Dry January Challenge, roll up and join in!

Options

Replies

• Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    On to Day 19 :smiley:!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lextmg86 wrote: »

Congrats!!!!!

• jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    just saw this! this is my 3rd year doing drynuary. i used to use the extra calories saved from drinking to eat more. this year is different. smoothies and salads and lots of veggies, water and unsweetened tea. i'm already down 6 lbs. and no hangovers is nice too :) cheers, everyone! (well, in 2 weeks, i guess.)
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Lextmg86 wrote: »

Congrats!!!!!

Thank you, calculating how many calories I was wasting each and every weekend is enough to keep me away haha
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal when I add alcohol back in February is to accurately log it. Generally I would guestimate how much I was drinking or just not log it all together because I would lose track (and/or wouldn't want to see myself in the red every day). My February goal will be to weigh it, log it and keep it in my calorie goals.

Good job everyone!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Well I guess I am staying away from alcohol for a while. I just got my A1C blood work back and I am pre-diabetic. Yikes! Nothing like a health scare to turn you straight!!! LOL!!! So if we want to keep this challenge going for the next few months I AM IN!!! LOL!!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I am staying away from alcohol for a while. I just got my A1C blood work back and I am pre-diabetic. Yikes! Nothing like a health scare to turn you straight!!! LOL!!! So if we want to keep this challenge going for the next few months I AM IN!!! LOL!!!

Oh no @dbanks80 that sucks! Did they give you any dietary advice to follow?

I'm getting through the Friday night with a sugar free cream soda. It's lovely :)
  • dbanks80
    Options

Oh no @dbanks80 that sucks! Did they give you any dietary advice to follow?

I'm getting through the Friday night with a sugar free cream soda. It's lovely :)

Not a strict diet just to go low carbs. I am not a big carb eater anyway. Most of my carbs comes in the form of wine! So yeah that sucks. LOL!

• Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @dbanks80 - Sorry to hear that! I will say, the health reasons for avoiding alcohol (mental health, blood work, etc.) motivate me much more than wanting to lose a few pounds. Good luck! I'll be taking it easy in February, too, so I'd be happy to keep checking in.

I was really struggling last week with wanting wine but I've felt much better the past few days. I lost another 1.8 pounds this week and overall feel really good. I've noticed that my anxiety has considerably decreased since going dry. Other than that, I've been on a Fresca kick lately and that's been serving me quite well. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    @Somebody_Loved congrats on your loss!!!!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    After a long week at work, really wanted a glass of wine with my dinner but didn't do it. My husband loves that I'm a cheap date. I feel better today for not having it and not having to count the calories.
  • cheriepie63
    cheriepie63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I joined late and I'm a week in with this challenge - I can't believe what good solid sleep I am getting. Helping with weight loss as well...how is everyone else faring? The posts in this challenge are great motivators for me to stay on track.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing well!!

I did well. I did have one glass of wine last Friday but I stayed at one which is rare for me. Saturday and Sunday I had 0!! We went out to dinner with friends Saturday and my friend and my husband had long island ice teas. I had WATER! I was so proud. After dinner she and her husband invited us to their house for drinks and my husband said "No Delana is not drinking." She goes "Oh yeah I forgot. She is being a party pooper!"

Like REALLY!!!!???? Why are people trying to sabotage me. I even told her at the restaurant that I am not drinking because I am trying to lose weight to lower my blood sugar!!!!! Why can't you respect that? I know that when I drink I am a lot of fun but come on if I am trying to improve my health I would think that you would be supportive. I cant be funny if I am in the grave!!!!

Ok sorry for the rant! LOL!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there - day 26 of no alcohol for me! I can't believe it's almost over. I think my boyfriend and I are going to celebrate on Saturday with a few drinks. That will mark 30 days alcohol free and that's good enough for us. Next will be learning to practice moderation - a challenge for both of us but I think this dry month will really help.

@dbanks80 - I know what you mean. I've definitely had friends who are vocal about me not drinking. For some reason it seems to make other people uncomfortable. That's their problem, though. I used to HATE when people would say I was being "lame" or a "party pooper" but it doesn't bother me anymore. Do what makes you happy and healthy, and good job for staying strong!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there - day 26 of no alcohol for me! I can't believe it's almost over. I think my boyfriend and I are going to celebrate on Saturday with a few drinks. That will mark 30 days alcohol free and that's good enough for us. Next will be learning to practice moderation - a challenge for both of us but I think this dry month will really help.

@dbanks80 - I know what you mean. I've definitely had friends who are vocal about me not drinking. For some reason it seems to make other people uncomfortable. That's their problem, though. I used to HATE when people would say I was being "lame" or a "party pooper" but it doesn't bother me anymore. Do what makes you happy and healthy, and good job for staying strong!

THANK YOU! And great for you for making it this month! Have fun this weekend! Don't overdo it. Although if it was me I probably would! LOL
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    So far so good here!! No drinks since February 4. I actually think I'm going to continue this until Easter or my birthday in April. I've lost 9.5 pounds and I feel great! Why not keep going?
  • dbanks80
    Options
    @rchlthompson Congrats on the amazing weight loss!! Yeah I would agree to keep it going!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I've had a week from hell and ended up caving since Wednesday (27th) :(
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld - Sorry to hear that! 27 days is still great. I threw in the towel yesterday - happy with 30 days dry and now focusing on moderating and keeping it within my calories. Still a great month!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld - Sorry to hear that! 27 days is still great. I threw in the towel yesterday - happy with 30 days dry and now focusing on moderating and keeping it within my calories. Still a great month!

Well done :)
    My goal for February is to only drink Saturday and Sunday. No week day!