Not a fan

Options

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    For other people like myself that never heard of her, I found the following picture online. You're Welcome.

whitney-thore.png?itok=-dQYVzrL

You sir are an *kitten*

That really wasn't nice

Not quite sure why it was okay for her to post a pic of her but you're an asterisk for doing so. :laugh:
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    For other people like myself that never heard of her, I found the following picture online. You're Welcome.

You sir are an *kitten*

That really wasn't nice

Not quite sure why it was okay for her to post a pic of her but you're an asterisk for doing so. :laugh:

I was confused too. She clearly posed for both pictures.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Lol, I was just about to add, "Next comes the 'oh, but it was his tone and the way he worded it' responses."
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »

You sir are an *kitten*

That really wasn't nice

She wasn't posting the pic to make fun of herself. He was, the "you're welcome" made that clear. While name calling is not nice and should not be done, neither is fat shaming and making fun of people. It's shallow and just cruel.

Ah, I missed the comment.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Why does she have a show? I wanna be on tv
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Nice language.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,598 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It's not about her body or her life. It's about her HAES message. "Healthy At Every Size" isn't a reality at 380lbs, even for a professional athlete who's 6 feet tall.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Not even worth it.

What did you accuse me of before your edit?

Nice assumption. You don't even know me enough to know what I did or did not say. And I stand by my...not even worth it, not in the slightest. Good day sir.

I know enough that you jump to conclusions. And instead of having the decency of apologizing, you are running off. Speaks volumes about your character.

Running off is the easiest thing to do after you've just accused people of being judgemental, then judged them in the very next breath.

You've never shamed anyone in this thread or any other that I've seen. Coming from a fat girl, you've always been friendly and supportive.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

You sir are an *kitten*

That really wasn't nice

She wasn't posting the pic to make fun of herself. He was, the "you're welcome" made that clear. While name calling is not nice and should not be done, neither is fat shaming and making fun of people. It's shallow and just cruel.

Ah, I missed the comment.

Yeah, he wanted to make sure his fat shaming was on record.

To be fair, when I read the "you're welcome", I took as it was obvious people were going to want to see who this chic was...just sayin'. Just an outsider perspective...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Rainbow-Unicorn.png

lol
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

So you're just here to derail the topic? Pretty sure that's against the rules. Let me guess: you don't give a 'asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk' about the rules either, right?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

That wasn't the point - the point was that it's a violation of ToS.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I finally got your point. You are suggesting that people who are obese should become mentally ill by engaging in self-loathing since they have given themselves the disease of obesity.

You clearly haven't thought through your stance.

Loving yourself does not mean you accept your disease state as the status quo.

Nope, your first sentence is 100% incorrect. But I suspect you know that. Otherwise you wouldn't need to restate my position using your own words. (if you are referring to me)

No, I don't know that. I am trying to understand your point by piecing together your statements and putting forth my understanding of your position.

You stated you didn't understand how anyone who was obese could love themselves, and then you started putting forth the argument that obesity was a self-caused disease.
    I'm not familiar with the woman you mention but I've always had a hard time with the concept that someone can both love theirself and be morbidly obese. How do you accept a disease (obesity) and an increased risk of so many other diseases for someone you love? It doesn't seem possible to me.

You are conflating loving yourself with accepting and loving the condition. They are two separate things and concepts.

My body is not my sense of self. In fact, I'd posit that no one should tie their body to their sense of self or self-worth, otherwise the disabled would have a pretty tough row to hoe.

I don't understand why you can't understand that I'm not talking about what a body looks like.

Because when you use the words 'morbidly obese' you are referring to a person's body.

And health. And I clarified repeatedly what I meant, so to continue to make it about aesthetics is all you. ALL you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Do I have time to catch up in here before this thread is locked and nuked?