Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Thanks Rachel! Glad I almost made you spit out your coffee! This group rocks!!

Ok Ladies!! I mapped out my plan this morning!! If I stick to my plan, I can be at my goal weight by Christmas!! I want you all to keep asking me how I'm doing... Keep me accountable!! Damn it.. I am going to do this!!! By next year when we do our family trip at the water park in February, I am going to have a cute sexy swimsuit!!! I'm going to do this!!!! I love making out goals and seeing what I can do in a time period! At first it looks so far out there but when you spell it out... It's really not!! Let's rock this ladies!

You Go Girl!! You got this! You have motivated me once again! Thank you so much for starting this thread!! This has motivated so many people to be accountable, to vent and get things out, and to be supported!! Thank you!
    20ew8r3fee9k.jpg
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It has been a very rewarding day today. I have been pad holding for 3 hours for 2 ladies taking their black belt gradings today. They have worked so hard to get to this point and put in 100% effort, it was a true pleasure being a part of it :smiley: and then on to do an hour of kickboxercise. Back home and everyone has gone out so time for me to put my feet up and relax and maybe have a cheeky drink :wink: In the UK we have mothers day tomorrow so I would like to wish everyone a very happy mothers day :smiley: enjoy your weekend everyone :smiley:
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Me too I'm back!!!!! add me and we will motivate eacge other....let me add you :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It was snowing here today, I manged to get a bit of a walk in before it got too cold, but not as long as I'd have liked. .
    Still, I lost 2lb this week so I'm really happy with that, a long way to go yet, but it is coming off. I know it will slow down at some point so I'm grateful for the losses each week right now. Only 4 weeks until our skiing trip, so I'm hoping my hard work with the weight loss and the running pays off and by the time we go I'll be in better shape to enjoy it!
    I bought some new digital bathroom scales, they tell you your body fat percentage, bmi and hydration level too, I was quite shocked at my body fat level, definitely something else to use as a goal.
    As Gillian said, it's Mothers Day here tomorrow so I'm hoping the weather is ok so I can walk to my Mums to give her a card and her present, it's a good 30 min walk from my house to hers, so it will be a good exercise and help to get some steps in. Hope everybody is having a fab weekend!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR way to go on the weight loss, awesome work :smiley: . I wish we had snow, its just been wet and miserable here. which scales did you buy, mine are just basic digital scales but i would love to know what my body fat percentage is. I have used to online calculators but they come up with different figures
  • CariTJR
    Options
    No snow today, and although its cold, the sun is out so I'm going to walk to see my Mum in a bit.
    @Gillian, I got the scales in Sainsburys, they are Salter ones, same make as the ones I already had, but with the extra stuff. They're on sale for £10 (bargain!) so I thought I'd give them a go as I've been wondering what my body fat percentage is for a while. No idea how accurate they are, but it gives you an idea. My OH can't leave them alone, he's constantly on them moaning that his body fat is not what it used to be, which I find quite amusing as he still seems to think of himself as the 25 year old MMA competitor he used to be, and I keep having to remind him he's 42 now! (and still in bloody good shape) lol.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile I just downloaded the happy scale app, it looks great! Feeling motivated by it!

If I lose just 1 lb per wk I'll pretty much be at goal by my sisters wedding in August-Im bridesmaid and she's a skinny minny!!! A lb a week is definetly doable! I'm going to join a women's fitness club tomorrow, they have a gym but more appealing are the classes...there's a huge selection from 7am until 9pm. I need to hit a class straight after work at half 3 or 4 o'clock before I go home and get lazy and they look to have different classes everyday around this time! So I'll be trying all sorts, like boxercise and spinning and whatever else is on! I'll let ye know how I'm finding them!!!

Happy Mother's Day to any of you it applies to! And happy Sunday to the rest of you!!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @tazzy2911 glad you like the app. We have a love/hate relationship.

Happy Mother's Day to those across the pond. It is almost 40 degrees here today so I might actually venture out for a walk with the dogs since this is actually my "off" day and it is driving my crazy.

Have a great day all.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @tazzy - 1lb a week is definitely doable, I have no doubt you'll lose that and more, and look fabulous in your bridesmaids dress!

Well, it was a 'better' weekend, still not great, but I managed to damage control it to being only Saturday that was a little over the top.
    Yesterday I walked to my Mums which it turns out is just under 2 miles from my house, so I did a fair bit of walking. I'm quite lucky too as between where I live and my Mums is what is known as 'The Valley' and then an area of lakes, with a big boating lake and then some smaller fishing lakes - a lovely walk, even in the cold. Everyone seemed to be out yesterday, there were loads of people walking their dogs, running, biking, and there's a lot of nature along the way too. I even saw a black squirrel , i've never seen one before, (usually you only see grey ones, and very rarely a red one around here), I tried to get a picture of it but by the time i'd got my phone set to take a snap the little sod had run off haha. All in all not a bad weekend.
    RC tonight and it's literally freezing, so i'll probably turn into an icicle.
    Hope everyone has a good day. :)
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Got on the scales yesterday and had a really good result 1.4kg lost (3lbs :))! I have had an okay week - didn't follow calories every day but my slim fast breakfast and lunch have completely taken the stress out of dieting. I managed over 2L of water a day for the first week ever and am back to the gym tonight. Sliding back into the whole healthy living & diet thing so adding to this gradually I plan on trying to stick to my calories a bit better this week and carry on with the water will add 3 gym sessions to this 45mins-1hr.
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a part of your group. I am a teacher (living overseas) and have about 70 more pounds to lose. I am eating clean unprocessed food and do great until I travel for a long weekend or vacation...when I am not in control of my food prep. I will be more faithful about logging and sharing. Happy to motivate others and I am also looking for a core group!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Well girls! I had a great week! Stayed well above my 10K step goal everyday this week. I've watched my eating and was excited to see the scale down 2 lbs. this week!! Now to behave and not let it go back up over the weekend! That's what I am not good at! Plus I am having wine & craft night with the girls tonight so I need to watch my wine intake!
    Hope all of you are having a great week and let's keep it rolling through the weekend! =) Loving the sharing onthis thread! You guys rock!

@ShyCush6 Awesome job on your steps!! What what did you make at your craft night?? I love wine and craft nights! So fun!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to a Saturday morning lie in but hubby and dogs had other ideas...up at 7 am, sun shining, out for a 4K walk in the woods and back home now for breakfast! Wasn't planned for this morning but feel great to have my walk done! Especially since I've been struggling with motivation lately!

@tazzy2911 Fur-Kids are a great motivator aren't they! Awesome walk!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    #dailycheckin I think I'm caught up on everyone. You peeps are so good at motivating everyone!! I had a great weekend! Pretty low key and it felt great! We fixed a crazy good dinner last night but I'm back on track today with a salad for lunch and I brought my walking shoes! We had a nice afternoon here in Indiana Sunday - took the pup for a great walk in the park!
    81ld3gf3pco0.jpg

@dschoenbein - Welcome to the group!

• Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    @Samgrim91 - So sorry to hear about your Nan, and your Dad. It's the 14th anniversary of my Dad dying of cancer today, i've been right where you are, so I truly feel for you (fingers crossed your Dad doesn't have it, and if he does, he succeeds in doing what mine tried so hard to do, and kicks it's ar*e!). My Mum had a stroke back end of last year too, and I spent way too much time in the hospital eating junk food from vending machines while I stayed at her bedside, so I hear ya with regard to eating right when so much is going on. But like all of us, you can do this. You need to be healthy yourself, your health is your wealth as they say.

It's not cancer :D we just got the results back, never been so relieved in my life! They still don't know what it is so he needs some more tests but at least we can breath a bit easier now :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune great new lifting routine, way to amp it up!

@tazzy2911 sounds like a great way to start the day, albeit definitely early. Don't they know the weekend is for sleep? lol

@GillianSmith2 you deserve a drink after all that exercise! I hope you had a relaxing day and a great Mother's Day

@CariTJR great job on the loss!!!! Keep up the great work with all that walking!

@Samgrim91 Congrats on the loss! Keep us posted on how the gym goes. I'm so glad to hear it's not cancer!!!!

@ChangeIsADecision beautiful walk photos! That looks like an amazing trail!

@ShyCush6 Thank you for starting this group! You are definitely going to look amazing at the Dells next year

Welcome all newcomers!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I had a fun trip to Urgent Care this morning. I got my finger caught in my training partner's shirt when we were training yesterday and I woke up to a very purple finger this morning. Luckily it's not broken! The Urgent Care doctor said I was the best patient of the morning since I was almost dancing around her office in happiness when she gave me the news.

On the bright side I trained for almost 4 hours this weekend and had an absolute blast. I seriously forgot how good it feels to be a part of a team again. And thanks to my ginger complexion, I'll be wearing long sleeved shirts from now until infinity because I am black and blue all over! I'm clearly bringing sexy back ;)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girls!! Love all the new posts from the weekend... Now to catch up on my part!! =)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to a Saturday morning lie in but hubby and dogs had other ideas...up at 7 am, sun shining, out for a 4K walk in the woods and back home now for breakfast! Wasn't planned for this morning but feel great to have my walk done! Especially since I've been struggling with motivation lately!

Love the new picture Sinead!!! Way to get a walk in so early on a Saturday!! That rocks!