There are 'BAD' foods

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this is still going on?

It's almost like people keep entering a 30-something page thread without reading it and keep making the same arguments with no regard for context, dosage, or the many posts that have come before.

In the old days threads like this died off after a roll or two and some cat gifs.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11980-1381846269-1.gif

I see your "sup," and raise you...

XVO46.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It's almost like people keep entering a 30-something page thread without reading it and keep making the same arguments with no regard for context, dosage, or the many posts that have come before.

In the old days threads like this died off after a roll or two and some cat gifs.

In the old days they were way more fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10020547/if-eating-trash-makes-us-sick-why-do-we-keep-eating-it#latest

There was an epic McDonald's one too, that I think ended up in ChitChat.

My question is whether we should start the eggs for the Easter Bunny thread on Ash Wednesday, which is nice and early this year.

Oh wow......I remember this thread.
    RIP @herrspoons and @dbmata

You respect good people

I respect that

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

In the old days they were way more fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10020547/if-eating-trash-makes-us-sick-why-do-we-keep-eating-it#latest

My question is whether we should start the eggs for the Easter Bunny thread on Ash Wednesday, which is nice and early this year.

You respect good people

I respect that

Ali-G-Respect.gif~c200
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

You respect good people

I respect that

Ali-G-Respect.gif~c200

My pic is better than your pic...because cat

Cat-CatNextToFakeCatYouWillRespectM.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I love how many flags are in there. Considering the thread is from pre flag days. Someone's got their panties all bunched up their backsides.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I love how many flags are in there. Considering the thread is from pre flag days. Someone's got their panties all bunched up their backsides.

I think that might have been right after the switch?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

It is right after the flags were introduced. The switch came Oct 2014, I think.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

It is right after the flags were introduced. The switch came Oct 2014, I think.

That was when I was thinking, too.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I don't remember, obviously. It feels like they were more recent. I'm not going to explain my best guess as to why I feel like it's been less time. :grumble:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    gothomson wrote: »
    On the whole BBC said this about food thing - they only report the headline grabbing stories.

Now I'm a vegetarian so its no odds to me about bacon, but I'm highly sceptical of health reporting in this country in general. If you want the facts its always best to go to a peer reviewed study. There's a book by a doctor Ben Ben Goldacre called "Bad Science" and it goes into a lot of the bad reporting on science that ends up confusing people. As a matter of fact he has a site: http://www.badscience.net/

Oh aye and I agree there are no "bad" foods just "bad" diets.

I really like him and his books and Ted talks. I also definitely recommend. He has Bad Science and also Bad Pharma.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

You respect good people

I respect that

matthew-mcconaughey-chest-thump-o.gif
    ETA: best chest pump gif I could dig up short notice
  • argieroj
    argieroj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think that something like diet soda is bad because it has no nutritional value and has chemical and acid which are harmful.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    argieroj wrote: »
    I think that something like diet soda is bad because it has no nutritional value and has chemical and acid which are harmful.

Which chemical are harmful? In which ways are they harmful?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

My grandson's orthopedist says that soda is bad for bones.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Oh that was debunked quite a while back. It was something to do with the carbonation. But yeah, no.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Bad for bones how?
    In what dosage?
    My son drinks almost exclusively milk and water. He has a root beer about once a week. Are his bones in danger?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Oh that was debunked quite a while back. It was something to do with the carbonation. But yeah, no.

No, it's not the carbonation. Other carbonated drinks are okay. It's the acid, I believe.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Bad for bones how?
    In what dosage?
    My son drinks almost exclusively milk and water. He has a root beer about once a week. Are his bones in danger?

He told my daughter he recommends no soda for children. He actually thinks no one should drink soda ever, but especially not those with growing bones.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Bad for bones how?
    In what dosage?

He told my daughter he recommends no soda for children. He actually thinks no one should drink soda ever, but especially not those with growing bones.

For what reason?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Bad for bones how?
    In what dosage?

For what reason?

Um, because it's bad for their bones. I don't think my daughter quizzed him for study links, if that's what you mean. ;)