Dry January Challenge, roll up and join in!

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I think I am coming down with the flu.
  • emmalinesophie
    emmalinesophie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Started 2nd jan☺️
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    No drinks... But I think I've consumed my body weight in a conversation hearts. Apparently my body is craving sugar.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I had a coors light with some pizza tonight. Wasn't feeling well. Getting back on track tomorrow
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in - still going strong since January 1. I thought it would be hard on the weekend because I used to look forward to my Friday and Saturday night bottles of wine. Actually, it's been fine, no issues at all. I feel so much more clear headed and productive on the weekends instead of feeling like my head's in a fog most of the day.

Great job everyone! Halfway there!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    treebek wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just checking in - still going strong since January 1. I thought it would be hard on the weekend because I used to look forward to my Friday and Saturday night bottles of wine. Actually, it's been fine, no issues at all. I feel so much more clear headed and productive on the weekends instead of feeling like my head's in a fog most of the day.

Great job everyone! Halfway there!

Good for you! It does make a big difference!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Tonight will be a little hard since we're having friends over and they're bringing champagne to celebrate a promotion. I'm determined to stay strong, though, and cheers with my sparkling water. Can't believe we're already halfway through with the month!

Weighed in this morning and down .8 for the week. Nothing huge but that's 4 pounds total since the beginning of the month so I'm happy with that.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I had a coors light with some pizza tonight. Wasn't feeling well. Getting back on track tomorrow

I hope your felling better tomorrow, I hate colds it makes me want a hot toddy with loads of whiskey in lol

0.8 is a decent loss @Somebody_Loved

Sugar free tropical juice here tonight, day 15 for me. I'm glad it's half way , count down now instead of up ha ha
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options

I hope your felling better tomorrow, I hate colds it makes me want a hot toddy with loads of whiskey in lol

0.8 is a decent loss @Somebody_Loved

Sugar free tropical juice here tonight, day 15 for me. I'm glad it's half way , count down now instead of up ha ha

Exactly how I feel, haha.
  • meeganbrett
    meeganbrett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, two weekends left. Missing my wine but have lost a pound
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Well done @meeganbrett

Did everyone last the weekend?

I did, I stuck to sugar free pop and 40 calorie hot chocolate. We have the family round on Sunday nights and all of them stayed dry this weekend :)
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Another successful weekend
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Forgot to bow out of this challenge. Blew it on the first weekend. Good luck everyone!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I crashed and burned this past weekend. I had 2 bottles of wine!!!!! :'( I am back on track so I will be strong this weekend!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    I managed to make it through this past weekend but I'm definitely looking forward to February. Overall it hasn't been too difficult, but the times I've wanted wine, I've really wanted it. Two more weeks!
  • sgarbacik
    sgarbacik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

Day 12 over here and I'm happy to say it's been easier than I anticipated. I'm going through sparkling water like crazy which is fine by me. I have a couple events I know I'll be drinking at in February (a weekend trip to San Fran and a wedding) but other than that, I'm going to try to stick to the sparkling water. My runs are just so much better since I cut out the booze which is motivation enough for me to not drink the nights before my workouts (so at least 4 nights a week).

Hope everyone is doing well!

That's impressive - probably a good decision moving forward. Great job!
    I am dry going on 18 days now - only one day I came home from work and really wanted a glass of red wine. But next month I have a trip to Walla Walla, WA and Napa which will probably more than make up for this month's hiatus. It hasn't been too difficult because I am not a big drinker. The best benefit other than not drinking my calories, is the cheaper restaurant bill when we go out to eat :smiley:
  • cheriepie63
    cheriepie63 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'd like to join in and I'll extend myself to February 19th - wine in the evening leads to salty snacks which sabotages all my good efforts during the day. Good luck everyone and congrats on 19 days so far!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I crashed and burned this past weekend. I had 2 bottles of wine!!!!! :'( I am back on track so I will be strong this weekend!

It's gone now, onwards and upwards :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I managed to make it through this past weekend but I'm definitely looking forward to February. Overall it hasn't been too difficult, but the times I've wanted wine, I've really wanted it. Two more weeks!

Well done, I'm counting down as well now. Roll on Vodka ha ha
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Hi - I'd like to join in and I'll extend myself to February 19th - wine in the evening leads to salty snacks which sabotages all my good efforts during the day. Good luck everyone and congrats on 19 days so far!

Welcome @cheriepie63 Even if you last until the 1st of Feb it is a lot less calories consumed if you don't replace them with any thing else :)