• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    That topped off a week of him having to wear b.p. heart monitor all week, which ruined his sleep. We are awaiting news of that report as well because it is critical that his b.p. is controlled, may have to adjust his meds....he refuses to have a defibrilator surgically implanted in his chest which is something the Cardio docs are wanting to do.....

Okay, vent is over.

Karen from NY

Karen, my husband has an implanted defibrilator/pacemaker. It is his second one. The first was in 2006 and when the batteries needed to be replaced in 2013, they replaced the whole thing with a unit that not only paces and monitors his heart but also makes his heart function better. He is so grateful for it and believes that his life has been extended and the quality of his life has been improved. I am sorry that your husband is resistant to the surgery.

<3 Barbie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    t79162.gif I am exhausted reading about all the holiday parties you are all going to. I went to one party on Friday at the home of one of my line dance friends. After navigating the maze of food and conversation, I was so happy when someone put on line dance music and I got to dance with others until it was time to go home. I don't do well with party food or conversation, but I am great at dancing.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho ,
    62 miles until we get to our place..this car ride does me in.
    .84 degrees I'll take it ;)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Oh Barbie Thanks for the support. I know this is a bridge too far right now, but I also know how to work my way with him in very small steps. We await the report, he isn't in any new kind of imminent danger as far as we know. I am pretty sure that we will come to grips with it eventually, for sure he would do it to extend his quality of life especially for our DD. If he were faced with the reality of missing the big milestones and told this is it, your only option to get you down the aisle or get you to her graduation then, I'm pretty sure he would go through with it, as stubborn as he is (aren't all men?)
    Been caught all day on the couch talking with folks on the phone, I've got to get up and get moving!
    Karen from NY
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Well, went out and sooooooo glad I did. Nearly two hours wandering around. Yeah!
    We did stop at a sidewalk café with no smokers for a drink so undid some of my good burn, but I had a lovely time. This is what I came for - doing nothing much with the man I love, but gently strolling through the very old and beautiful walls of this historic city. Christmas lights and shops open. We bought DGD a child's necklace as a holiday present from the Christmas market. It is made in a local town. We now have to find something for DGS. :ohwell: Perhaps in Avignon. I had a HAPPY afternoon. :D

Penny - your day sounds equally blessed ! :flowerforyou: It's the small things that make life complete and your heart sing. B)

Love to all. My we all find the things in life that nuture us. <3

Heather x

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Beth~ Oooh a real tree, I am so jealous. I have two stories that come to mind on that thought. First, from the time that my step-father came into the household, ( when I was about 15) to the time I left for college, the main GOAL in the tree-getting ritual was HOW FAST we could ZIP over to the tree farm, dash out and cut the thing down and ZIP home. I remember many stumbling in fields and laughing. Then when the tree farm opened up right down the street....well we got it down to mere MINUTES!!! My other story involved much RAID and a freeway of ants going up the beautiful sap-filled tree in Alameda Base in California in 1994, what a mess. From then on I have had a fake tree.

The Advent Calendar seems to be a hit :-) I am happy for us! Next week, when I take another mini video, I will try to be clearer! Looked fuzzy to me. The M & M train is from those long tubes of the candies with a train part on top. With 3 sons it took just a couple of Christmas's to get that. They themed them a long time ago. Now, not so much.

Grits~ One day, (hopefully before Christmas) I will get out all the messages that are in the pockets and type the story up for any of you that wish it :-)

Well my husband is saying I need to eat breakfast before I type on here. So.....he is right, but he just called me a BLOGGER. Hahaha....

Becca
    So not a blogger.
    in soggy Oregon
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Having quiet thinking time.

Photos of my mum and dad just before they were married. My dad taken a short time before he died.
    He died on 25 December 2000. Merry Christmas Dad, RIP. Memories last forever, especially the good ones.
    Sylvia, looks like a fun ceramics party!

Carol, glad you got tested.

Barbie, I am imaging your two dogs all wet and glistening with soggy bows! LOL

Pip, you guys are just so adorable.

Heather, hope you feel better. Loving hearing about your jaunts.

To all who are sick this season, or hurting from old age, my thoughts are with you. I remember one Christmas when all three of my boys were so sick that they didn't even care that Santa had come. It is no fun being sick right now when there is so much going on and so much joy to share.

Emily and I sing in choir at church today, and then we sing two songs in the Vespers concert that is community wide and rotates through the churches. This year we are at the Mennonite church. And we sing first. Ugh. It is fun to hear the different choirs from all the churches and also the Madrigal singers from the High School.

Love to all! I am still a bit distracted by Friday's events, so not remembering who else I wanted to respond to! But you all are dear to me.

Error
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Having quiet thinking time.

Photos of my mum and dad just before they were married. My dad taken a short time before he died.
    He died on 25 December 2000. Merry Christmas Dad, RIP. Memories last forever, especially the good ones.

I understand n feel!! Yesterday wa the date my dad passed 50 years ago. Keep the good memories!! Hard time of year!! Anytime of year is hard to lose a love one. Gayle Minneapolis
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy rainy sun
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Woke up to misty rain. Snow is coming. I am working 6-4:30 today. Then have the next two days off. Did weigh in this morning since I am off tomorrow and up 1 pounds. But it will not log for some reason so will try again later.

pip--Thanks for sharing the pictures, sure looks like you are having fun.

Beth--I wanted one of those laser lights and they are all sold out everywhere in town and no one thinks they will get anymore before Christmas. A house down the street from us have them, I think they are so pretty.

Michele--We were told when our son was hit by a train, that you can not hear it when you are right in front of it. I don't understand that, but they said could of been why the boys didn't get out of the way in time.

Karen--I hope things turn out well for DH. SnL does sound like a troublemaker.

Heather--Sure hope your tooth gets better and doesn't cause problems while on your trip.

Well we are sure a busy group. Enjoy hearing about all the Christmas parties and outings. We are having our dept Christmas party tomorrow evening and I am not planning to go. I have the day off and just not in the mood to dress up just for an hour. Besides I do not need the food. Have a good day ladies and stay safe. We have rain and temps are dropping so will be snow soon.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes.

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks Annr; I really would like the entire story. Don't know what day you started on, or what page that would be. I've got a little 'ditty' about how the 12 days of Christmas came about; a Catholic story on how they could teach children about the story of Jesus Christ, when there was a time they were banned from doing so. IF I could figure out how to transfer it from my computer to this site, I'd do so. I have Windows 10. I'm doing good to get them copied from my cell phone to my laptop.

I get weighed in on Tuesday; just hope I have not gained weight; I haven't done well this last 2 weeks on eating or exercising. Maybe I will have only stayed stationary. HA! Got to do better for the next two weeks. Just ate an Olive Garden (to go) salad that my DDnL#1 brought me when she brought me some kitchen can liners. She does have a 'good heart' and I should remember that before I say anything negative about her ... maybe if my attitude changed, hers would. Guys are out of town and she does check in on me while they are gone.

I've been good about logging my food; but Friday we went to the Mexican Restaurant and I drank a Margarita. I don't know if it was what did not agree with me or the 'fish' tacos. I wanted to try something different; but, I am not sure that tilapia mixes well with other taco condiments.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,440 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    If you can find your pic give us a shout out! I apologize for the fuzzy video, I am not great with those!

Becca
    Oregon

I love all your Christmas decorations, Becca. You've got me on your tree! I am so pleased. I went into the roof space yesterday and took out my card tree and decorations. I need to tidy up the dining room before I bring them downstairs. I have been making cards. And writing cards ready to post tomorrow.

Miriam Congratulations!

Darn it! I just lost the rest of my post and am too tired to type it out again. I am up to page 24.

We were up in Belfast most of the day, Christmas Market at the City Hall and a celebration lunch at a Japanese Restaurant. DGD is 21 tomorrow. She is home from Cambridge for Christmas and the New Year.

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: Let your light shine out in the darkness :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

w81hz7cecq7u.jpeg
    :star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    tired now -

at home, exermom - when i do planks, i don't clasps my hands together, usually straight out.
    katla, it is in seattle, starts at westlake center and finishes there
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone:

Well the Christmas cantata has been done once at our church today, now we sing it again next Sunday at the Lutheran church. It is a combined effort of the two church choirs.

One of our neighbors came over with a flower and candle arrangement for the table that she made. It is lovely and I am sure glad I did not buy the one I looked at yesterday at the store. We are having lots of company and I was wanting a table centerpiece. She asked if she could come over and cut some greenery from our place. The answer is cut all you want. She particularly wanted holly and we have several large holly trees.

Miriam - So happy for you and the girls!!!

Katla - Hope you and DH get well really soon but glad you are staying positive.

Allison and Heather - Traveling mercies.

Kim - Good luck with that Christmas fair and your sales. Your stuff is beautiful and I know you will do well.

I have two Christmas parties this week, one on Monday and one on Wednesday. The choir party on Wednesday is Swedish themed. Should be fun and I am responsible for a salad for each so can do a low-calorie option for both. Just need to stay away from the desserts!

Everyone take care and have a lovely holiday season but take some time to relax too. Sue in rainy WA
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi gals!
    We got on the tram in the second pic, which is multi coloured and blingy :) We went to the end of the line which translates as Golden Pond! ! There really was a huge pond, but we didn't find any gold. :laugh: ,then turned back and got off at a little village that looked like something straight out of the French countryside. We wandered about in the middle of the afternoon while everything was still closed for lunch (!) and came across a funny little Christmas market in the town square. A vendor gave me a sniff of his black truffles! He had a stall full of mushrooms.
    The town seemed to be full of hairdressers.
    So, having discovered where the middle classes live in the suburbs we got back on the tram and came back and bought a chicken from the market to roast as DH thought that would be easy to digest. Bought a cauliflower to roast with it. :D We both are feeling our colds quite a bit, but DH's tummy is holding up so far.

Tomorrow we are booked in for two walking tours - one in French :ohwell: of the very ancient school of medicine and a later one in English of the Jewish medieval baths and a Hotel Particulier. That doesn't mean a hotel, it is a big aristocratic town house, like a small chateau. Neither of these places is open without a guided tour. I will read up on the school beforehand so I can pick up a few words. Hope they don't speak too fast.

Carol/Peach - yes the trams do run on electricity. That square is just outside the main train station so it is a major interchange with all the trams crisscrossing each other. On a normal street there is just a wire.

Got to put the oven on!

Love Heather

Hi Gals
    Not a big post at the moment. Just wanted to pop in and post a few pics from my really good day at Worlds End Park in Hingham Ma. I have the glasses on and yes sorry I WAS braless in my heavy hoodie. Thought it wouldn't b obvious and was feeling rebellious. Sorry. TMI.
    Anyway the other woman is my best friend and SIL Becky. In the background you can just see the Boston skyline.
    Mindy
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Celebrating the last (8th) night of Hanukkah in our home. Love surrounding our menorah with my smowman collection, especially the ones that have candles. From our home to yours wishing all a happy and healthy holiday season!

Cheri NE Ohio

8xk8evnf30mh.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5X5 workout today.

Squats- 1X5x65/75/85/95/105/115, 5X5X120
    Sumo squats- 5X5X105
    BP- 1X5X65/70/75, 5X5X80
    BR- 5X5X85

I'm working on form with the squats as well as depth. My BP weight is a struggle for me. I don't have a spotter so am prepared mentally to do the roll of shame if needed. I haven't had the chance to practice it but will make it a priority this week. BR are very heavy working on pulling it to chest.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Couldn't figure it out on my new phone. Put them in drop box (ty Heather). Will try from my iPad later