Do you count the calories in fruits and vegtables?

Options
123457»

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    If I didn't count fruits and veggies, my lunch alone would be 180 calories. Not very truthful. I count it all, knowing that it's good nourishment in a lot of ways, especially because my snacks are often fruits and veggies and can be around 300 calories.
  • Oflamez
    Oflamez Posts: 43 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Oflamez wrote: »
    isn't 1200 calories extremely low ? I'm a 106 kg male trying out a cut (fat loss) on 2800 calories.

Heh. You're young, relatively large (no negative implication intended), male, and since you mention cutting, probably muscular/active. You'd be *amazed* how few calories it takes to maintain, let alone lose, if you're female, tiny, and old (I know OP isn't old).

I was obese at my 83kg starting weight, and I'm mid-sized for a female (5'5"). At goal weight, if sedentary, most calculators would put my *maintenance* calories in the mid-1400s. Imagine what it's like for someone who's 5' or thereabouts.

But your final point is more than valid, and very important to people with lower BMR/TDEE - If you have to eat 1200 (or even 1400) to lose, then those uncounted veggies/fruit can be a huge variable.

that's crazy ! And well written post. Crazy in the sense that its astonishing.

I think that the thread starter is trying to go overboard with her caloric deficit, like the attitude : more is better, more deficit is better, I'm thinking she will be so hungry on 1200 calories that she will crack and eat more food.

That or 1200 calories is really the right deficit, in that case I wish her good luck. In any case fruits can be relatively high in calories so if you eat them weather or not you track it's still above 1200 calories.

I'm more then double the size / weight then my best friends sister, literally, and she is just very slim not unhealthy.