Options
14567810»

Replies

• Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @GaleHawkins
    "I think I have a mental block to butter because as a kid I milked the cows by hand and my mom churned the butter."

I think that's adorable!

• Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    So you're saying for example:
    If my daily calorie goal is 1300, and I eat 60g of Carbs, 80g Fat and 50g protein, and my calories say '1100' I'll still lose weight even with such high carbs?

Yes, sustained weight loss and gain is entirely dependent on calories in vs calories out.
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    So you're saying for example:
    If my daily calorie goal is 1300, and I eat 60g of Carbs, 80g Fat and 50g protein, and my calories say '1100' I'll still lose weight even with such high carbs?

Yes, sustained weight loss and gain is entirely dependent on calories in vs calories out.

Yes, that's what everyone is saying. This is about calories in and calories out, it doesn't matter what the macro's are...

yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.

• klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...I love butter and can eat it straight off the stick but I do restrain myself, especially sweet fresh made butter. It's good for the brain too. :)! How about adding nuts to the mix too. They have a good bit of calories and are filling with protein, etc.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Why don't you salt an egg that sounds disgusting
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Brazil nuts? They would give you a boost of nutrients as well as calories and they are low carb.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    On MFP I put in a goal of 0.5lbs a week. I currently weight 125.5 and I'm 5'2. My goal is 100lbs (Even though I keep rethinking that) so maybe 110. Depends how I feel/what I look like.
    I totally do get that it may take more than a few days to see results. So I'm willing to give it a chance. Though, tbh...I was happy once I started back on the low carb because I was losing 0.5lbs a day(but its only been 4days) So that's 2lbs. From what you're all telling me it's just water weight.
    What I think I'm going to do for now is stay on the low carbs til I hit about 120, or 117. I need to give myself a challenge.
    Plus, what I forgot to mention was....when I do low carbs. It's not just about the weight, I'm trying to stop my obsessive binge eating. By doing low carbs, I'm teaching myself a lesson that some of you may not understand, or may think could be done another way. But it's about what works personally for me, right? Right.

You do not need a low carb diet and you probably do not eat to lose weight either. But you do need a therapist.
    I am NOT saying that people who eat low carb are in need of counselling. But people who believe they "need to teach themselves a lesson" through forcing themselves to eat a very low calorie diet, with food choices that make them sick, they definitely do need professional help though. Self-punishing behaviour is like a huge red neon sign that you need help. You do not need to punish yourself for binge eating, you do not need to limit your carbs to 15, you do not need to force yourseld to eat plain butter in a 4 hour window. These things might work for individuals in very different circumstances than you, but in your case, this only sums up to a very unhealthy approach to eating and a very unhealthy relationship to your own body. Talk to a therapist, it will help long run more than any crazy diet..
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    On MFP I put in a goal of 0.5lbs a week. I currently weight 125.5 and I'm 5'2. My goal is 100lbs (Even though I keep rethinking that) so maybe 110. Depends how I feel/what I look like.
    I totally do get that it may take more than a few days to see results. So I'm willing to give it a chance. Though, tbh...I was happy once I started back on the low carb because I was losing 0.5lbs a day(but its only been 4days) So that's 2lbs. From what you're all telling me it's just water weight.
    What I think I'm going to do for now is stay on the low carbs til I hit about 120, or 117. I need to give myself a challenge.
    Plus, what I forgot to mention was....when I do low carbs. It's not just about the weight, I'm trying to stop my obsessive binge eating. By doing low carbs, I'm teaching myself a lesson that some of you may not understand, or may think could be done another way. But it's about what works personally for me, right? Right.

You do not need a low carb diet and you probably do not eat to lose weight either. But you do need a therapist.
    I am NOT saying that people who eat low carb are in need of counselling. But people who believe they "need to teach themselves a lesson" through forcing themselves to eat a very low calorie diet, with food choices that make them sick, they definitely do need professional help though. Self-punishing behaviour is like a huge red neon sign that you need help. You do not need to punish yourself for binge eating, you do not need to limit your carbs to 15, you do not need to force yourseld to eat plain butter in a 4 hour window. These things might work for individuals in very different circumstances than you, but in your case, this only sums up to a very unhealthy approach to eating and a very unhealthy relationship to your own body. Talk to a therapist, it will help long run more than any crazy diet..

I'm not interpreting that post as OP trying to punish herself (though in my opinion she is). It reads to me as though she's proving to herself that she can stick to rather extreme limits - "[giving] herself a challenge".

I do think she should talk to therapist (or recovered binge eaters) about recommended ways to go about addressing binge eating. I don't think she is in the right head space for self treatment - it sounds to be as though she is swinging like a pendulum from one extreme to the other.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options

yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    yes.

"I'll have what she's having" :):o>:)o:)
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    tumblr_m3ksgopjMw1rvn6njo1_400.gif

LOL. +1
    I don't get it