Not a fan

Options
123457»

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Do I have time to catch up in here before this thread is locked and nuked?

I have a feeling this one won't get locked for some reason.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Do I have time to catch up in here before this thread is locked and nuked?

I have a feeling this one won't get locked for some reason.

:+1:
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I read need2exerc1se's first post I read it as "accepting morbid obesity for yourself is not a loving way to treat your body, so it seems incongruous when someone welcomes that state and says they love themselves." Like, for need2exerc1se that looks like someone maybe kicking their dog and saying to you "I love this dog!" You would say "Um really? Doesn't look like it!"
    Not totally sure I agree, we all probably do things to ourselves that aren't actively loving (lie out in the sun, get insufficient sleep, smoke cigarettes, what have you) and may also open you to risk of disease, but those are pieces of a whole person, who may hold herself in very high esteem and is just maybe a risk taker or gambler or (gasp) imperfect.
    Just saying though I'm pretty sure the original intent of that statement wasn't that obese people shouldn't or can't possibly love themselves.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    For other people like myself that never heard of her, I found the following picture online. You're Welcome.

whitney-thore.png?itok=-dQYVzrL

You sir are an *kitten*

That really wasn't nice

Not quite sure why it was okay for her to post a pic of her but you're an asterisk for doing so. :laugh:

She wasn't posting the pic to make fun of herself. He was, the "you're welcome" made that clear. While name calling is not nice and should not be done, neither is fat shaming and making fun of people. It's shallow and just cruel.

Saying "you're welcome" made it clear that I was making fun of her? :confused: Considering the fact that you know absolutely nothing about me, you couldn't possibly judge the tone of my written words. I had absolutely know idea who the woman was or what the fuss was about, so I googled her and posted a picture. I have had many female friends on here that were overweight, and I was once overweight myself. Not a single one that I have interacted with on here would ever accuse me of Fat Shaming.
    Alright, just for the record, when Googling her, and seeing the information about her being a dance, with a lot of pictures of her being a dancer, why, instead of posting one of the pictures of her in her day-to-day life, did you post the picture of her on the beach in swimsuit? Why address the comment as "I found the following picture online" instead of "this is her"? The very language insinuate objectification - the importance is on the picture, and object, over her as a person.
    Now, as a person that claims they're not into fat shaming and has impeccable character, it might be worth contemplating your usage of language in the future. It might not be your intent to fat shame, but intent isn't magic. All any person ever has with online writing is what is actually said and the way it is said, and if you have certain intents, you'll probably want to avoid language that conveys different intents.