What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I tried some kind of a fermented duck egg sold at a Chinese type store it was black and really nasty tasting I spit it out and threw out the rest. I thought it was something healthy tho probably not.

Was it a century egg?

Or a "tea egg"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_egg

Sounds more like "century egg", though I've only heard it called 1000-year old egg. And its delicious! Though I don't think its very healthy. Also, produced chemically not fermented.

Grossest healthy thing I've had is natto (fermented soybean). How can a food so accurately imitate the texture of snot???
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Clif Organic Energy Food in the Pizza Margherita flavor. I was 30 miles into a 60 mile ride, discovered that was all that was in my pack, broke it open and ate half. Literally could not finish it and threw it out. I was famished by the time I got back, but that was better than eating another teaspoon of that cr*p.

I can't tell you what the worst part of it was. I was expecting rather a cold pizza flavor. Instead I got a starchy tomato taste, thickened with lumpy quinoa. I'm getting awful flashbacks just thinking about it.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Tinned asparagus, slimy fat yukky worms. I love fresh asparagus but the tinned stuff ewwww

I completely agree. And it's more expensive than the fresh stuff out of season.

I had someone recommend those microwave protein/egg cake in a cup things. The taste....texture ....so vile. I couldn't even chew it I was gagging so much. Protein powder is absolutely disgusting when it's cooked.

I also bought a (different ) store brand low fat (only option other than non fat) blueberry yogurt the other day. One spoonful had me questioning ingredients because it was so sweet it didn't taste like yogurt at all. 180 calories (that's what I get for not reading a label) and 3 types of sugar. ...hfcs, regular corn syrup, and more sugar. It was off the charts sickening sweet and just a tiny tub of yogurt. I handed it off to someone else to eat after that one small taste lol. I'll stick with my full fat less calories per volume less sweet Noosa.
  • tiggeril
    tiggeril Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% over quinoa. I can't take the texture of it, and the way it looks oogs me out.

I also couldn't get into Trader Joe's roasted seaweed- it tasted way too fishy for me, and I like fish!
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This sample of organic chocolate protein powder from gnc. So gross. Next to that was kale. Cant stand kale