tumblr_misftupPk61r06oeno1_500.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The winner in the deer race is always in the doe. . .or swimming in the bucks.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Deer antler velvet harvesting has been around forever. One does not need to kill the deer to harvest it. Deer shed their antlers and grow a new pair every year. I can see how this could be effective. Walking around "shed hunting" will burn calories and could result in decreased weight and or increased fitness. If you find a shed antler then giving it to a dog to chew on or mounting it on the wall is optional.
    ETA: Warning! If you live in North America, and plan on taking up this activity immediately, please remember to wear hunter's orange while out in the woods. It is deer hunting season and you wouldn't want to be mistaken for the animal that is attached to the antlers this time of the year.

1 - the velvet dries, itches, and they rub it off in August. There is no velvet on their antlers when they are mature, so there wouldn't be any on sheds found in the woods.
    2 - In most states, the gun deer season is sometime in the fall/early winter. Bucks don't shed their antlers until the end of winter, in February or March, so it wouldn't make much sense to look for them in the deer hunting season.

I was being silly, even though velvet harvesting has been around forever, I am unaware of any benefit in ingesting it. The only benefit that I can see in antlers was the exercise one would get looking for them, finding them would be immaterial to any benefit that would come from searching for them.

Ah, I see.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    946238_677474885615301_1203469657_n.jpg
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    pp-leaky-toilet.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    pp-leaky-toilet.jpg

Feeling a little flushed, deer? Buck up.
  • TheBeachgod
    Options
    Picture%20059-1.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    "Nothing runs like a Deere."

Unless it's a toilet. <nods>
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    "Nothing runs like a Deere."

Unless it's a toilet. <nods>

Or someone doing the Master Cleanse...

• TheBeachgod
    Options
    aaaaghh!! Olde slang (from when I was a kid), a toilet is a john. And this is a deer thread. So john deer. I reached too far for a bad play on words, didn't I? How about:

photo-27.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    aaaaghh!! Olde slang (from when I was a kid), a toilet is a john. And this is a deer thread. So john deer. I reached too far for a bad play on words, didn't I? How about:

photo-27.jpg

Dam, that *was* a bit of a stretch. ;)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    dRvtmTg.jpg

What?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    11433225.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    l5vb1Iw.jpg
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    As entertaining as this thread has been (thank you witty people!) I was hoping there would be some actual feedback from anyone who has used it because my son is using it. Some nasty tasting spray that goes under the tongue. So far he hasn't had any side effects (good or bad) but I was hoping for some experiences from others.
    What does he say he's taking it for?

He heard it would help him build muscle so he takes it before a workout. He's not convinced so I don't think he'll be buying any more since there haven't been any measurable results.

How old is your son? If he is still living at home why would you allow him to use a supposed 'supplement' without thoroughly researching it first? While this one might be relatively harmless, some of them can be quite dangerous.

I mentioned in my first post that he's 23. Owns his own home, is self-sufficient, and is not a child. He's smart. I trust him. This is just a silly thing he tried.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    0e96613ac89a67cb2eba9daec92df043.jpg
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am shocked the moderator hasn't responded with the high jacking/staying on topic rule. But these gifs and puns are hilarious!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    As entertaining as this thread has been (thank you witty people!) I was hoping there would be some actual feedback from anyone who has used it because my son is using it. Some nasty tasting spray that goes under the tongue. So far he hasn't had any side effects (good or bad) but I was hoping for some experiences from others.

He heard it would help him build muscle so he takes it before a workout. He's not convinced so I don't think he'll be buying any more since there haven't been any measurable results.

How old is your son? If he is still living at home why would you allow him to use a supposed 'supplement' without thoroughly researching it first? While this one might be relatively harmless, some of them can be quite dangerous.

I mentioned in my first post that he's 23. Owns his own home, is self-sufficient, and is not a child. He's smart. I trust him. This is just a silly thing he tried.

your son his doing well for himself
    p.s there are worst things that he could have tried.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options

your son his doing well for himself
    p.s there are worst things that he could have tried.

Thank you! I agree.