great idea, inspired to put my coat on!
  • workinprogress37
    workinprogress37 Posts: 24 Member
    Count me in! Thanks
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    chekur wrote: »
    Is it too late to join the challenge?

Never, or at least not until a February one is started! ;)
  • tricia1952
    tricia1952 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in too
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Jan. 1st~ 15,297 steps
    Jan. 2nd~ 13,421
  • pfly2929
    pfly2929 Posts: 3 Member
    okay here we go. yesterday walked up and down my block for 1.5 miles. I had to pass ny house 5 times, but kept going!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    1/2/16: LS Walk and Tone Every Zone = 60 min
    1/3/15 : LS Walk your Belly Flat - 45 min and bicep/tricep curls
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    chucking it down with rain but still managed 4.24 miles today :)
  • borninthemiddle
    borninthemiddle Posts: 4 Member
    Yesterday I managed to take nearly 4K steps. My goal for Jan is 5K consistently. I am so going to crush my goal. :) I am using a fitbit to keep track.
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Instead of ringing in the new year, we are walking in the new year...

<3 !*! HAPPY NEW YEAR !*! <3

*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*
    This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges, just starting off with a new year *YAY*. Each month has its own thread.
    *** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you cannot track distance (or do not want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you will be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise you are getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other. Remember, you can track by steps, distance (miles kilometers), time, etc.

RULES:
    *no bullying
    *no pressure
    *just walking, dancing, stepping, snow shoeing if you like, hiking, anything to get you moving.
    *just lace up the shoes and take a walk!

zfdqe7hmjvlr.gif
    I am so in!

• MacRec48
    MacRec48 Posts: 27 Member
    I am in: 1/1 3028 steps, 1/2 3538 steps
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Hey guys! I'm back in - got a garmin vivoactive watch for Xmas and just need to get going. Good luck
  • Quiltingforyou
    Quiltingforyou Posts: 18 Member
    I'm starting again, and glad to join this supportive group. Husband gave me a fitbit but I'm not in love with it, so will use an app on my Iphone. Hope to walk everyday or at least 4 times a day. My goal is 30 minutes and that may be broken up. How do I motivate my self in a season where it is still dark out side and wet and cold? We can do this!
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    I am in. Thanks.
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    I'm in too.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    in. Just to track total steps with rough distance equivalent.
  • saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    January 3- 25509 steps,18.3 km.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Jan 1 --30 min walk
    Jan 2 --40 min + 30 min walk
    Jan 3 --20 min + 30 min walk
    Weekly Total: 2.5 hrs
  • sljames7636
    sljames7636 Posts: 1 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Instead of ringing in the new year, we are walking in the new year...

<3 !*! HAPPY NEW YEAR !*! <3

*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*
    This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges, just starting off with a new year *YAY*. Each month has its own thread.
    *** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you cannot track distance (or do not want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you will be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise you are getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other. Remember, you can track by steps, distance (miles kilometers), time, etc.

RULES:
    *no bullying
    *no pressure
    *just walking, dancing, stepping, snow shoeing if you like, hiking, anything to get you moving.
    *just lace up the shoes and take a walk!

zfdqe7hmjvlr.gif

I'm in - Sounds like a good way of getting active again after the Christmas break
  • hmbell0605
    hmbell0605 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in!! Gonna try and get a certain number of steps in every day :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Sunday 3rd January (03/28) - 40 mins walking dogs and yomping around a field checking horses.