Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Question for the seasoned competitors - What are your thoughts about competing in multiple divisions, i.e. Masters and Open? Is the main benefit to win more awards?

I'm going to sign up for my 2nd (1st full power) meet in June and was wondering if I should register for 2 age groups. If it matters, I don't think I would be competitive in the Open division anyway based on the meet's past results. Thanks!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Question for the seasoned competitors - What are your thoughts about competing in multiple divisions, i.e. Masters and Open? Is the main benefit to win more awards?

I'm going to sign up for my 2nd (1st full power) meet in June and was wondering if I should register for 2 age groups. If it matters, I don't think I would be competitive in the Open division anyway based on the meet's past results. Thanks!

Does it change the price? It didn't on mine, so I did both.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options

Does it change the price? It didn't on mine, so I did both.

Yes, it does cost more: 1 division = $105, 2 divisions = $142.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Sorry if you follow me and have seen these 12 million times.
    Finally got Pics from my meet April 1st!

You are adorable. That's an awesome picture.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Awww, thankssss lol. :#:#

And Re the multiple divisions- Every meet I've done charges extra. I decided to compete in the Open class last minute at this meet because there were a few people in that class, whereas the JR class would've been just me.
    Wasn't really worth it to me to pay $40 just for another little medal to do both when I had no competition in that class. Had there been at least a few competitors I probably would have, just because it's fun to see where you end up. (I ended up winning the open class hehe.)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

Yes, it ups the price. If it's a small meet, then I just compete in the open because with such few lifters there's no point in competing against one or two others in Masters.

If it's a large meet (like 100 or more) then I compete in both the Open and Masters.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    edited April 2017
    Options

Awww, thankssss lol. :#:#

And Re the multiple divisions- Every meet I've done charges extra. I decided to compete in the Open class last minute at this meet because there were a few people in that class, whereas the JR class would've been just me.
    Wasn't really worth it to me to pay $40 just for another little medal to do both when I had no competition in that class. Had there been at least a few competitors I probably would have, just because it's fun to see where you end up. (I ended up winning the open class hehe.)

Yes, it ups the price. If it's a small meet, then I just compete in the open because with such few lifters there's no point in competing against one or two others in Masters.

If it's a large meet (like 100 or more) then I compete in both the Open and Masters.

Thanks for your input. This will be my last meet of the year and the fee increase isn't that much so I might just do both and see how I place in Open.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options

110lb. bench PR
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options

I've competed in 5 meets and registered for only Masters Division. It was $35 for each additional division. I qualified for Worlds in September so I'm definitely going to be registering for both Open and Masters.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    0evu0ey92csl.png
    Bar path good or no?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    No video. But up to 295x2 for a joker set on low bar squats. Decent below parallel reps. Not bad from my 225x3 4 months ago. It felt incredible having that much weight(which really isn't that much) on my back. No video since I'm usually blaring my music with weights im hesitant about. Caught the attention of this guy who double wraps his knees then puts 10 plates a side on the leg press and literally moves it less than 2 inches. Apparently even with all of that "power" he can only squat 155 completely geared. So yay haha
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    No video. But up to 295x2 for a joker set on low bar squats. Decent below parallel reps. Not bad from my 225x3 4 months ago. It felt incredible having that much weight(which really isn't that much) on my back. No video since I'm usually blaring my music with weights im hesitant about. Caught the attention of this guy who double wraps his knees then puts 10 plates a side on the leg press and literally moves it less than 2 inches. Apparently even with all of that "power" he can only squat 155 completely geared. So yay haha

Wait 155pounds?!? That is sad especially if they are going to be ego leg pressing n *kitten*. I squatted 145lbs for multiple sets of paused doubles with no gear and that felt easy smh
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Wait 155pounds?!? That is sad especially if they are going to be ego leg pressing n *kitten*. I squatted 145lbs for multiple sets of paused doubles with no gear and that felt easy smh

Yeah it was kind of ridiculous especially when he takes almost half an hour on the leg press for 3 "sets". Yeah he was bombing into the hole and using pure momentum and stretch reflex to get back out of it.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Yeah it was kind of ridiculous especially when he takes almost half an hour on the leg press for 3 "sets". Yeah he was bombing into the hole and using pure momentum and stretch reflex to get back out of it.

Had one of those guys at my gym the other night, trying to train his wife too.
    Wore a belt the entire time, set his water bottle on the leg press and went off to do some kind of superset for 15 mins.
    I think he was squatting 185, hella high. Maybe I'm terrible but hitting 245x8 in the rack next to that made me feel pretty good lol.