Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    joined the 330lb squat club this morning.

Grats bud...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Nice M!

Thank you Lanny. Hey we should plan on a meet together sometime. Your a 105?
    5 × 400 × 1 @8.5
    Last set of yester-training.

Nice looking set. For me it’s feeling pretty good making four plates more routine in my training
    Options
    510x2x1, 525, 545 all time PR, 560 WTF might as well as try it underpants attempt.

So yay, a +5 lbs PR!
    Music: Orange 9MM, The Cro-Mags, Freya, Earth Crisis.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Nice M!

5 × 400 × 1 @8.5

Nice looking set. For me it’s feeling pretty good making four plates more routine in my training

Sure Matt, let me know if yah have one in mind.
    Yes, I'm 105kg for one more year.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Tendinopathy has been rough this past year, but training has been steady. Looks like I'm going to sumo pull at next meet unless my flares go down in the next week though my hips are not a fan. Good news is hook grip is not aggrivating my hands as I learn it.
    Squats: 405×5 @9
    Slingshot: 425, 430, 430 × 4s @9
    Awkward sumo: 460×1 @8.5

• Chieflrg
    Options
    Singles of 300, 305, & 315.
    I think I did four sets 265×5 for volume.
    Pretty chill mood today and felt not so beat up or advanced age.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Tendinopathy has been rough this past year, but training has been steady. Looks like I'm going to sumo pull at next meet unless my flares go down in the next week though my hips are not a fan. Good news is hook grip is not aggrivating my hands as I learn it.
    Squats: 405×5 @9
    Slingshot: 425, 430, 430 × 4s @9
    Awkward sumo: 460×1 @8.5

How do you like the Slingshot? Do you find it to help your press or is it more aimed at a geared lifter? I was thinking of using it for my extra bench days where my joints feel a bit stressed just to get some extra time under the bar.
  • Chieflrg
    edited December 2017
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »
    How do you like the Slingshot? Do you find it to help your press or is it more aimed at a geared lifter? I was thinking of using it for my extra bench days where my joints feel a bit stressed just to get some extra time under the bar.
    I like it.

It can help any lifter geared or not if utilized correctly within a program. Probably my fav accessory.

Precisely what I use it for. My joints are swollen and in pain 24/7 so I'm limited on my training. It allows me to work with a heavier weight without elevating the pain for one of the days I train bench.

Many if the people I coach have purchased one after using mine for a spell.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Got 415 lbs flat bench, and 370 lbs incline bench today. No video, partner couldn't make it.

100% how?

Huh? Should of tried 420 on flat. 415 came up quick. 370 incline was painful but pushed through. Be another few weeks before I go heavy again. Do not underestimate a 51 yr old ex power lifter. Lol

Oh no underestimating here. Just straight impressed. You guys put up some awesome weight and here I am with my crappy bench
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Got 415 lbs flat bench, and 370 lbs incline bench today. No video, partner couldn't make it.

100% how?

Huh? Should of tried 420 on flat. 415 came up quick. 370 incline was painful but pushed through. Be another few weeks before I go heavy again. Do not underestimate a 51 yr old ex power lifter. Lol

Oh no underestimating here. Just straight impressed. You guys put up some awesome weight and here I am with my crappy bench

That's all I got left. Tomorrow trying 425x1,405x2,385x4,and 365x6. Wish me luck. Got me nervous thinking about it.
  • shor0814
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Squatted 495 last week and it looked iffy, probably because I had a spotter and have never used a spotter before and probably won't again. Hit 500 tonight with no problem and solid depth.

I like whay Zilla said above about being nervous, I get nervous about missing a squat but missing a bench press doesn't even phase me. Practice missing makes perfect I guess :D
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Squatted 495 last week and it looked iffy, probably because I had a spotter and have never used a spotter before and probably won't again. Hit 500 tonight with no problem and solid depth.

I like whay Zilla said above about being nervous, I get nervous about missing a squat but missing a bench press doesn't even phase me. Practice missing makes perfect I guess :D

It’s the other way around for me. The bench is the primal lift of the bros. I feel more eyes on me than when I squat. I’d rather dumb a heavy squat than have my spotter help me get the bar up. I almost feel more defeated in a sense

• shor0814
    Options

It’s the other way around for me. The bench is the primal lift of the bros. I feel more eyes on me than when I squat. I’d rather dumb a heavy squat than have my spotter help me get the bar up. I almost feel more defeated in a sense

My nervousness in dumping a lift isn't so much the eyes (although even on my gentlest squat fail there is a lot of noise) as the squat rack being right up against the mirrors and no room to pop out of the rack once I bail. It feels like I am trapped in the rack.

On bench failures I have had 3 or 4 times someone come running over to "save me." They get over there and see the bar resting nicely on the safeties and me climbing out from under the bar. So maybe you are right on the eyes watching the bench press.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    175kg x 3

Options
    Nice M!

5 × 400 × 1 @8.5

Is your next meet the Pure Fitness open?

Yeah, I plan on three meets a year now, now that last year's BS is over and I can get on a regular on/off season training schedule which I hope to plan out sometime in the next two weeks with the meets picked in advance.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Nice M!

5 × 400 × 1 @8.5

Yeah, I plan on three meets a year now, now that last year's BS is over and I can get on a regular on/off season training schedule which I hope to plan out sometime in the next two weeks with the meets picked in advance.

No, it's B&W in Chicago. I believe this one is all male but my memory fails me.
    Options
    Nice M!

5 × 400 × 1 @8.5

No, it's B&W in Chicago. I believe this one is all male but my memory fails me.
    Senior Moment. I believe you already mentioned that to me.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Single 425 @ 8.5
    Uneven load unrack attempt. <<<stoopid
    370 × 5
    370 × 5
    365 × 5
    365 × 5 (not shown)
    Quick rest 365 × 2 (not shown)

• PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member