WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what hit me the worst; fish tacos or margarita, or both. Came home from going out to eat and felt like if I could have thrown up would have felt a little better. First drink I have had since starting on my diet; maybe should not have done that ... huge headache this AM! YUCK! What page is Becca's video on? I've gone back several and still have no found it.

Grits - on page 23, her post that starts out Advent Calendar - klick on the picture of the rose she has there, that will start the video.

Janetr OKC

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather - your grandbabies are absolutely the cutest. Looks like they are very intrigued :) Thanks for sharing with us. I love to see pictures.

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Heather darling!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Janetr - thanks ... I would have never thought to click on the picture to make it start a video.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, yes, we are marking the occasion. We had both my older sons, grandkids, two community friends, five church friends and the community paper's reporter attending the hearing. Then we all went out to a pizza buffet place. Lots of photos were taken. I also had a small journal for everyone to write a note to the girls for a remembrance. I am also taking the journal to church tomorrow, and to school on Monday, so others can add to it. The adoption is being written up in the local paper. One of the friends is compiling scrapbooks for each of us with the photos he took. The girls received many gifts to mark the occasion (legos, bracelet making kit, origami paper, tiny doll set) as well as Ipads from their grandmother. We ate dinner out last night with my middle son. Just now we were at the craft sale/ soup luncheon fundraiser at our church, and folks kept giving the girls money to buy various craft objects and cookies! They also came home for their tooth fairy money and bought a scarf and necklace for me. So we are doing lots to celebrate. This will also be an annual celebration day, just like the date they came to my house in June.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, we are in for a change in the weather, winter storm watch with rain today and snow tomorrow. I work both days so hope it is not to bad. I am working on getting back on track and fighting depression. Not sure why just feeling down. DH has a appointment next Friday afternoon as he has a lump on his neck and it is getting bigger. He keeps telling me its nothing and I said lets hear that from the doctor. So am worried about that. Eating yesterday was better, but still over.

Miriam--Congrates. They are very lucky to have you. Sounds like you are making it a very special day.

I also love the Stephanie Plum books. I just checked out and read the new one 22. They never get old or boring.

Becca--I saw my picture on the tree. The tree is looking nice. Thanks for sharing.

Katla--Sorry you missed your trip for this weekend. Hope you both are feeling better soon.

Heather--The DGC look like they are having fun making the gingerbread houses. Thanks for sharing.

Not really a lot else going on and am caught up so will sign off for today. This evening after work have church and then early to bed as work 6-4:30 again tomorrow. Take it easy ladies and hugs and prayers to each of you.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes.

• kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just scanning through the past day's posts and see congratulations are in order for *Miriam*. Great news! Congratulations!
    *heather* loved the pics of the gingerbread house making. I miss those days with my kids and am NOT ready for grandkids.

I spent yesterday on a college tour with my son. I was stuck by the good food in the cafeteria! Steamed cod with a light bearnaise sauce with steamed fresh spinach (naked). It was great. And the rest of the visit went well too.
    I should have worn my pedometer because we walked for a few hours.

Day 4 on P90x3 and my knees are so sore. Everything is sore. Supposedly this will go away in a few weeks. I'll just stick with it and modify where needed. So far the program is good. Challenging for sure. There's nothing boring about it at all.

So for today, 30 minutes P90x3 and 30 minutes on the elliptical (going at an easy pace watching Netflix).

Enjoying a quite day by the fire at Cape Cod.

Kimses in MA

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    evening folks~
    had dinner, showered ,jammies in bed..Tom out walking the dogs and we will be going to sleep in a bit..
    usually snooze while on the trip, Tom did twice and I didnt at all..
    left our house at 3:30 am got here to South of the Border at 3:45 pm.. bushed.. and it is another 600 plus miles tomorrow :/
    will check in tomorrow....
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    co92zpr1a97d.jpgat Vonns in Seattle
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    The party is done, and I'm exhausted. But it was a lot of fun. We wound up with just 7 kids, which made a nice manageable bunch. And two of the mothers stayed to help, so it was great.

wbbmg321ott1.jpeg
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Miriam!!

DJ - The physical therapist got a little too hung go on Tuesday and my shoulder ended up really sore. On top of that, spending an entire day sitting beside my ex may have caused me to carry just a wee bit of tension on top of the already stressed joint. :tongue:

Today has been a rest day. I figure it will be the last opportunity for one for a few weeks so I indulged.

Oh! I bought a veggie tray at BJ's to take to my party last night. It was/is awesome! It had snap peas and little yellow peppers in it in addition to carrots, celery, and broccoli. It was $10 but hat 4lbs of veggies. I'm thinking that might be something I buy for myself occasionally.

Lisa - I sympathize with the fissure issue. I think I have a mild case of IBS since I seem to go to extremes both ways within just a day or so.

Back to my book...

Carol in NC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Carol, have you considered celiac? LOL Both going too much or not able to go are symptoms... lol

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    NAVY BEAT ARMY.....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjXwuee3dfJAhXEpoMKHX-QAy0QqQIIIjAB&url=http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/12/12/10007312/army-navy-2015-final-score-streak-14-years&usg=AFQjCNEGQi9hHZKiUDeRPYc-BKl3ocDSuA&bvm=bv.109910813,d.eWE

Husband and I watched the whole thing, and I yelled like a banshee!! I don't think I could actually go to a game and be there in person I would be freaking out and HOARSE by half-time.....

Today I made pinto bean soup and a small pan of lasagna. Husband was very complimentary, which was sweet. I had gotten some mild Italian sausages so I opened them up and saute'ed them with spices before adding the Ragu sauce. I also "pre-snapped" the lasagna noodles before cooking them. Did a couple of layers of dry noodles in the square pan to see how many I would need. Good idea and I didn't think I would have too many noodles left over. So not so! Strange the noodles cooked and got wider but not longer. My estimation of three rows of noodles became two, so I still have some left over.... I cut them all up and made "Homemade Ramen noodles" hahaha. Put the bean soup for tomorrows lunch for husband and I.

Thanks for the nice words about my festive home :-) It's a really small apartment, so I am constantly trying to keep it looking homey but not messy. The "ugly alligator green" recliner chair in the dining area is interesting to say the least. We didn't have a love seat (always wanted one) and when we got the new love seat and couch, husband couldn't part with the recliner. It's nice to lean back and read in the Library/dining area though. My husband calls that chair in that specific place THE DEN.

Toe is better. A couple of days of putting a knitted looking sock on it, so it wouldn't snag on anything in my sleep. (My fear) I think it will still fall off, but I will let it do it on its own time. In general the toes aren't angry looking or warm.

Down a couple of pounds so I am pleasantly happy today. Drinking my Crystal light lemonade water like a drunken sailor today...

MFP Advent Calendar
    Dec 12th~ They mounted camels and they wrapped their robes around them tight.
    The shepherds, too trudged slowly on, throughout the chilling night.

You don't have to live your life trying to be perfect.
    You just have to try to live your life being WHOLE.

Great phrase huh...
    Becca
    Oregon

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Miriam - Since my son has Celiac, I have been tested -- with negative results. I really think it is a combination of stress and some poor food choices. Too much junk food has been staring me in the face and then leaping into my mouth over the past couple of weeks. :confounded:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    smiley-sleep012.gif Thank you for sharing your lives with me....it's time for bed so no time for replies but please know that you are all in my heart.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Almost three hours of dog walking today in spite of my resolution to take it easy....I thought the wind and rain would discourage the dogs who have new haircuts and green bows in their ears, but they wanted to walk a lot, anyway.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

“The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Great pics PIP and KIRBY...Its nice to see both smiling, healthy and happy. ((hugs)))
    Becca