"Interesting" baby names

Options

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Don't name your kids after what you were drinking when you got pregnant, I have taught Chardonnay, Kavocsea' (ka-va-sea-ay), Hennesse, & Seagram. Why???
    Also noticed the weirder the name the more discipline issues the child has in school.
    Kavocsea'? I guess they didn't know how to spell Courvoisier...
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    In for all the people who know someone who worked with someone who knew of babies who were named these names:

La'a
    Female
    Sh**head
    Lemonjello and Orangejello twins
    Placenta
    and whatever other urban myth names I have forgotten.

Oh how could I forget D'niece and D'nephew?!?!

You forgot Sy Phy Lus and Gon Nor Ea
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    Ledasha_385613_1603534.jpg
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Two stories. One from my mother 7 decades ago. She was working at GHI in DC (the forerunner of BC/BS) enrolling newborns in the health plan. Right after a major victory, sure enough, here came twins to be enrolled..

One was named Iwo. The other was named Jima.

The second was from a friend who was an OB-GYN resident. One of his fellow residents had been up on a 48 hour call (that'll show you it's been a while) and was dog tired and a bit punch drunk. A lady had given birth to twins, a boy and a girl and hadn't chosen names. So she asked the resident for suggestions. Being so punchdrunk and silly, he blurted the first two things that popped into his head.

For the boy: Ureter. For the girl: Urethra.

Poor kids.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Don't name your kids after what you were drinking when you got pregnant, I have taught Chardonnay, Kavocsea' (ka-va-sea-ay), Hennesse, & Seagram. Why???
    Also noticed the weirder the name the more discipline issues the child has in school.
    :laugh: it is pretty tricky!

I knew an NICU nurse who had a mother try to name her kid Etoh, because she saw it on her chart and it 'sounded pretty'.

ETOH was the code indicating that she was drunk when she came in to deliver....:huh:
  • jleWings
    jleWings Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know Anita! (unless there's more than one with the same name, and goodness I hope not!) She's an awesome lady with a great sense of humor. She said her parents didn't realize what they had done. Silly parents.

ETA: I don't post much on these boards and clearly didn't grab the initial post about the woman named Anita Bohner.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    With the arrival of Kim & Kanye's baby girl this week, it got me to thinking...

What are some interesting, odd and just downright weird names you have heard people name their babies?

I thought Apple was interesting until I heard North West...

Pepsi....and I am not kidding....

wow, poor babies
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Acaintenaces of mine named their sons Thor and Conan...I thought that was weird, but compared to some of the names on here, they now sound quite normal.

A friend of mine just named her baby boy Thor.
    Not my first choice, but not the craziest either...
  • thefitcompanion
    thefitcompanion Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A local woman named her daughter Ebola.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Hmmm, interesting about the discipline....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm fond of the names Isolde and Isobel, but I've yet to meet a man not opposed.

And if I had a son his name would be Jason Todd (lastnamehere)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Or they were watching SNL :bigsmile:
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My brother named his kid Sparticus Semore.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I thought of another one!

My good friend Erin, her nieces names are CeeJay (yes spelled that way) and Indie Rose

CeeJay was interesting, On her card I put CJ and was told I spelled it wrong (whoops!)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Of course, this means that Kim's hooha is the NorthWest passage...
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    :laugh: it is pretty tricky!

I knew an NICU nurse who had a mother try to name her kid Etoh, because she saw it on her chart and it 'sounded pretty'.

ETOH was the code indicating that she was drunk when she came in to deliver....:huh:

Classic.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I went to high school with Hope Ender. She was goth. Totally not kidding. There was also a girl named Crystal Pietch (pronounced peach). We used to call her Glass Banana behind her back because we were mean girls. I knew a guy in college named Carleton and all he made me think of was Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Had a couple that were friend's who ended up getting addicted to bunch of drugs and named their kid "Diamond Dallas"
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My sister went to school with a girl named Melody. There were five girls in the family, her sisters were Harmony, Symphony...dang, I can't remember the last two but you get the jist.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I have a colleague named Honey. It sounds so weird when I hear my boss addressing her on the phone saying "Hi Honey, how are you today." Very strange name for a grown-up to have.