Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    No video. But up to 295x2 for a joker set on low bar squats. Decent below parallel reps. Not bad from my 225x3 4 months ago. It felt incredible having that much weight(which really isn't that much) on my back. No video since I'm usually blaring my music with weights im hesitant about. Caught the attention of this guy who double wraps his knees then puts 10 plates a side on the leg press and literally moves it less than 2 inches. Apparently even with all of that "power" he can only squat 155 completely geared. So yay haha

Wait 155pounds?!? That is sad especially if they are going to be ego leg pressing n *kitten*. I squatted 145lbs for multiple sets of paused doubles with no gear and that felt easy smh

Yeah it was kind of ridiculous especially when he takes almost half an hour on the leg press for 3 "sets". Yeah he was bombing into the hole and using pure momentum and stretch reflex to get back out of it.

Had one of those guys at my gym the other night, trying to train his wife too.
    Wore a belt the entire time, set his water bottle on the leg press and went off to do some kind of superset for 15 mins.
    I think he was squatting 185, hella high. Maybe I'm terrible but hitting 245x8 in the rack next to that made me feel pretty good lol.

I think my favourite is when people wear those bodybuilding belts and think it actually does something for them. So many kids by them, wrap them super tight and lift like idiots since they think they're invincible with it on. Because apparently it prevents back injuries but isn't for bracing your core against.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

285 lb. deadlift from a meet I did a couple of weeks ago

I think I remember you - New England Revolution, right? I competed Saturday PM.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    No video. But up to 295x2 for a joker set on low bar squats. Decent below parallel reps. Not bad from my 225x3 4 months ago. It felt incredible having that much weight(which really isn't that much) on my back. No video since I'm usually blaring my music with weights im hesitant about. Caught the attention of this guy who double wraps his knees then puts 10 plates a side on the leg press and literally moves it less than 2 inches. Apparently even with all of that "power" he can only squat 155 completely geared. So yay haha

Wait 155pounds?!? That is sad especially if they are going to be ego leg pressing n *kitten*. I squatted 145lbs for multiple sets of paused doubles with no gear and that felt easy smh

Yeah it was kind of ridiculous especially when he takes almost half an hour on the leg press for 3 "sets". Yeah he was bombing into the hole and using pure momentum and stretch reflex to get back out of it.

Had one of those guys at my gym the other night, trying to train his wife too.
    Wore a belt the entire time, set his water bottle on the leg press and went off to do some kind of superset for 15 mins.
    I think he was squatting 185, hella high. Maybe I'm terrible but hitting 245x8 in the rack next to that made me feel pretty good lol.

I think my favourite is when people wear those bodybuilding belts and think it actually does something for them. So many kids by them, wrap them super tight and lift like idiots since they think they're invincible with it on. Because apparently it prevents back injuries but isn't for bracing your core against.

Are you talking about those stupid lightweight pseudo lever belts? Oh lawd! I think it's pretty ridiculous over all when these ego amigos have to wear their belts and wraps to do everything, even cheat curls XD.

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Meant leather derp ^
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Yes it was the meet in Sterling, CT! That meet qualified me for the first RPS Women's Worlds in September! Are you doing the CT States in June?
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Yes it was the meet in Sterling, CT! That meet qualified me for the first RPS Women's Worlds in September! Are you doing the CT States in June?

Congrats on qualifying! I just signed up yesterday for CT States.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Some *hot* bench action from this morning.

270x8, 300x3, 315x2, 330/150kg single.
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options

Congrats on qualifying! I just signed up yesterday for CT States.

Thank you!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Some *hot* bench action from this morning.

270x8, 300x3, 315x2, 330/150kg single.

Great job man
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

No - I'll probably do the Supreme Warrior in September in Jersey. If not that, then whatever the one in Mass in October or the Lexen in Ohio in October.
  • DasItMan91
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Here's me benching 245 with bands. I've been experimenting with bands for about a week now. I know the second rep was sloopy.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
  • DasItMan91
    edited April 2017
    Options

Why the *kitten* won't the url show?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

brb learning how to technology
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options

No - I'll probably do the Supreme Warrior in September in Jersey. If not that, then whatever the one in Mass in October or the Lexen in Ohio in October.

The one in Mass in October is at a new location. It got changed from Malden to Brockton.