Asking Bridal Party To Lose Weight

Options

Replies

• chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    that horrible. "lose weight or else!" "you're my friend, but you're too fat to be a part of my wedding" all bull****. I hope her wedding blows.

you and me both
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i give the marriage 3 months tops. she sounds like a treat.

anyone wanna go over/under on duration?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Photoshop.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I can see her showing the kids the wedding pictures in 15 years....

"Who is that mommy?"

"Some girl I worked with whose name I can't remember, but wasn't she pretty?"
  • LN2004
    LN2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How sad is that. When I was married I had people of all shapes and sizes. Because my family and friends are different shapes and sizes, just like everyone else. I never even thought of asking them to lose weight! I think everyone should refuse to be in that persons wedding, maybe then she would realize how crazy and hurtful her request is.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    very shallow with very little regard for her friends feelings:noway:

^^THIS^^
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Don't know which I'd hate being most - her "A-list" BFF who is too fat to be seen with her on her wedding day, or her "B-list" friend who was only asked be in the wedding because she fit the bridesmaids dress.
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options
    I hope word gets out and nobody comes to her wedding. I wouldn't want to associate with such a shallow unpleasant woman.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    There is a certainly level of bat **** crazy, the world revolves around me, cluelessness that I've only witnessed on TV and the internet. I'm hoping it will remain there and and not in my general vicinity.

That said, the marriage is doomed to fail and I'm pretty sure she will be posting on the internet in a few months about how her husband is unsupportive and doesn't care about her needs.

typo
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I look at all of the people in my life I want to be in my wedding party and there's no "replacing" any of them. I love them.

How sad must it be for her that she does not know how to love.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    The awful part about it is she knows some of the girls in my bridal party and she was telling me I should do the same as her and request them to lose some weight LOL. Some people *shakes head* ...I have been seeing this time and time again on television though, so I didn't know if it was the 'norm' or what.
    She opened the door for you to give your opinion on what she is doing. Give it, double guns.

ETA: I'm glad to see you refer to her as an "acquaintance" -- and not your friend.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    What does the size of the attendants have to do with a "perfect" wedding?
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    Hm I think I would probably encourage them to eat more so that I looked better! (just joking :tongue: )

hahaha! that's great!
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    Dang really? I thought the people that's in your bridal party are supposed to be the ones closest to you, so how could they be replaced if they don't lose weight!? I just think that is ridiculous!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So immature!!!!!! You either love your friends the way they are or you not ask them to participate in the wedding...I've been in 18 weddings (bridesmaid) and have never had a bride so superficial to ask of her FRIENDS to change in any aspect of their lives...WOW!!! PITIFUL!!!
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I can see her showing the kids the wedding pictures in 15 years....

"Who is that mommy?"

"Some girl I worked with whose name I can't remember, but wasn't she pretty?"

yeah, this. i thought bridesmaids were supposed to be your close friends, and i don't think you could call people you treated like that 'friends'. and besides, if some rando coworker came up and asked me to be in her wedding, i'd think it a bit odd, to say the least. i mean, does she not know enough slender people that she could have asked them first, instead of imparting such conditions on the people she does know? how would one go about asking that of a casual acquaintance, anyway?

so many questions...
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You know what made my wedding day perfect? Marrying the man I loved and having the people I care most about standing with me.

How anyone looked or what they wore didn't matter one bit.

I think this is worth repeating. When I look back on my wedding day, the things that stand out most in my mind don't include my dress, my ring, the decorations . . . I just see my husband's hands shaking, my mom's tears, our family cheering . . . I get all choked up thinking about it.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Y'ALLZ JELLY
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would be ashamed to be that bride's friend
    ^^ THIS!!!
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The awful part about it is she knows some of the girls in my bridal party and she was telling me I should do the same as her and request them to lose some weight LOL. Some people *shakes head* ...I have been seeing this time and time again on television though, so I didn't know if it was the 'norm' or what.

She opened the door for you to give your opinion on what she is doing. Give it.

Oh, I have. Several times. I cannot change someones mind about what they ultimately want. Got my own wedding to focus on. I did tell her though, she should really quit focusing on what size her bridesmaids are and focus on herself and fitting into her own dress. She is not exactly a skinny minny so I am not sure where she gets off on telling people they are fat and need to lose weight.