365 days i joined MFP here is my story and photos

Options

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Your story has really lifted me this morning. I have a long way to go but I'm not going to get there if I dont head in that direction! Your photos are fab congratulations and thanks for the motivation
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Well done! You're a shining example of dedication and determination.
  • johnthehandyman
    johnthehandyman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow well done amazing
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I can relate to your post!
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Budget, the before and after photos are amazing. Your confidence really shines through in the after photos.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    so happy for you !!! you are amazing!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    budget_n wrote: »
    During hard times I would log into MFP and lurk on the success boards for hours seeing others who had done this! I saw everyone who had a success story, as so very lucky, almost like they had no idea just how hard it was for me! And easy it was for them, and that it would never happen to me! I was even jealous of them, it was like magic happened for them, not clicking once they had done so much hard work to get there. My brain was no negative and always telling me negative stuff.

You are SUCH AN INSPIRATION! I have often had many of the thoughts that you've expressed here. You have made a total transformation in 1 year. And, I love the quote: "A year from now you will wish you had started today." That is soooo stinkin' true!

Thank you for sharing. Thank YOU.

Dee
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    thank you so so so much :) I have made some amazing new friends on here coz of this thread and the comments just blow me away!
    i feel so humbled! thanks thanks thanks
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    budget_n wrote: »
    To my shock and horror I have not had wine or any booze in 365 days and I never saw that ever happening! I was a wino! and I was not a nice person on the wine I never dreamed of stopping it! But I hated the thought of drinking my cals when I could eat them

Me too! :smile:

Well done, Budget!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous and I can really relate to your story and feelings.. I feel the same... Thanks for the motivation!
  • BarbaraNation0901
    Options
    Congratulations!! Super happy for you and your success:)
  • ricefan55
    ricefan55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration!
  • minnesotaimport
    minnesotaimport Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Thank you for sharing Budget, you look absolutely fabulous!
  • nurulhudachewil
    nurulhudachewil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So amazing!
  • suzzi_can
    suzzi_can Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! And how much I can relate to your story.. I'm at the beginning and having all those thoughts but you made so much sense.. I want what you have and I don't want to say in a year 'I wish I started a year ago'..
    Thank you..
  • Cush_la
    Options
    thank you so much you are all giving me such a big head!!!! i am not used to this praise
    i feel so taken back <3 every one is so nice
  • Cush_la
    Options
    the mind is really a huge part of this
    i just had a vacation/holiday and while away i ate so much and my mind for the past year has told me dieting is TO HARD that i will never do it! well while away it told me o0o0 you can eat loads it's easy to lose weight! EASY what the... grrr
    it's crazy what our minds tell us re losing weight and even gaining it
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Congrats
  • Fibrogirl71
    Fibrogirl71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brilliant - and your hubby looks to have benefited as well!
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow your post gave me life and the inspiration I needed to stay on track! Thank you for sharing:) You rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!