WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Miriam – I find when I try to pull my belly button back and in towards my spine, I forget to breathe. Maybe it is just me – I need something to help get my stomach muscles tighter (again). Only thing that I am noticing in losing weight is the pooch right about the pubic area. MD/nurse says that my tummy will be the last thing to go down, so I am trying not to worry about it. I liked Richard Simmons, too, mainly because he seemed to always be ‘upbeat’ (but I heard that in ‘real’ life he suffered from depression really bad. Might be a rumor, but, I thought at one time I heard him say that on an afternoon show, like Oprah.
    My DDnL#1 painted one wall in their living room a day glow green – way too much; but, she likes it and son hasn’t repainted it. When the girls wanted to red-do their rooms, they had to pass it by their Daddy first. DMGD’s room was the same green on opposite walls and a dark teal blue on the other two walls. It made me ‘sick’ to have to be in there for any length of time.

cityjaneLondon
    – My Mother used to sweeten our tea with saccharine; 6 tablets in a pitcher she had had for years. I never used it as an adult; but, in the Deep South sugar is used to sweeten tea and it is generally so sweet it will sit your teeth on edge. Friend get a half glass of sweet tea and mixes it with a half glass of unsweet tea. I used to drink unsweet tea; but, MD told me to cut out some of my caffeine; I could not give up my coffee. Now I drink a lot of water. You ‘ain’t’ had sweet tea until you’ve had Southern Sweet Tea. Oh and a piece of mint in it. Like a Mint Julip, without the booze. LOL!

Cheri
    – Happy early Birthday … I won’t remember it 3 days from now.

Grandmallie – Beautiful kitchen! Wish I had that much counter space and cabinet space.

All I won on the Powerball was $4; but, that will buy me 2 tickets the next time it reaches triple digits. I probably should play one ticket every draw and use the same numbers. Surprisingly, I’ve heard that using numbers other than birthdays (dates), age, anniversaries and such are probably not as good as just randomly picking you own; which is supposedly better the QP. I keep thinking on QP’s they have some program that registers them so they never win. LOL! Know that’s not true; but, how many people who have won have said, “I did it on a QP!” ?????

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Becca: "Granted I am eating 1200 calories, but it is working wonderfully. I have a nightly 100 bag of popcorn and that is taking care of any snacking I have, plus it (soaks up all the water I have been drinking!) Its just that I have to pop the bag practically right after I get done with dinner, so I can NOT be eating after 7 pm. It has been making my innards feel better not having food on the stomach as I get to sleep.:
    According to MFP and other reading I've done, 1200 calories per day is the lowest an adult woman should go. You are doing a great job! :bigsmile:

Alison: Good luck. I hope you love the gym. I like the place where I go. :flowerforyou:

Leonora: We aren't zillionaires today, either. Maybe next time. :wink:

I went to the gym with my friend this morning. While she took her Zumba class, I rode a recumbent bike in the machine room and finished an e-book that I had on my phone. It was low stress and enjoyable for me, and I burned a whole bunch of calories that were just hanging around. I wanted to get rid of them before they decided to make me their new home. :wink:.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    January Resolutions
    *meditate for 10 minutes a day four or more days a week (almost every day)
    *sort and discard papers for 15 minutes four or more days a week (filling recycle bin and shredder)
    *treat myself like a toddler (as suggested by Gretchen Rubin) (love this resolution)
    *get income tax papers gathered in one place (almost finished)

Today is our anniversary---# 27--and we are celebrating by doing what we like best---being home together, eating our healthy food, napping with our pets, and watching things we like on TV. We love our life together.
    b0349.gif

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    January Resolutions
    *sort and discard papers for 15 minutes four or more days a week (filling recycle bin and shredder)
    *treat myself like a toddler (as suggested by Gretchen Rubin) (love this resolution)

Today is our anniversary---# 27--and we are celebrating by doing what we like best---being home together, eating our healthy food, napping with our pets, and watching things we like on TV. We love our life together.
    b0349.gif

Happy Anniversary Barbie! Your anniversary "celebration" sounds exactly what we would be doing! Enjoy!

Cheri NE Ohio
  • csofled
    Options

Cheri
    – Happy early Birthday … I won’t remember it 3 days from now.
    Lenora

Thanks! Looking forward to celebrating with my kids in Chicago!

Cheri almost 57 yo in NE Ohio
  • csofled
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Cheri--Happy Birthday!

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

Thank you Vicki! :)

Cheri almost 57 yo in NE oHIo
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a fun day Celebrating!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I missed so many pages...I'll never catch up!

Today I went to Joplin and had lunch with two of my best potter friends. We sat and talked for TWO HOURS!!! It was such fun. We haven't gotten together for lunch in a long time.

Yesterday a man came into my studio and asked if I wanted some doll molds that he found in the garage of a rental house he just bought. He said that if I didn't want them, they were going into the trash. So, I followed him to his rental house and he loaded them into my van. One of my clay friends uses molded doll elements in some of her art pieces, so I called her and she said she wanted some of them, so I took them with me today to lunch. When I told my two lunch friends they wanted to see, so I gave them first choice, them took the rest to my other friend. The best news is that they are out of the back of my van.

When I picked up the kids yesterday, Jillian told me that she lost an earring on the playground. She moved her hair back to let me see, and her ear was a bloody mess! I could see the BACK of the earring sticking out of the FRONT of her ear! I showed it to the principal who was doing crossing guard duty (she is also my next door neighbor), and asked if she thought I should take her to the doctor. She said to go back in the school and have the nurse look at it. The nurse managed to pull it out of her ear, clean it up and put a bandaid on it. Jillian said it didn't even hurt.I don't know if we are going to be able to save the piercing without it growing closed.

Today after school I took the oldest to the studio to work on her model of an egyptian pyramid.

Goodnight everyone.

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I forgot to tell you! I cleaned my sink on Saturday, and today is Thursday and it is STILL sparkling! Hubby even remarked on it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    HAPPY ANNI!!!!!

stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.22min, 12.6amph, 148mhr, 3mi = 113c
    eliptical- 40min, 3-5resist, 2-5incl, 92avstpmin, 3716str, 152mhr, 4.25mi = 371c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.37min, 12.7amph, 149mhr, 1.4mi = 82c
    ride dome 2 home- 18.56min, 8.4amph, 156mhr, 2.6mi = 217c
    total cal 783

mhr = maximum heart rate
    mi = miles
    resist = resistance
    incl = incline
    avstpmin = average strides per minute
    str = strides
    lvl = level
    c = calories
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ... Let me get this right ... A man asks if you want to see his molds and you follow him back to his rental?? :naughty:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    January Resolutions

b0349.gif

aw Barbie Im a bit belated but Happy Anniversary friend!!! 27!! Yep when you have the right guy, even doing nothing together is the best. I sometimes forget that my man is a man, I mean that I will start talking to him about something that guys would be all "I'm Outta Here", but he just sits there smiling and listening.

Happiness is being married to my best friend

(I needle-pointed that and framed it in a bright yellow frame. I have since given it to my son for his wedding present. It seemed the thing to give them :-) It has served it's purpose with us.

((hugs)) Barbie
    Becca
    eating popcorn
    in Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    12,000 steps
    145 minutes of dog walking
    37 minutes riding the exercise bike
    2 minute plank
    line dance class

• Annr
    Options
    LIKE the BLUE TEXT Barbie!!!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversaries and birthdays to everyone who is having one!

Cheri, your trip to Chicago makes me want to go! Where in Chicago will you be? Last time I went, we stayed in Oak Park for my step father's 90th birthday, five years ago.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    fe79b51qsvda.jpeg
    Nite peeps
  • Annr
    Options
    NIGHT PIPSTER!!!!!! (((((((HUGS FROM THIS GAL IN OREGON)))))))
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Terri wrote - "Janetr – I rarely buy anything without trying it on, because I’m not sure how I will look. You are in good company, and I’m proud of you".

I did try it on, but guess I really couldn't see myself in the mirror. It does run rather small and I'll always wear it over clothes as a jacket and I have not washed and dryed it yet so I think it will be fine. Thanks for your encouragement. It helps so much.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie: the kitchen is fabulous! It will be a real asset when you are ready to sell. :bigsmile:

Heather: I am in complete agreement with you. Calories In minus Calories Out, aka CICO, is the deciding factor in weight gain or loss for 90% of us who don't have a medical issue that causes weight gain. When calories out are greater than calories in weight loss can occur. It can be impacted by things such as sodium that can contribute to water retention. Drinking extra water often solves that problem, though. I also think that losing weight at a moderate or slow pace is more likely to be permanent. We need to establish new habits and that takes time. A healthier lifestyle needs to be a priority and the support of like minded people is vital. That is why this group is so wonderful. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Well said, Katla. I'm in total agreement. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Becca way to go. I'm right there doing the happy dance for you too. You are a gem. I'm so glad you're feeling better, even if it is slowly. Love ya g/f.

Beth -ugh, I don't know. I tried a medium and I thot it was a bit snug so jumped up to the 2X. Would you ever guess I have a horribe self-image? :/

Barbie - Happy anniversary, your celebration sounds heavenly to me.

Janetr okc