Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,037 Member
    fancy, - pretty fun looking Christmas cookie party
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    Taking it easy today. So happy the DH is home from Louisiana. I started out in the mid-May on my diet; and last Tuesday I had lost 33.5lbs. That's just a little over 1/2th - way to my goal! WHO-RAH!!!!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Katla - found that I have been sort of folding my clothes the way you were; except for the extra last fold; and rather than packing the drawers front to back, I had been doing them bottom to top with a lot of space around them that I stuffed with underwear. Then I would mess up everything pulling them out from under them. I can't wait to go through my clothes and see how much extra space, if any, I have in my drawers. Looks like I can get more in them, doing it that way. :D
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :):)
  • csofled
    Taking it easy today. So happy the DH is home from Louisiana. I started out in the mid-May on my diet; and last Tuesday I had lost 33.5lbs. That's just a little over 1/2th - way to my goal! WHO-RAH!!!!!

Hurray!!! :) Wonderful news and you must feel so proud of yourself!

Cheri rainy NE Ohio
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Happy Monday and to the beginning of Christmas week. I was off Saturday and went to my Uncle's funeral. It was nice and got to see several cousins that I have not seen for a lot of years. My mom and sister were here Friday night and part of Saturday. We had a nice visit and I was able to give mom her coat and make sure it fit. So it was a good weekend. I did work 8-2 yesterday and that was not bad. After work yestereday went to Walgreens to have some pictures made. What I thought would only take about 20 minutes ended up taking over an hour and a half. The computer kept freezing up and locking me out. I will say the girl working that dept was very nice and helpful. So got it done until after Christmas. I told DH if we didn't have windows 10 I could of done this from home and just had to go pick them up.

DH went to the doctor on Friday and I felt so much better when the doctor told him he can see and feel it also. So they did blood work and he has an ultrasound this morning. The doctor did call Friday evening to tell us the primary blood work shows something viral so the rest of the blood work and stuff will tell us what to do next.
    Janetr--Sorry to hear it is shingles, but glad you got the stuff you need to take care of it. Happy to hear the doctor is going to take care of the manner in which you were treated.

Katla--I do hope you and DH are feeling better, I know that crud hanges on a long time. Sorry to hear about your furbaby and the candy. They are quick. Hope he has no problems.

Karen--Hope you are feelin better soon, and I agree don't worry about what is not done. Take care of yourself.

KMB--Welcome. First thing is remember to take it One Day at a Time. This is a lifestyle change and this is a great place for support and friendship.

Selena--Welcome back, we missed you.

Becca--Sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you were not hurt any worse.

Jane--HUGS!! Just enjoy the memories.

Allison--Talk to Tom that money is yours. My sister that was here does the coloring books and gave me one. It does help in the evening just before bed to color some.

Lisa--So sorry to hear about your sister's stepson. Extra hard this time of year. Sending prayers.

Betty--Beautiful tree and I do like the skirt. Thanks for sharing.

pip--Sending prayers and hugs for you and Kirby.

Joyce--You can ramble on anytime you want. That is what we are here for.

Heather--So glad you are feeling better.

Well DH stopped by after his ultrasound and now he can feel it. He said they took lots of pictures of that side and will have the results to the doctor in a couple days. So now I am worried again. But just taking it easy and praying so sorry if parts of this does not make sense. Have a good rest of the day and try to enjoy the
    Season and family.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Hi Ladies
    I keep waiting to feel better mentally to post, but I think I have to acknowledge that I am blue. Christmas season is hard for me. My mum died two years ago on the 13th, my dads bday is the 23rd and their anniversary is the 26th. The house is full of memories. Very good ones...and I can off and on focus on that but am struggling a bit.
    I had a very nice surprise last night. While my daughter who has emotional issues has been out of work she came close to letting her car insurance lapse. I had no money but charged it for fear that she would continue to drive without it. Her father, my ex, came by last night and gave me the money and a burger from Wendies to boot!
    Last year I ordered a small table top tree 4 footer but after two weeks it hadn't come and it was only a few days til Christmas...so I called the company and they sent another express...which came the same day as the originally ordered one two days before Xmas! Figures huh? So I called them and tried to return one and they didn't want it! So what does one do w two trees? Maybe I'll put up both? One in my daughters room? She might like that...she is having another hard day.
    As to outdoor lights...I can't find mine! I'm afraid they may have been packed in our garage loft..more of a belfry as yes we have a large bell in the cupola that can be rung by a button in the kitchen! That is how we were called home when we were kids. Or by the back door triangle.
    Okay that's the plan..finish decorating this tiny tree, set up and decorate Mellys room tree and send out a few cards.
    Weird thing last night, felt fine at work all day then came home kicked off my shoes and almost fell over w room spins! Had had about one thousand calories so I it wasn't that...too dizzy to cook..so I had baby bells a banana and ice water but it persisted! So I took my blood pressure and it was very very low for me! 100/60 w hr 60. Anyway it seems to have passed...any ideas?

Pip tx for letting me k about Winkle

Betty. Pretty tree!

Lisa so sad! Depression is so hard. Glad your feeling better.

Chris you're very inspiring to me!

Becca try for putting me on your tree. You have made me feel included.

Mary your party looks like fun! Maybe I could clean off the kitchen table...haven't done any baking for a couple of years but you've got me dreaming!

Sorry everyone that I am blue. You are all pulling me up. I read all the posts a couple of times a day and they help me a lot.

Mindy

PS my progress thing got reset somehow and only says I have lost about five pounds when I've posted weight logs since August and have lost 27! Any ideas on how I goofed up?

• erinden
    erinden Posts: 12 Member
    Y'all seem like a wonderfully supportive group of women. I'm 55 and finding it tough to lose weight. My daughter is getting married in August and I need to lose another 20 pounds - since December is almost over, I'm setting modest goals.
    1) Do not eat office goodies.
    2) Walk a minimum of 6000 steps daily
    3) Alternate Yoga and Pilates days with aerobics or weight days.
    4) Enter every bite I eat.

I hope everyone makes their December goals!
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Heather -
    Grits - IMHO one of the secrets of a happy marriage is two televisions. :D We have four. :laugh:

Heather x

LOL! I always say the secret to my happy marriage is not having to share a bathroom. I have a bathroom with a huge soaking tub. DH has a bathroom with a steam shower.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,037 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,585 Member
    edited December 2015
    Mary - your cookie decorating party looks like fun! Just don't eat any of them! :laugh:

DH 's sister rang twice today to try and sort out the mess of next week's visitors. :s We all feel my son is the priority. Trouble is, my DH very much wants to see his family. DSIL decided to talk to her daughter (who had the putative relationship with my son) and the daughter has graciously decided to bow out. <3 She isn't worried about seeing him, but she feels he might be. Because he is so vulnerable he still may well cancel at the last minute, whether anyone is coming or not, (he often does), but I think we have done the best we can under the circumstances. DSIL is a counsellor, so she does have an understanding of the problem and in fact she offered to postpone it all together, but I know DH would be very upset. And he is vulnerable too. :'( Merry Christmas! Ain't it typical! :laugh:

So, I hope I will sleep tonight.

Love Heather UK
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Cheri - yeah, really proud of myself; I never thought it would come off and consistently coming off at a safe rate.

cityjaneLondon - I can usually read through any of DH's shows and football (especially if the book is interesting). I agree having 2 TV's can be a life saver. But, if I watch it while in bed, I fall asleep and then wake up because I don't have my C-pap on. It sort of gets in the way of watching TV unless I turn slightly to my right so that I can use my left eye to focus on it. Still go to sleep.

It's bad when family members cannot get along, especially during the holidays. My DDnL#1 pissed off my DDnL#2 about not returning a call/text to her as fast as DDnL#1 thought she should; then she called DYS who was totally blindsided by the call. I just amazed beyond belief that she would even call him. He told her that when they are at his place where he works, they do not get text messages. He called DOS and wanted to know 'what the hell was wrong with DDnL#1'? Long story short, supposedly they got it all straightened out; but, not before she turned on me. I did not even respond to her. DDnL#2 told her to NEVER send her that type of email/text to her again. She isn't going to take DDnL#1's bull$$*T. That's good and I won't talk to one behind the other one's back either. DDnL#2 was upset that she had been verbally attacked like this. I told her to not worry about it because it has gone on so long that most of us just ignore it. LOL!

miakoda40 - we have a bath and a half; MBR has a deep soaking tub; but, lately I have taken to taking showers because the tub is so deep and hard to get in and out of without running the risk of falling in or out. Even with a handle; I don't feel safe in it anymore, especially not to use it when I am "Home Alone". But, losing weight means that I 'can' get in it if I need or want to take a nice soak. It is deep but short; I would not have chosen it myself; but, I was sort of 'out-of-sorts' during the time we built the house because I was getting over a near-fatal head-on collision.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    Hi gals,

It is a damp rainy day in Ca YEAH!!! One of many so far this winter, our drought is so sever this will not fix it but we have had more rain this year (the rain year is july 1 to june 30) so far than we had in all of last year.

My embroidery for clients is done! Although I have a bunch to do for my friends and family.

Couple of things to comment on – Pictures/ Windows10 and Walgreens – there is a way to do that from home – go to snapfish.com and make a account, it’s free. Then put your pictures in an album on their site, pick what you want to print put them in the basket and then at the very end – when you are freaked out and sure you will have to put in a credit card there will be a tap for pick up in store – click that and walgreens will be there – you pick the walgreens you want to pick them up at and in an hour or so you can run over and get them.

Cookies - Ok mom and i make a boat load of cookies, it is a lot of work but fun, and I use them to give as gifts to neighbors, friends, the hair dresser, they are dessert for Christmas eve…..I have seen them eaten, so I think they are… Heather in your circle do you do gifty things for those folks that are not close friends or family, but have a special place in your life?

Tonight is book club Christmas party pot luck, and I am making a “pizza” the recipe is from Alice Waters’s Chez Panisse it is broccoli, roasted onion and olive – no sauce, it sounds good.

Someone – Michele? Was looking for suggestions for Christmas dinner…. What about a crockpot item, pot roast?

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won! Working on craft show crafts
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Heather -
    Grits - IMHO one of the secrets of a happy marriage is two televisions. :D We have four. :laugh:

Heather x

LOL! I always say the secret to my happy marriage is not having to share a bathroom. I have a bathroom with a huge soaking tub. DH has a bathroom with a steam shower.

I will add that the secret to my happy marriage is also not having to share a bathroom AND not having to share a bedroom. We have such very different sleeping styles that about 10 years ago we decided to stop walking around as sleep deprived zombies and set up our own sleeping quarters. Best decision we ever made. 32 years of marriage with many more to go!

Cheri in rainy, WARM, NE Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :) We have two TVs and headphones for each so it's possible to have someone watch TV while other things are going on in the same room. We have two bathrooms. We have two bedrooms and more often than not, sleep in separate rooms at night. When we take afternoon naps we sleep together in the king size bed with all the pets. We are each on our own for all meals except at midday and we plan that one ahead of time together with all our health and calorie issues kept in mind. We also have separate computers. Life doesn't get any better than this. :)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    I hate to say it, Barbie, but after being single for 22 years, I don't think I could manage living with someone even with all that separation! I am too used to my own space.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Becca - you made me laugh out loud. :)

Janetr

GOOD....my day is complete! There is not enough laughter in the world...just doing my civic duty :-)
    Becca (((hugs))))
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,811 Member
    Ok. I'm going to try this again. It's been a long day and I'm soon off to bed!

Sylvia... Did you notice anyone else in the pool the day you then saw the broken heater sign?

Becca ... You do know there are other ways to get attention right? I saw my pic btw in the tree!

Heather ... Cookie exchanges... We literally kill others with kindness! :lol:

Joyce ... I think the holidays move us to reminisce... We've been talking about family members who have passed on quite a bit the last few days.

Celebrated sons 18th birthday yesterday. Too much food around. Made myself get on the scale... Not pretty at all ...

Finished my shopping and half my wrapping today! Yay!

Grocery shopping tomorrow! Not having a lot of people, so keeping it low key. Definitely need to get back to my freezer cooking and preplanning ... It's the way I stay on track... Much needed right now!!

I've been married 31 years. There are times when I think I would like more separateness... But the truth is I like having him near me ... The day will come too soon when one of us will sadly be all alone.

Wow that was cheery ... Time for bed!!
    Beth

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    DJ: I agree with you that it is time to get well. Now if the headache will just go away . . . :ohwell:

Heather: Christmas Cookies are a tradition. People want to have lots of them around to serve to holiday guests, and too many wind up on the hips of the hostess. At a cookie swap everyone brings loads of their best cookies divided into packages. Then everyone goes home with a variety of cookies for their guests to enjoy. It is a social occasion and a time saver all at once. I haven't been to one since the kids were in grade school. :wink:

Grits: Congratulations on great progress!!! I have my ticker code saved at the bottom of the word document that I use to answer 90% of the time. It posts when I copy and paste in my reply. :flowerforyou:

Irish Terri: Thanks for your good wishes. DH and I hare feeling a bit better today and ran some errands. I'm tired now, though. :yawn: Your Christmas poem is wonderful. :heart:

Chris in MA: You are triumphant! Congratulations!!! :bigsmile:

wesseg: Nice to see you again. Congratulations on your successes. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I hope the physical therapy got off to a good start and you are able to work your way through the physical challenges caused by each of your accidents. Hugs. :flowerforyou:

Vicki: Thanks for your good wishes about the dog. He seems to have come through without damage! WAHOO!!! :bigsmile:

erinden: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

We went out to lunch today and bought one another Christmas gifts at Macy's. DH bought me some new tops & I bought him two new Calphalon frying pans. We are both pleased. He is washing his pans right now and tells me I get to wrap the empty box. :noway:

The ride home was exciting. A police car chase zipped past us on the highway and came to a stop just in front of us so we stopped far enough back to give them room. Multiple police cars showed up and the officers all got out of their cars. Each officer sheltered behind his car with guns drawn over the top. Eventually the driver was taken out of the car and was cuffed, and then the passenger. Both suspects were wearing dark glasses on a dark and gloomy day. DH thinks they were probably druggies and it seems likely to me. Meanwhile, traffic was backing up behind us in both lanes. When all was done, the officers drove their cars to the side of the road and we were all able to go on our way. Just another day in the Wild West. :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png