Could you spend a day without any sugar?

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm eating an ice cream sandwich as I type this. Sugar is nothing to fear, carbs are nothing to fear ( unless someone has a medical condition )
    So I wouldn't have any reason to want to cut down on sugar. I eat everything in moderation . it hasn't stopped my progress any.
    I wouldn't reccomend someone to eat all ice cream every single day, but I also wouldn't reccomend someone to eat all lettuce every single day either. It comes down to moderation .
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    The only way to eat no sugar is to eat all meat.

This is what I was thinking. I don't see how it's possible.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    veg and fruit are very nutritious...so I wouldn't even bother trying...it's ridiculous.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    For a single day? Indeed I can, and in fact I have! In some dark times as a student, the day before student loans came in, all I had was four steaks and I ate them all.

The morning bowel movement the following day wasn't especially fun, but I didn't feel even remotely bad on the day itself. Bit of a meat sweat going on, but that's it.

I do not recommend this as a long term strategy to anyone :)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, but that's just because I'm in a meat mood. Although I do keto, I still get a few carbs and carbs are sugar. I don't really do added sugar though. A touch here and there, but sugar is a trigger food for me so I avoid.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    For a single day? Indeed I can, and in fact I have! In some dark times as a student, the day before student loans came in, all I had was four steaks and I ate them all.

The morning bowel movement the following day wasn't especially fun, but I didn't feel even remotely bad on the day itself. Bit of a meat sweat going on, but that's it.

I do not recommend this as a long term strategy to anyone :)

Ow dude!!
  • rockstarjosh
    rockstarjosh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs, all day err day
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs, all day err day
    Just remember the beer you drink has no fat or protein....hmm.....one day.....I doubt you could do it.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yup i could go a day without sugar of any kind but, it would require me to stay in bed for the whole day!
    there's just no way i could totally go sugar free when even the 2% milk i put in my wake-me-up mug of coffee has a gram of sugar in it!!
    i gave up my 1/4 cp of added sugar in my mug of coffee and try to avoid some things with added sugar in them but, there's no way i am given up anything else with non added sugar in it for even an hour, let alone a day.
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My answer is no and I wouldn't want to.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    isn't keto about not eating any sugar? - i really don't know
    You don't? As the starter of this thread, I was hoping you'd be a font of information.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    But why?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Nope, sugar is definitely my weakness, but not the pastry and candy format...I love my tea and French vanilla's, and tend to go way over every day on sugar, just from those alone.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    But why?

Yes ... this.

Why would a person want to cut out all sugar?

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Veggies have sugar, even dairy.
    This person stated cutting out sugar completely (not cutting back).
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10284310/the-deal-on-sugar/p1
    I have never heard of anyone completely cutting out sugar
    Can it be done? Even for a day?
    Tell me your experience going 100% without a drop of sugar for a day or longer.
    Note: I am at around 50 grams of sugar a day

For one day I could no sugar or not eat anything at all but I don't plan to.
    I think it is unnecessary to cut foods from my diet.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My sugar intake as a total for today is 44gm. I am happy with that as I try to stay low on added sugar. Huge trigger for me to end up with major cravings. But sugar in my veg and fruit is all good!!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    What am I? Mad at myself??
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    But why?

Yes ... this.

Why would a person want to cut out all sugar?

Maybe it makes them feel bad? Maybe they like to experiment? Sugar is fun to eat, but no one will suffer ill health without it.