Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    :p
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2015
    All you girls talking about the Easy Crust less Spinach and Feta Pie made me get the spinach out to defrost. Tomorrow night - yeah!
    Hx x X

I love it. I can't imagine why I didn't think to make a couple when the kids are all here. I'm sure they too would have enjoyed it. Guess it will leave me something to surprise them with next time. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Obviously we are all hooked. :)

Janetr OKC

• janetr7476
    Vicki – Praying for you and your husband. I know it has to be very concerning for you both. (((Hugs)))

Katla – Your running description cracked me up. I run ONLY when I find a herd of turtles in a peanut butter pile :)

I share with my husband the cute kids pictures, beautiful scenery pics and good/sad/uplifting stories shared on here. I think he enjoys them also. He's not bothered at all with my time spent on here, but then Jack is a pretty laid back, easy going fella. Probably why he is able to put up with me :)

Love you ladies, Janetr
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,038 Member
    the app is called superphoto, it's free. their are different styles to choose from and the one I have been using is called "painting"
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,585 Member
    Vicki - sending you love and hugs as you go through this very worrying time. <3

Penny - DH did read your post. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    (((Penny))) What a terrible thing to have happened!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    terri - I don't really understand why I'm stressing just because Denise is coming. I don't do this when Jessica comes. Must be because Denise doesn't come here that often. I just want everything to have as much prepared beforehand so that I *CAN* enjoy them while they are here. I just had a cream cheese (yes, it was the greek yogurt and cream cheese) sandwich. Something I very seldom have. Well, I was reading in *Shape* magazine that overeating only becomes a problem when it goes on for weeks and weeks. I know myself well enough to know that I won't do that. I've had streeful times before, stress eaten, and then it's over. By the time next Tuesday gets here, I expect I'll be back to normal eating.

Oh, the gal who had the torn retina, remember I took her to the eye md in Charlotte a few times? Well, yesterday at mahjongg I asked her if the person who I bought the tights from for my elf costume is usually at the kiosk because I really should have gotten the medium, I probably got the small size. She needs to get a new contact (don't completely understand this) but she asked what I was doing tomorrow. I'll be busy preparing the fish, etc. So she said that the next time she could make an appt would be the 29th which works for me. Not sure if she wants to drive or if she wants me to. I bet she'll want me to since if I drive, that's less money she'll have to spend on gas. But it really isn't that big a deal to me.

Guess we need to leave in about 1/2 an hour for the airport.

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,977 Member
    Penny~ so very sad to hear about the avalanche and the people lost, my sincerest condolences...
    Katla~ I think I missed something that went on with you will have to go back and re-read what was said..
    Met my girlfriend at First Watch and had a nice lunch, she came back and took a quicl tour of the house and left then I went to the pool.
    we will be leaving a week from thursday to go back up north!! im so depressed .. wish I could stay here.. but ya gotta do what ya gotta do..back to reality....
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    we will be leaving a week from thursday to go back up north!! im so depressed .. wish I could stay here.. but ya gotta do what ya gotta do..back to reality....

You still have a whole week to enjoy! Have a great time!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Penny - So sad to learn of the avalanche and the aftermath. My condolences.

Mia in MI
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Hi Everyone, just checking in. Bacca I have just seen your photo. You look stunning.

The photo of the dogs is lovely, they are certainly well-cared for and loved.

The children's photos are really cute.

Some sad news on here, the avalanche. My heart goes out to everyone.

Hope everyone is ok. Speak soon.
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day -

shoulder exercise machine- 7.50min each direction, lvl 1, 1.5mi = 41c
    rowing machine- 10min, 54aw, 1623meters = 54c
    other- min, 7 different stretch exercises - 3 sets of 10 each, mhr90 = 35c

it kills me to put this in... so measly!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,811 Member
    Pip ... Better than nothing!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,968 Member
    Grits, when I have an organizing frenzy with clothes, it is mine and mine alone. I don't touch DH's side of the closet or his drawers. He is pretty organized anyway, so they aren't bad, but do look different from mine. The one thing that is messy is the top of his dresser. It drives my crazy, but he doesn't see the mess because it's all stuff that he uses. Maybe one day...

As for the household stuff, he lets me have my way. As long as he can still find what he needs, he's good.

The one thing I've done with all this organizing is that there are no clothes in tubs. I have a few seasonal things and my dressy, formal things in the guest room closet, and my "wardrobe of shame" that holds my clothes that are too small, but everything is hanging, folded or otherwise accessible. I have three huge, storage tubs and four smaller ones - empty! They may come in handy when I finally tackle the attic, if for no other reason than to sort before dumping or donating.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    DOGD & DYGD came down tonight to bring a toy dog that barks, sits down, and walks. Cracker went 'nuts' over it. We laughed so hard. Of course Cracker got very hyper; told her to get in bed and stay; she's sneak and stretch about 1/2 way out and then DH would tell her to get back in; both times, she hid her face in the corner. Funny! DGD's dogs had followed them down; and she heard them and went absolutely nutso again ... whining, barking, and generally just talking back to me. Just like a child. When I told her they were 'gone' she barked at me as if I was lying to her. So bad! Now she is asleep up next to DH's chair. Worn out from all the playing.

We'll have our Traditional Oyster Stew tomorrow night because DOGD is leaving Christmas Eve Day to go to TN to visit with her sister and boyfriend's family. That will probably make her step-mother mad because they are going to her Mother's house Christmas Eve night. She's also gotten her feathers in a ruffle because of how much DOGD spent on her boyfriend for Christmas. One day DOGD will learn not to tell her everything, it only makes her *kitten* more. She's coming down next week to work off the $$$ she borrowed from DH to pay a loan to buy her stepmother a Christmas present.

DDnL#1 called to ask what I wanted for Christmas and I told her that they did not have to give me anything (they are tight on extra money); but, she insisted that I give her a few ideas. So I told her if they were not expensive maybe a pedicure. Haven't had one in a year and my poor feet show it. I guess we'll see what she comes up with.

My DDnL#2 had some of their wedding photos made into a book (hardback) cover for me. I love it! Totally so unexpected. She called about 10 minutes after they got home and told me to open the present while she was on the phone. I almost cried; and, what she had written in the back just did it for me. So sweet; saying that DYS has been the 'perfect man' she had been praying for to marry. Even 'if' we told her that he wasn't 'perfect'; he is for her; and she is for him. True love is sweet love. But, seeing those pictures sure made me 'see' what I looked like at my heaviest. Did not start on my diet until after the wedding. Now I know why DYS had such praise for me. I still don't want to take a picture as comparison yet. I'm only a little over 1/2 way to my goal weight.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,124 Member
    :) I got my mammogram yesterday morning at 9:30 and this morning I got an email that the results had been posted on an online "My Chart" that my doctor's office uses. The mammogram was normal so now I don't have to think about it until the results come in the mail.

:) This is day four of the "week of no exercise" and I got the last of the knitted hats for my great grandkids finished and mailed. They weren't meant as Christmas presents so it's OK that they won't get there until Saturday. I got my hair cut and went with Jake to the grocery store at 7 AM while the roads, sidewalks, and parking lots were still covered with black ice. At 10:00 we went to Costco.

:'(<3Penny, I am sending hugs to you and your whole community at this time of sadness.

:'(MIchele, I'm sorry that preparing for a visit from your daughter is so stressful.

:)Allison, I hope you can stay in the moment and enjoy every good thing that you do before you have to head north again.

:)Becca, your before and after photos show an amazing change.

:) My husband enjoys all the stories I share about all of you. He doesn't mind my time on the computer because he spends so much time on his. Right now he is researching new vehicles hoping to convince me that it's time to buy a new car.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
  • pipcd34
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip ... Better than nothing!

i may as well had nothing
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2015
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    stats for the day -

shoulder exercise machine- 7.50min each direction, lvl 1, 1.5mi = 41c
    rowing machine- 10min, 54aw, 1623meters = 54c
    other- min, 7 different stretch exercises - 3 sets of 10 each, mhr90 = 35c

it kills me to put this in... so measly!

We'd all think your measly was GREAT!!!! Way to go girl. Missing you.

Janetr
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Penny so sorry for your local tragedy..thoughts are with your town!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    MFP Advent Calendar
    Dec 22nd~ And so we put the shining star upon the Christmas tree, to show God's promise to the world, and his love or you and me.