What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fake meats, these are just awful.
    sub-page-strips.png

And, no, they're not actually paleo or primal.

Jeez, I had managed to forget those. Oh, yuck - funky-flavored recycled rubber. Just no, No, NO! Thanks for reminding me (she said grumpily).
  • disneyprincess22
    disneyprincess22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made a 49 calorie pumpkin bar recipe from Pinterest. Never. Again. Called for a lot of expensive ingredients too that I never used again
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Walden farms zero Calorie chocolate peanut spread.
    I couldn't swallow the stuff. I think if mixed with other things it could be.... Bearable.... But don't do it.... Don't do it
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Terri2874 wrote: »
    I don't like Protein powders or bars at all....:-/ they have a weird minerally aftertaste that stays with you for hours.
    I'd rather eat real food lol

This. I've made the mistake of replacing lunch with those. Couldn't pay attention in class due to this weird mixed feeling of hunger and nausea. Smh
  • dcp1911
    dcp1911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried to eat the nut in the center of an Avocado once, very bitter. Other than that I mixed sardines and peanut butter on a wrap. It was a little tough to get down.
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Uber bars by larabar are way too crunchy of a texture for me. I prefer their alt bars if I am trying to get in extra protein.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fake meats, these are just awful.
    sub-page-strips.png

And, no, they're not actually paleo or primal.

Exactly! WTH???
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    It had nothing to do with trying to lose weight but I did eat it while on my current weight loss effort. Lutefisk. No wonder the Norwegians left their home to come to America...they were trying to get away from that awful stuff!

Lmao, I didn't even know what this was until today when my coworker was telling me they gag on eat this every Christmas. Sounds truly awful.

Mine are:
    Shakeology - all flavors
    Shirataki noodles (can't get past the texture)
    Chocolate mint Clif Builder - someone said it tasted like Girl Scout Thin Mints, um no.
    Cookie Dough and Extreme Milk Chocolate powders by Optimum Nutrition - the cookie dough smells like celery every time I open it.

What's wrong with extreme milk chocolate ?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I tried some kind of a fermented duck egg sold at a Chinese type store it was black and really nasty tasting I spit it out and threw out the rest. I thought it was something healthy tho probably not.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Waldon Farms 'peanut' spread/butter...

It is just SO wrong and does not taste like it should be sold as food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I tried some kind of a fermented duck egg sold at a Chinese type store it was black and really nasty tasting I spit it out and threw out the rest. I thought it was something healthy tho probably not.

Was it a century egg?

Or a "tea egg"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_egg
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    brown rice protein powder. It's like drinking sand.
  • mincepie007
    mincepie007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt that expensive Ch...... Brand. Got a whole carton of it at Costco after trying the first 1 and throwing it away, I let them all go bad. Should have found someone who liked that crap.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Shirataki noodles.
    Yep.
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Never again.

yes! My ex tried to get me to eat oatmeal by saying it was healthy and it tasted like oatmeal cookies and he was wrong! It tasted like regurgitated slop!
  • kmayers143
    kmayers143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I just cannot do it.