123457»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Hey, new people on the forums!!
    Go read page one!! Detoxes are scams!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
    Science shows the body detoxes on its own!
    Extra! Extra!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread has everything! I especially enjoyed page 4. Well done, everyone!

How did I not see this before today? I'm really slipping.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread has everything! I especially enjoyed page 4. Well done, everyone!

How did I not see this before today? I'm really slipping.

You're slipping, man! Maybe it's the missing facial hair and brain cells.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bowsergirl wrote: »
    My mom, who is a hospital administrator and should know better, just got on Pinterest and has been asking me about detox drinks. I felt like I was talking to a high schooler.

@Bowsergirl my sympathies to you! Seriously though for a medical professional, regardless of the extent of their medical training/field; should be fired & their ability to perform medicine revoked, for this. I just wouldn't trust, this person; to treat me and/or be in charge, of those; that treat other patients. I'd educate her about researching, medicinal areas that she isn't educated in, before exposing herself to being; publicly connected to potentially favoring such things. This conduct should be considered an ethics violation & even if she was my Mother, I'd report this to the hospital; to protect other patients. This is exactly why, sometimes what 1 believes in and/or practices, outside of their job; can prejudice their ability to perform their job and/or create questionable trust, in their ability; to not combine their personal/professional lives. Especially if they correlate & it's in opposition, to what's known within the field; to be acceptable.

There are doctors who are just as uneducated in nutrition and follow fad diets like any other person. Doesn't mean they are horrible at their job, especially as (for the most part) it isn't something that they focus on. Which is why when it comes to calorie intake, nutritional needs, etc - people advise others to talk to a Registered Dietitian (whose degree and focus is on nutrition).

It's not an ethics violation and holy overreaction batman at reporting her to hospital. Especially seeing as she's an ADMIN and not someone giving medical advice.

• Carlos_421
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    My mom, who is a hospital administrator and should know better, just got on Pinterest and has been asking me about detox drinks. I felt like I was talking to a high schooler.

@Bowsergirl my sympathies to you! Seriously though for a medical professional, regardless of the extent of their medical training/field; should be fired & their ability to perform medicine revoked, for this. I just wouldn't trust, this person; to treat me and/or be in charge, of those; that treat other patients. I'd educate her about researching, medicinal areas that she isn't educated in, before exposing herself to being; publicly connected to potentially favoring such things. This conduct should be considered an ethics violation & even if she was my Mother, I'd report this to the hospital; to protect other patients. This is exactly why, sometimes what 1 believes in and/or practices, outside of their job; can prejudice their ability to perform their job and/or create questionable trust, in their ability; to not combine their personal/professional lives. Especially if they correlate & it's in opposition, to what's known within the field; to be acceptable.

There are doctors who are just as uneducated in nutrition and follow fad diets like any other person. Doesn't mean they are horrible at their job, especially as (for the most part) it isn't something that they focus on. Which is why when it comes to calorie intake, nutritional needs, etc - people advise others to talk to a Registered Dietitian (whose degree and focus in on nutrition).

It's not an ethics violation and holy overreaction batman at reporting her to hospital. Especially seeing as she's an ADMIN and not someone giving medical advice.

The surgeon who removed my appendix is a smoker.
    Should that have been a red flag?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

There are doctors who are just as uneducated in nutrition and follow fad diets like any other person. Doesn't mean they are horrible at their job, especially as (for the most part) it isn't something that they focus on. Which is why when it comes to calorie intake, nutritional needs, etc - people advise others to talk to a Registered Dietitian (whose degree and focus in on nutrition).

Obviously. :wink: :laugh:
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    brx93o1xhd80.gif
    Nope, the kitteh gif's

Every time I look at this I die laughing all over again. Many thanks.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

You need to go have him/her put it back in and find a new doctor. This one clearly is inept.

fvi7nelohaow.gif

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    *applause*
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

You need to go have him/her put it back in and find a new doctor. This one clearly is inept.

fvi7nelohaow.gif

Ten thousand bonus points for the Fraggle Rock gif
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    This thread is hysterical. I'm rolling. I mean, this, thread is, hysterical. I, am rolling.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

fvi7nelohaow.gif

You can't fool me! I know the points don't matter :mad:

QcOikJg.jpg
  • Carlos_421
    Options

fvi7nelohaow.gif

You can't fool me! I know the points don't matter :mad:

QcOikJg.jpg

Hahahaaa!!!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    @MondayJune22nd2015
    I just wanted to vent a little frustration about my mom being annoying. I don't think her reading something on Pinterest and then mentioning it to me is grounds for her to lose her job. I was purposefully vague about her job, but yeah she doesn't interact with patients. Regardless, I don't think her desire to quickly lose 5 lbs makes her unable to do her job. I think we've all been in that situation at some point.

The KKK metaphor felt a little harsh.

All well said. Agree completely.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This needs to be bumped!!