure it was meat for vegetarians…. Glad you could add your friend and make her holiday fun and free of drama!

Carol – So sorry you are hearing about these things in bits and pieces, and “full range” and all that you need for your lifestyle may not be the same, example I have an ACL replacement in my knee and don’t have full range in that knee which for me means that while I can touch my butt with the other heel on the ACL side I can only get with about 2 inches of my butt – Ok not full range, but who cares! So just keep working and know that you will get farther the more you work.

Vicki - I would never have thought to call the company about Planting my fitbit… but what a great idea! Thanks

Sounds like everyone had a good thanksgiving - I worked at our community dinner; I cooked 3 pecan pies and a 24lb turkey, hauled it all over there then washed dishes for 2 hours. I think I would do it again next year, but pick a job that is were more of the “action” is… While I was gone my oven was cooking a neighbor’s turkey – she bought one too big for her oven - I got home and took her 21 lb turkey back down to her. Then for Mom and I - fixed oysters and shrimp on the BBQ with artichokes, I served a nice bread too, but did not have any, It was very different for me, but I liked it …. I took a picture I will post tomorrow…

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won! Working on craft show crafts
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California