Dry January Challenge, roll up and join in!

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I have put the money away that I would have spent on alcohol this weekend and last. Up to £50 so far :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Unfortuantely, I didn't know this was a "thing". So, I'm out. Back to drinking. I hate popular *kitten*. Good luck though. It's not a bad thing, but too trendy for my taste.

Enjoy your drink and not being trendy lol ;)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Did very well last night stuck to water at Mexican restaurant while husband had Margheritas! I made smart food choices Chipotle salmon with salad. It feels great not waking up with a hangover and not sleeping the day away!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Great weekend for me! No alcohol!!!!
  • Jamisinaof4
    Jamisinaof4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am SO in. Massive amounts of really good Italian wine is my main problem and the main reason I've gained so much weight the past year+. I definitely need the motivation and support to NOT drink, so I may be posting a lot.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I started 1/4/16 and have not had a drink yet. Also down 3.5 pounds!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Great weekend for me! No alcohol!!!!

Great job, same with me! Although, I definitely was thinking yesterday how there are still 3 more weekends in January. So far, so good, though! Sparking water has become my new best friend.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Well done everyone, sober weekend here as well :smiley:

Welcome @rchlthompson & @Jamisinaof4 and post as much as you like!!!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    One of the biggest differences I've noticed is my skin! Looks fab if I am vain enough to say so myself lol
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    calbadger wrote: »
    I did have several glasses of wine last night, though nothing excessive. I talked with my therapist and we discussed making smaller lasting changes, rather than absolutes which then fail. That makes some sense, but I have to admit that I wish I hadn't had any last night. I feel a bit sluggish and thick-headed today. Even if I do have some on days, I want to remember just how I feel today to encourage me to have fewer, or perhaps working down to none.

On the plus side, I am down another 1.5 pounds, so that makes 8 since Monday.

Hi, How are you getting on?
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Well done everyone, sober weekend here as well :smiley:

Great for you!!!! I am sooooo agreeing with you about the skin. I have to admit I have a bad habit of smoking when I drink :/ so now I've stopped both which is doing wonders for my skin.

• calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did have several glasses of wine last night, though nothing excessive. I talked with my therapist and we discussed making smaller lasting changes, rather than absolutes which then fail. That makes some sense, but I have to admit that I wish I hadn't had any last night. I feel a bit sluggish and thick-headed today. Even if I do have some on days, I want to remember just how I feel today to encourage me to have fewer, or perhaps working down to none.

Thanks for asking. I did drink some over the weekend, but am dry now on Monday. I'm playing with the idea of fours days off and three days optional. Then again, I had an early meeting this morning and felt sooo much more sluggish than I did last week. I'm finding that life can be better sober. I am also going to the gym tonight so looking forward to that endorphin shot. Once I start exercising, I really don't feel the need for anything else. And often, once I have my protein shake, dinner is more of an afterthought. I eat nutritiously during the day and am getting enough food, so it's nice to be able to eat with control. I do eat less when sober as well.
  • dbanks80
    Options

Thanks for asking. I did drink some over the weekend, but am dry now on Monday. I'm playing with the idea of fours days off and three days optional. Then again, I had an early meeting this morning and felt sooo much more sluggish than I did last week. I'm finding that life can be better sober. I am also going to the gym tonight so looking forward to that endorphin shot. Once I start exercising, I really don't feel the need for anything else. And often, once I have my protein shake, dinner is more of an afterthought. I eat nutritiously during the day and am getting enough food, so it's nice to be able to eat with control. I do eat less when sober as well.

good for you!

• Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

Day 12 over here and I'm happy to say it's been easier than I anticipated. I'm going through sparkling water like crazy which is fine by me. I have a couple events I know I'll be drinking at in February (a weekend trip to San Fran and a wedding) but other than that, I'm going to try to stick to the sparkling water. My runs are just so much better since I cut out the booze which is motivation enough for me to not drink the nights before my workouts (so at least 4 nights a week).

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Day 11 here and I'm doing well now the weekend is out of the way. It's just a habit that come Friday night I drink until Monday. Doing this will help me break that cycle.
    Weigh in tomorrow morning so we'll see how that goes!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

4 days off would be a good step forward. Let's face it we don't want to go tea total all together or I don't at least lol:)
    Like you said small changes at a time.
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was good last night. Didn't get home till 920 helped (gym and picking up daughter from drama practice).

Stepped on the scale this morning, down 4.2 pounds. [It also was a real hard workout last night.] I expect some variability there, so not counting all those pounds gone mentally.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    @calbadger wow congrats! Great loss!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Wow @calbadger great loss!

I'm down 1lb.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Day 13 here, might have a hot chocolate tonight as I have loads of calories left and can't be bothered to eat. I think it is the snow.