Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Becca - I just recently bought a 'new' car; which was a Honda Accord. Love it; has a back-up mirror which has taken some getting use to; and a right turn signal camera and love it. Just wish they had thought to make the left signal with the same feature. I love, love, love my car (and 'yes' it is American made).

Jnkmomm - I need to get into our closet and measure everything; DH will probably have to take out the floorjams (or whatever that piece of wood that goes around the floor is called to get accurate measurements. I'd like to have more drawer space; and then I could hang just my really nice tops. We still have not decided on what to get one another for our yearly present. We usually buy something we both want and that is our gift to one another for the entire year. DOS & DDnL#1 wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas; I told them they did not have to get me one (they don't need to spend the money) and when they pressed I said a 'pedicure' if it wasn't too much. Their phone got cut off today because of non-payment of the bill. That is something that they could do to save money, I guess. Don't know how that would affect their Internet abilities. Not my problem

Annr - I laughed so hard about your husband's comment about you missing out on oral s@x.

Now to try to contact HP AGAIN about my keyboard on my laptop locking up. I want them to 'fix' it or replace the entire laptop (or refund my money).

Lenora
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Becca - I love that your husband can make a raunchy joke about your poor eye and that you are able to laugh both at his joke and at the situation that caused it. I say that being able to laugh at our all too human foibles adds spice to life.

Mia in MI
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Vicki - I am so happy for your DH and you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • miakoda40
    Mary from Minnesota - What an adorable pup! Your DH looks quite smitten.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,977 Member
    edited December 2015
    just back from the pool~ it was lovely just a few friends and then the parents and grandparents with the little ones started showing up..
    I am soaking it all up every last drop...
    Vicki~ yes everything is owned jointly..and he knows if we split what will happen so, even though he doesnt love me,he wants to keep me around so I dont take him to the bank... we have been married almost 19 yrs, own 2 homes, have investments ,401k and in Connecticut I would be entitled to 1/2 and if I ask for alimony would probably get that too. So you see he is stuck between a rock and a hard place..he is only a couple of years from retirement and if we divorce he wont have money to do what he wants.. His decision.. He is the one who brought this all on..
    he was down here last month and I got a zip drive and copied all our financial information on it, and have it stored in a safe with my DB and DSIL,,,
    Becca~ you certainly are a hoot.. glad you can laugh along with those crazy guys..
    going to make dinner in a bit and then they will have the golf cart parade tonight so will watch that..
    Mary~ adorable puppy what is his or her name?
  • miakoda40
    Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE - Sorry that your DH is under the weather and delighted that it is not too serious. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Mia - my DH said he's happy he made me happy!

Allison - his name is Shep after his first dog.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,038 Member
    fancy - love your new poocher! awwwwww puppy breath!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,124 Member
    t68044.gifThis is day five of my "week of no exercise". Today I went to my line dance class because it's where many of my friends are and the teacher was going to teach a new dance and I wanted to be able to hear the instructions even if I couldn't dance. I was very disciplined and even though I moved my feet a bit during many of the dances, I didn't get up and dance any of them. Jake is being a darling about walking the dogs. I have been very careful to keep my calories around 1400 so I don't put on any weight.

t68068.gifMary, your new family member is adorable...I hope you have many happy years together.

t68082.gifAllison, I hope you'll do some serious writing to process whether you'd be better off with or without Tom. Writing about a decision often makes it easier for me to see the truth.

t68110.gifJoyce, how different we all are....if my husband asked me to decide what gift I wanted from him, it would probably be hiring someone to detail my car or clean my house....it would never be any sort of "thing". Charlie should get you something that is your heart's desire after all you've done for him.

t68106.gif ]Becca, a friend of mine had a similar experience.....when she had a huge bruise and someone asked how it happened, her husband said. "I told her that we should never do it on the top bunk." Your husband's story was a little more risqué.

t68091.gifVicki, What great news about your husband's diagnosis...that time and rest will help him recover.

t68048.gifHeather, will your husband be willing to share the Christmas quiz after the holiday?

t68080.gifKatla, I sent you a message with my address. I'm looking forward to trying a new knitting project.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Working hard again today . . . oo3xot3ndcmy.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    t113002.gif Terri, It looks like a lot of fun where you work
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Mary...congrats on the new puppy! You definitely have to get an exercise tracker now because you'll be logging in all those steps walking Shep.
    Vickie...so happy to hear your husband's illness is not serious. What a wonderful present for you both.
    Allison...take him to the cleaners!! He should pay for treating you so badly. You deserve much, much better.

Gotta go,
    Chris in MA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,811 Member
    Vicki ... So glad your husband will be ok.

Mary ... Cute puppy!

Alison ... I'm with Lisa ... Pack things up.

Joyce ... Buy yourself what you want. I can't type what I thought about a "trinket."

I would like to find a painting for over my couch. I know exactly what I want ... Just have to find it. My husband shows me photos on his phone today of canvases you can buy at Target or Walmart. "These are the colors you like," he asks? They absolutely were not. I looked him straight in the eye and told him to take it back. He insists he didn't actually buy it. I know better. Don't get me wrong.., I'm thrilled he's shopping outside of his "gift idea" box, but I've waited 20 years looking for the right painting. He's not picking it because he thinks we need to finish things up.

Taking it easy tonight. A little baking and some food assembly.

Beth

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Yeah, HP was able to remotely fix my laptop. Now it is working better. Was sticking and it was so irritating.

Raining like a scalded dog; and Cracker won't go out in it. Not that I blame her. But, she cries every time louis leaves the house. Then comes in her and wants to be let out. So I do it. He says she just watches him.

I think that HP knew I was upset with laptop. I've already sent it back once for same problem; and called them 7 times. Told him I wanted it 'fixed', 'replaced', or 'they could send my money back'. I bought an HP because I swore I'd never buy another DELL - always had problems with laptop until it finally died. What a real pain in the fanny!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    drkatiebug - Vince's cubby on his side of the bed is messy. I know that they say that a messy desk is a sign of an organized mind. However, he misses out on so many things that he has coupons for or ads that he needs to see that expire. That frustrates me, he could be saving so much money sometimes

Picked Denise up at the airport. She's uncommunicative as usual.

Did 45 minutes of Beachbody Brazil Butt Lift DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Jillian Michael Body Shred DVD.

A while ago Denise called to say that the airline changed her flight from 1 to about 3 at the same airport. Then, a few days ago she called to say that the airline changed her flight from 3 to 1 at a different airport. I'm just having a hard time believing that the airline changed airports. Admitted, now the airport is closer to our house. However, how does the airline know if the passenger is going north of that airport? They might have to rent a car. Rori -- does this happen? I have a feeling that either Denise or Pete's mother is paying for the earlier trip. I doubt Denise is since she booked her flight early in order to get a better price. I suspect Pete's mother is paying so that Denise comes home earlier and they can go to Pete's grandmother's.

DJ - I guess the times I stress eat is when Denise comes because I love her so much and I so rarely see her (well, at least I do get to see her unlike Bryan, so of that I should be grateful) or when I'm stressing over a gathering at our house and I want to be sure everything is in perfect order.

Joyce - thank you so much for your kind sentiments about christmas. I suspect this Christmas is going to be like the past ones with Denise uncommunicative, doing just what she barely needs to do and then only being happy when she's leaving. How I could cry!!!!! (like I'm doing now)

Katla - how I had wished that I thought to make jessica a dishrag or something like that. She asked for a Dutch oven, which we gave her. A distowel or something would have been neat to go with it. Well, I did embroider dishtowels for each of the kids. Only Vince wrapped them in a separate box. I would have put Denise's with the microwave oven cover that I'm giving her and then Jessica's with her pot.

Penny - well, the stress eating for today has begun. I did go to Krispy Kreme only because Denise asked last night if I could get some. And I had coupons for free donuts so, of course, I got them and ate them. But on the bright side -- I did have some oatmeal first. Maybe it would be a good thing for Vince to see me crying when he gets up. He'll probably ask me why I'm crying and I'll tell him that I really don't think the airline would change airports. They might change flights, that's not unusual, especially with the US Air merger. But not airports. First the ring, now this. My heart still aches for your whole town. That tree surely was a good thing

Vince just got up and I told him how I felt. He agreed that the airline most likely wouldn't change *airports* and that Pete's mother is controlling everything, that neither Pete nor Denise have the strength to stand up to her. Her marriage is going to be between Denise, Pete, and his mother. Not between Denise and Pete. With his mother controlling the whole thing.

Vince talked to Denise and she did lie to us. For a while there she was lying all the time. Then she started getting honest, now she's back to lying. Seems that she did change her flight so that she could get home earlier. I think she's being on the defensive and Pete's mother is paying, but Denise will never admit to that. I know I said this last year, but I am so sick of doing all this work and not being appreciated. Oh, Jessica does help me. But that's IT.

Bryan sent me an email. Interestingly, he didn't even spell my name right. Told me (this I don't totally understand) how he always felt like he was being supposed to act like a little boy, how I don't treat him like the adult he is. There were just so many things in this letter that did not make any sense at all. He talked about how he was going to a therapist (I'm sure that's the person who had him write this). How I want him to live near me (I never said that, as a matter of fact, I think it's totally wrong for a child to live close to their parents, they need to move and be independent. It's OK for them to live a few cities away, but they still need their own space). The basic jist was that because I told him that he'll always be my little boy, now he's psychologically scarred. I honestly don't have time to deal with this right now so I'm just going to put it on the back burner until after the holidays.

In the past Denise would go into the bedroom downstairs and just hole up there. She promised us that if we let her sleep downstairs this year, she'd come and be with us. Well, so far today she "slept" until 1, wrapped her presents (when I asked what she was looking for, maybe I could help, I didn't even get any response), went back downstairs at 1:30. I think maybe I'll ask at the church if they know of someone who would appreciate coming for a Christmas Eve dinner. I don't want it to just be Vince, me, Jess and her bf of the moment. Kim - how much I wish you were closer!

Prepared the fish for tomorrow, made the biscuits, right now I'm going to try something different. I'm cooking the fish today then tomorrow I'll just warm it up. Hopefully, the fish doesn't dry out.

Terri - there are so many times when I buy something for myself then give it to Vince to give to me. At least I know that it's something that I like and fits. That was a very nice thing that you did for that man

Vince just said that when Denise starts talking about how much we're going to pay for her wedding, he'll be sure to remind her of the lying.

I had invited Pete here for Christmas Eve. Originally, he wasn't going to come because he had to work. Well, as it turns out he didn't have to work. But he still didn't come here. Yet, he "said" that he couldn't wait to be part of our family. Guess I know where Denise's lying is coming from.

Rori - I can't seem to enjoy the family, I've been crying too much. Hopefully, when Jess gets here that can lighten it a bit for me.

Becca - thanks for telling me to click on the person's name. Your dh is a hoot, that's for sure

Mary - your family member is so so cute. Now...for the details....give!!! lol Update: OK...we got a name but we need more

Vicki - PHEW!!!! Thank the Good Lord

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2015
    Mary your new puppy is adorable!

DH is adjusting to his treatment. He was rarely sick before this so it is not easy for him.

:heart: Margaret
  • barbiecat
    :) Thank you, Heather and Gretchen Rubin for helping remember Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"...that has saved me from a truckload of stress at many times.

<3:) Barbie, who is headed out with hubby to look at new and used cars...
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Heather, I'm curious about the christmas quiz, i dont know about this tradition, what are the questions, are they trivia, math, current events, family history questions?

I am awaiting a bunch of health related tests, feel like i am on a hamster wheel bouncing from one lab to another. But all will be revealed in time and I put my faith in strong hands.

I am very fortunate that my daughter is spending the weekend with my dear sister and my DH and I are flying off to S.C.!!! Charleston for a romantic 3-day weekend. That is a great Christmas present to ourselves, very spontaneous for us and I am letting all else fall away and reconnect to this DH of mine going on 25 years, maybe it is time to take that honeymoon???

I will keep up reading all your wonderful posts and feel very grateful that I stumbled onto this forum, what a motivator you all have been to me.

Karen from NY

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: I'm sure you are safe from my germs but there are probably plenty colse by for you to avoid. :wink: good wishes to your son onhis new job. I hope it is a good fit for his interests and lifestyle. I'm sorry to hear your ex is facing cancer treatment. :flowerforyou:

Rori: Star Wars is playing at our local theater and I plan to go. We just haven't picked a day and time. :smiley:

Betty: I agree with you. While there is life, there is hope. :flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: congratulations on the lost pounds! :bigsmile:

Becca: You are a good sport. Your DH is lucky you dind't rip off his arm and beat him with it. :laugh:

Fancy: What a cute puppy! We need details! :heart:

Vicki: Than goodness your DH doesn't have a tumor. That is a fabulous Christmas gift. :heart:

Barbie: The Ducky directions are in the mail! :flowerforyou: Enjoy shopping for a new oar. :smiley:

Terri: I agree with Barbie. You seem to work in a fun place. :wink:

Michele: I'm sorry for the situation with Bryan. I hope the therapist turns out to be helpful. :heart:

Time to get busy. See you later.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,038 Member