What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Options

Replies

• michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    plant protein powder. for the love of all things holy DO NOT BUY IT!
  • TheHousevt
    TheHousevt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Macca powder. The worst.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,609 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my stepdad used to love to try and force me to eat liver and lima beans. He would make me sit for hours at the table until he thought I would give up and eat it. I would wait him out and when everyone finally went to bed including him, I would dump it in the trash, cover it with other trash and go to bed. Alternate ways of not eating food that he would try to force me to eat were hiding it in a glass of milk or feeding it to the dog begging under the table. I got really good at fooling him. To this day I detest both liver and lima beans.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I've tried black bean brownies twice now. First was a little better than the second, since I tried using 2 parts stevia and one part sugar. I'm not used to stevia so the taste was a bit overpowering. Either way, brownies for dinner? Yes, please! I made 1/4 the recipe for a bit under 400 calories, ~12g protein

Thanks, @Sabine_Stroehm !
    Cheers!
    Will you try them again?
    I like melting a little peanut butter on them at the end. :smile:

Heck yeah! I also like the chocolatey chips for a small snack. Yeah I bought the knockoff. My budget for new ingredients excluding the canned black beans was a dollar. Psst Chocolatey chips was $1.59 so I settled for that

Glad you like them! I was doubtful going in but really do love them. I'm a big soy eater so I also make them with black soy beans. Higher in fiber and protein.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my stepdad used to love to try and force me to eat liver and lima beans. He would make me sit for hours at the table until he thought I would give up and eat it. I would wait him out and when everyone finally went to bed including him, I would dump it in the trash, cover it with other trash and go to bed. Alternate ways of not eating food that he would try to force me to eat were hiding it in a glass of milk or feeding it to the dog begging under the table. I got really good at fooling him. To this day I detest both liver and lima beans.

Hahaha, when I was a kid I would sit at the table forever as well. My favorite hiding spot was placing it in paper towels and sitting on it, then when everyone went upstairs, I would throw it in the trash...lol
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Celery. Tastes like well water with a slight crunch.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Tinned asparagus, slimy fat yukky worms. I love fresh asparagus but the tinned stuff ewwww
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter Quest bars, although I like other flavors.

Birthday cake Combat Crunch bars.

I couldn't finish the whole bar. So nasty.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I have wasted soooo much money on protein powders & they are all disgusting. And Greek yogurt. I just hate it. I don't understand the whole Greek yogurt craze.

Oh goodness, I would have nothing good to eat if I didn't eat Greek yogurt! lol

But low fat cheese? I would rather eat car tires....
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    It had nothing to do with trying to lose weight but I did eat it while on my current weight loss effort. Lutefisk. No wonder the Norwegians left their home to come to America...they were trying to get away from that awful stuff!

Lmao, I didn't even know what this was until today when my coworker was telling me they gag on eat this every Christmas. Sounds truly awful.

Mine are:
    Shakeology - all flavors
    Shirataki noodles (can't get past the texture)
    Chocolate mint Clif Builder - someone said it tasted like Girl Scout Thin Mints, um no.
    Cookie Dough and Extreme Milk Chocolate powders by Optimum Nutrition - the cookie dough smells like celery every time I open it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Going to add that light and fit Greek salted caramel mousse here. It was so nasty!
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel bread. Eee gaad. Also agree with those who said Kale, and also collard greens for me too (depends on how the Kale and Collard Greens were made though, or if I make too much). Celery without Peanut butter and raisins.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    There for a while black bean *brownies* were all the rage on MFP. I'll admit never having the balls to try it myself.

Same here. I love anko-flavored desserts, but black bean brownies? I might as well make meatloaf brownies.

Have you had em?

Nope, but I suppose I could try...

They don't taste like meatloaf brownies. They taste like chocolate. Because they are.
    It simply uses beans instead of wheat.

Yup. I'm in the liking black bean brownies camp.

Then again, I have celiac disease. The idea of using other starches to replace wheat in brownies is not far-fetched. Garbanzo bean flour is quite often used in gluten free baking.

Brownies are amenable to conversion to being gluten free because they have so many eggs plus the cocoa powder and sugar in comparison to the amount of flour in the recipe.

Black bean brownies weren't really all that different than any other gluten free brownie I've ever made.
  • foreverslim1111
    Options

Hahaha, when I was a kid I would sit at the table forever as well. My favorite hiding spot was placing it in paper towels and sitting on it, then when everyone went upstairs, I would throw it in the trash...lol

LOL - glad to hear I wasn't the only kid that learned to deal with that kind of nastiness. Quite creative of you - sitting on it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    There for a while black bean *brownies* were all the rage on MFP. I'll admit never having the balls to try it myself.

Same here. I love anko-flavored desserts, but black bean brownies? I might as well make meatloaf brownies.

Have you had em?

Nope, but I suppose I could try...

They don't taste like meatloaf brownies. They taste like chocolate. Because they are.
    It simply uses beans instead of wheat.

Yup. I'm in the liking black bean brownies camp.

Then again, I have celiac disease. The idea of using other starches to replace wheat in brownies is not far-fetched. Garbanzo bean flour is quite often used in gluten free baking.

Brownies are amenable to conversion to being gluten free because they have so many eggs plus the cocoa powder and sugar in comparison to the amount of flour in the recipe.

Black bean brownies weren't really all that different than any other gluten free brownie I've ever made.

I keep wanting to try some. I think the key is to really blend it well and make sure the beans are rinsed properly.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

My mother made me eat liver and Brussels sprouts and did the same thing with me. I learned quickly how to cut everything up in small pieces and swallow them like a pill with milk.
  • foreverslim1111
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

My mother made me eat liver and Brussels sprouts and did the same thing with me. I learned quickly how to cut everything up in small pieces and swallow them like a pill with milk.

LOL - good for you! Another good solution!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Tinned asparagus, slimy fat yukky worms. I love fresh asparagus but the tinned stuff ewwww

The idea of canned asparagus sounds as horrible as you describe it.

Seriously so bad, it took me another 20 years to try the fresh stuff, not even the neighbours dog would touch it!!!