WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @exermom Thanks friend! Just rec'd your pic.
    Becca
  • Annr
    edited December 2015
    Options
    MFP Advent Calendar
    December 3rd- Long, long ago in Palestine
    upon a night serene
    a wondrous star flamed in the east
    the brightest ever seen.

Mary in Minn- Rec'd your pic today thanks!

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    @Poerava14 Thanks just got your pic, love the one with the cat....Big whiskers!
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Cooking for the Feast of Sharing tomorrow, lunch for the community, usually 2,000 or so of the town's 8,000 residents. The churches all supply the food, and the Chamber cooks... then the Christmas Parade tomorrow night, helping Santa out behind the scenes at the County Courthouse. Helping out is helping me out a lot.

Headed up to Missouri to see the grandbabies and the DD and DSiL on the 28th... love long car trips with the DH. We need the time together, and he needs the time off.

Thinking of all of you... <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    hm 2 gym- 13.01min, 13.8amph, 110ahr, 150mhr, 2.9mi = 150c
    jog- 40min, 9.21ap/min mi, 6.3sp- 7.5sp, 140ahr, 160mhr, 4.28mi = 457c
    gym 2 dome- 6.57min, 11.8amph, 145mhr, 1.3mi = 113c
    dome 2 hmm - 20.56min, 7.7amh, 125ahr, 154mhr, 2.6mi = rainy & 19mph winds!- 244c
    total cal 964
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    tomorrow another app for kirby, i'll let u no what happens (yes i know i should have spelled know instead of no)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lisa - it sounds like you are having a great time with your community. You have a lot to look forward to with your children and grandchildren!

Pip - Nice stats! I hope all goes well for Kirby tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Tired tonight so will just shout out to a few of you who’s situations really struck a chord with me. <3

Mindy: Prayers in big bunches going up for your daughter and YOU! Feel our hugs coming from all over the country.

Carol: Adding fervent prayers for your nephew’s reconstruction. Wishing his immediate family and caregivers lots of strength, patience and good humor.

MNMargaret: Every wish that your DH’s procedure goes smoothly. May the results be the best that can be expected.

Pip: Hope Kirby’s appointment goes well.

Yesterday DH had resection of the melanoma on forehead. Now we wait for pathology report to confirm they have sufficient margins so he can get skin graft and close the grisly wound bed. We’re booked for his plastic surgery on Dec. 23rd. He is not in pain now, but yesterday was a long, rough day for both of us. I’m not wired to be a caregiver, medication reminder, and patient advocate, but without any other family or close friends around, it’s really up to me to be there for every appointment, procedure, and bandage change. I don't like having my routine messed up, especially in the early morning which is when I get in my daily exercise. :# Okay, pity party over….

Sorry I'm so crabby lately. Think I'll go to bed early and see if some extra sleep helps my mood. Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Goals for December
    • Try 5 different you-tube workouts
    • Eat mindfully
    • Smile more – act like I enjoy the holidays
    • Embrace the changes at work

Word for 2015: Mindfulness
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pip - you never cease to amaze me. Wish had I half the determination and drive you do. So glad you are here to push/pull the rest of us along :) Thanks

Lisa - I miss your posts so am glad when you can pop in so we know you are still with us. It will be great to go see the grandbabies. Enjoy the nice long drive with that hunky hubby. Hope you both get some well deserved RR.

Rori - Praying for the best outcome for your husband. I hope the margins are clean and they can proceed with the skin graft. I can certainly understand not being the caregiver type, neither am I, it takes a special person to handle all of that. I'm thankful for those nurses and docs who do just that (we have several on here). Hope you get some much needed rest and feel better in the morning.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - Vince wants me to keep my phone out so I'll hear it (I usually keep it in my pocketbook). Well, I had this one pocketbook that had a cell phone holder on the side with the velcro strip holding it closed. Well, over time the velcro wore down and one time the phone fell out. Fortunately, it was on the floor of my car. But I know how horrified I was when I realized in the store that I didn't have it. I realized how much info I have on that phone. It's scary.

Sue in WA - yes, I remember the veggie trees. I made a few of them. To be honest, I didn't find them all that easy to make. And the veggies sometimes would fall off the toothpicks. Yes I use the Wet & Forget. It's absolutely amazing. It doesn't work instantly, but over time you will see a difference. hmmm....never used it on moss stains. You know, you can ask someone at Amazon how it works on the stains. But I can tell you that to get rid of mold on railings, under steps, etc., it's fantastic!

Becca - glad you got the pic. Isn't it just something else (and I don't mean that in a good way). It's my passport photo, otherwise I'd have to find if we have (and I think we do) photo paper for the printer. I just don't know where the paper is.

Rori - let's hope they have a sufficient margin this time. Cry all you want to, get it out of your system, we have big shoulders plus there's a big pile on the side waiting to be burned to tell Santa where to bring the presents.

Went to Newcomer bowling tonight. I'm still Miss Consistently Inconsistent. One game was a 99 and the next was a 130.

I used to get this stuff called "saf-T-Bak" which is this rubber stuff that you paint on the back of an item and it dries to a rubber. Seems I can only get it in 16oz containers. Well, when I order something from Amazon, in order to get the free shipping, I'll just add that.

Michele in NC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Mindy: prayers for you and daughter
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Rori - praying for your DH to have clean margins. Caregiving is a difficult job along with all your other duties. You are under a lot of stress besides. You vent whenever you need to. We are here to help and support you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading from last night about this time. My, there are a lot of you ladies that are going through some hard times. Makes me feel lucky for my husband and myself.

Mindy, sometimes you just have to do what you just have to do. You are her mother and sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and do it. Will be praying the ER staff can help you do what is best for her. Makes me want to give my girls hugs tonight. Please let yourself cry, be angry, or whatever emotion you are feeling. God gave us those emotions for a reason. Use them with His blessing

Rori, was just thinking about you today wondering when his next surgery is. Sure hope that this one shows clear borders and he can start his restoration.. I remember as a nurse having to teach caregivers how to pack, dress, irrigate and care for some nasty wounds. It is amazing the inner strength a person can muster when it is needed. Since I never saw the people again, I don't know the emotional toil it took but we are here for you and just remember that empty white space here on our computers. It is swept clean nightly. We have big shoulders and I ma sure many of us have gone through some tough times like yours.

Heather, one of the shows I love to watch on HGTV is House Hunters and House Hunters International. Paris is one of the places they like to go to and I know how absolutely rediculously expensive Paris is for renting or buying even a tiny flat. Now I know you aren't there but I would imagine it is expensive there also. But your flat is breath taking. And huge form the size of that living room. It looks like a person would be afraid to touch anything.

Thanks for the suggestions about the other kind of erector set. I will look into it. We were looking at the different sets on Amazon of the K'nex and she really loved the roller coasters but I am afraid that it will mostly be her Dad that would be building it but I don't think he would mind that at all. I also and worried that if I got her one and all the 6 little ones will be here that things will get lost, one may try to swallow a piece, etc. So I have already talked to her about it and she said she wouldn't open it if the little ones were around. Their Mom's have always been good about bringing toys. Of course they always get toys for Christmas. When we built our family room and I was wanting to take over the very multipurpose room that is now my office, I made sure I made a nice space for the kids toys. At that time, my girls were at the age that they were playing with things for a girl a lot younger. I just looked at face book and it was 2008. So I guess Ellie who is 9 now was just a baby. Trinity would have been about 7. So I have some things that the older girls can play with. The poor 4 year old boy is on his own though! I have never updated any of the toys. The only things Ellie plays with is the art stuff I have to keep filled. I know it isn't my job to keep things there for my nephews kids to play with once a year so I could just eliminate the whole pahy area and push back the sofa. But I remember my Mom's house and all her toys she had for any kid who came to her house. I still have some of the toys that I played with at my Grandma's house in Minnesota. And they were some of my Dad's toys. So I guess it is sentimental the reason I keep the toys there. I am just being a Grandma.

Speaking of Grandma, Miriam, do your girls call you Grandma now or Mom. what a wonderful thing! my youngest daughter's birthday is Dec 10. So I will think of you while we celebrate her birthday.

I wish I could remember what I did today. I know I went somewhere but I can't remember. Is that CRS or should I be concerned???? Oh, now I remember. I got my haircut. Nothing special, the same haircut I have had for absolutely years. My hair dresser loves to talk and talk and talk some more. I said we had a good Thanksgiving and asked her how hers was. Boy, I opened up a can of worms. She doesn't like her brother in law, says he has never liked the whole family. Knows what her buttons are and pushed them as often as he can. So she said at Christmas they aren't going to go to the family Christmas at all. It is hurting both her sisters and her parents. But she said she has to protect her own family. Her family is 2 grown adults and husband. I told her she may be causing a rift that may never heal. I don't know what I would do if my family didn't come here every year.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies...

Only have a moment but I wanted to share that I have hit my goal of losing 43 lbs! Thank you all for the support, you made it much easier.

Gotta hit the shower and start my day.
    Love to all,
    Chris in MA
    Good morning Ladies...

Only have a moment but I wanted to share that I have hit my goal of losing 43 lbs! Thank you all for the support, you made it much easier.

Gotta hit the shower and start my day.
    Love to all,
    Chris in MA

• Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this is the first time I have contributed to this thread. I have been with fitness pal logging for 6 weeks and have lost 5 kilos. I could never stick to a diet but I have kept the weight off. December resolutions are to drink up to 10 glasses of water per day. Try to jog more in my 30 minute walks and forgive myself for little slip ups now and then. I love reading everyone's goals for this month. You are all awesome and quite remarkable individuals and I send my unconditional support yo you all. Cathy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    ok not feeling well at all, scratchy throat and cough.. took nyquil last night and was out like a light..
    so having tea and honey this morning.. and maybe toast.
    Mindy~ thinking of you and hope your daughter gets the help she needs, and you dont get overwhelmed..
    Rory~ sending prayers that all the margins are clean and well marked and the surgery is a great sucsess..
    not going down to see DFIL today as I dont want to get anyone sick..
    working tomorrow and hope all goes well,,
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend ahead, planninng to get errands in, christmas cards written and mailed and christmas cookies made to be shipped to nephews in miami. Dont know if this is the weekend to get the tree, gonna focus on the fun, not the hassle.

Nsv, wearing new size pants today!!
    Good thoughts for all those facing challenges.
    Karen from ny
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)