Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! She's a ****head
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    She probably shouldn't have to worry about having friends for very much longer.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    id do just about anything for a close friend. losing weight wouldnt bother me at all. or growing a beard. or wearing a weird groomsmen's outfit. etc...

and for those saying they'd disown a lifelong friend for asking this i say you werent that good of friends to begin with.
    The fact that this "friend" would kick me out of her bridal party based on my weight pretty much would confirm that we were not, in fact, very good friends.
  • rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    I think it would be different if the bride got all of her bridesmaids together and they made a big deal out of all of them working out/eating right/getting in shape together for the big day. A true friend wouldnt say (or shouldn't say) If you dont lose weight your not good enough to be in the wedding.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    id do just about anything for a close friend. losing weight wouldnt bother me at all. or growing a beard. or wearing a weird groomsmen's outfit. etc...

and for those saying they'd disown a lifelong friend for asking this i say you werent that good of friends to begin with.
    The fact that this "friend" would kick me out of her bridal party based on my weight pretty much would confirm that we were not, in fact, very good friends.

Yup. Friends accept each other for who they are - warts and all, as they say. You don't ask someone to be in your wedding and attach hurtful conditions to the request.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ouch. if they didn't want someone with alittle extra weight in their bridal party they should have never asked them.
    ^^this.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I have a cousin who got married a few years back and something similar happened.
    Her mother (who paid for the wedding) wouldn't let our other cousin be in the wedding party because, she said her weight would ruin the pictures.
    They ended up getting divorced within a few months of the wedding! ha karma
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

if you were truly friends then you should know what your friend is like..their wants and desires...this request shouldnt come as some big surprise. the fact that you have remained friends with someone with shallow tendencies should mean this request is not a friendship ender.

if my friend said i couldnt be in the party because i was too fat, skinny, tall, short whatever...i may be disappointed but certainly wouldnt disown them.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Its about acceptance and being vain and matching society's standards. Id give the shirt off my back for a friend or my last dollar if I had to. To lose weight to look good for some fkn pictures? Go eff yourself and my *kitten* if this doesnt make me a "good friend" A good friend will love me no matter what and wouldnt give two rats *kitten* what the people looked like in her picutres and quite frankly I dont have friends that shallow.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I took a different approach. I wanted to be the thinnest one, so I asked all my groomsmen to get fat.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ouch. if they didn't want someone with alittle extra weight in their bridal party they should have never asked them.

@mjl54....Agreed!!
  • LazySugar
    LazySugar Posts: 12
    Options
    My maid of honor is smaller than me... can I ask her to gain a little weight?
    j/k j/k
    Gonna have to agree, I don't see how "look nice (according to my standards) for my wedding or else" is at all any kind of incentive to continue whatever friendship they might have. Except I can see people agreeing because they want to make their so-called-friend happy. I'm a bit of a pushover though :/
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    If I was in the bridal party and the bride actually came to me and told me to drop a few pounds I think I would slap her.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What a c-u-n-#
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

if you were truly friends then you should know what your friend is like..their wants and desires...this request shouldnt come as some big surprise. the fact that you have remained friends with someone with shallow tendencies should mean this request is not a friendship ender.

if my friend said i couldnt be in the party because i was too fat, skinny, tall, short whatever...i may be disappointed but certainly wouldnt disown them.
    You're right. And I'm more than thrilled and proud to say that I do not have a single friend in my life who is such a shallow, nasty, hurtful, narcissistic human being.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Your 'friend' should consider having the perfect wedding by having herself surrounded by people that love her for who she is... and in turn respect the people she has chosen to be in her bridal party regardless of their weight/size.. I think its disgusting that she would even consider thinking the definition of a perfect wedding is to have her bridal party meet her standards...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I would be ashamed to be that bride's friend
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    in theory, your wedding party is supposed to be comprised of the people YOU feel are special and YOU feel will adequately witness, support and help you to uphold your vows and faith...

in theory....

with that theory in mind, she is completely selfish and horrible...

that being said....times ...they are a changing....

if someone asked me to do that...i would quit their wedding...they obviously aren't taking it seriously so why should i?
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    that horrible. "lose weight or else!" "you're my friend, but you're too fat to be a part of my wedding" all bull****. I hope her wedding blows.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is why I have never been a bride's maid. How rude.

tumblr_mg2rrm3Rbm1r2mou0o1_400.gif

@CrankMeUp....Ditto!
    In all my yrs. never once was asked to be in the bridal party, sheesh! :mad: :grumble: :grumble: