arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    @arditarose Those looked great

Yayyyyyy!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here's my new deadlift rep PR from yesterday. Is it weird that my traps are more sore than my lower back after heavy deadlifts? After 17 total reps at 475, I'm really feeling it today!

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Al - that video still makes me laugh! @fatfudgery

@DeadliftsandDonuts - niiiiiiiice! Gave you a follow on insta
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    @arditarose - beautiful! It's amazing the difference that a lifting shoe can make. I know I adore mine.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    Al - that video still makes me laugh! @fatfudgery

@DeadliftsandDonuts - niiiiiiiice! Gave you a follow on insta

Thanks @Willbenchforcupcakes, I was already following you to learn how to improve my horrible bench!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    Here are my AMRAP squat and bench sets from today after lifting 4 sets of 4 at the same weights.

Squat 395x5 (ties my 5rm):

Bench 225x6 (new 6rm):
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Nailed my squats this morning! I will forever find it crazy how well my strength held up while doing minimal volume at low loads. 80%, 117.5/259.04 for triples. (The hockey guys are doing their max rep squat challenge. They were 60-80 reps into their second set. Yes, they are crazy)

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Nailed my squats this morning! I will forever find it crazy how well my strength held up while doing minimal volume at low loads. 80%, 117.5/259.04 for triples. (The hockey guys are doing their max rep squat challenge. They were 60-80 reps into their second set. Yes, they are crazy)

What kind of % do you use for 60-80rep squats??? LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just bought the freaking Nike Romaleos this week and jesus...I'm in love. I have not hit this depth at this weight, ever. Part of it is definitely due to the shoes but I probably should give a little credit to myself, training, and trying not to be a wimp too. But the shoes...

my friend just got squat shoes- and he's all limbs (arm and legs) so he's a really awkward squatter. But he was like- I don't know how I ever squatted without these shoes- best thing.EVER.

I'm hoping to find someone on Prime Day tomorrow for sale. I'd definitely like to have a pair!

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    @McCloud33 - they are at 40%. Two sets to get as many reps as possible. I think the top one got around 250 reps between the two sets.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I just bought the freaking Nike Romaleos this week and jesus...I'm in love. I have not hit this depth at this weight, ever. Part of it is definitely due to the shoes but I probably should give a little credit to myself, training, and trying not to be a wimp too. But the shoes...

my friend just got squat shoes- and he's all limbs (arm and legs) so he's a really awkward squatter. But he was like- I don't know how I ever squatted without these shoes- best thing.EVER.

I'm hoping to find someone on Prime Day tomorrow for sale. I'd definitely like to have a pair!

Honestly, every scenario I've ever seen where someone goes from flat shoes to squat shoes they are like

Where have you been all my life?
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 - they are at 40%. Two sets to get as many reps as possible. I think the top one got around 250 reps between the two sets.

That's just an insane amount of reps!

I'll be offline for a couple weeks while doing some sightseeing in Europe, so here's one from last week.

300lbx7, but what was more impressive to me was that when both of the true squat racks were taken my mindset was "Sure, I KNOW I can hit 300 without the safety!" I probably would have gone for another rep or two in the rack, but still...300 for me without the safety was big mentally.

https://youtu.be/zqroMbzCz7g

This second one was from the same workout and I think is the first time I've hit over 135 for 5. Albeit only 5lbs more, but for OHP I'll take anything I can get.

https://youtu.be/J8o7tHDbml0
  • JoRocka
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Honestly, every scenario I've ever seen where someone goes from flat shoes to squat shoes they are like

Where have you been all my life?

yeah- seems like a common thing.

I would really like them- I love the stability of plates under my heels- but gah- paying for a wedding is sucking up every cent.
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    merry next year - this buy plates ;)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    85% was feeling like 70% today. Put conventional and sumo head to head to see what feels better and they both feel the same. It's looking like it's going to be a warmup room decision on which form I use on the platform. 145kg/319lb for easy doubles. This was set three and four.

• JoRocka
    Options
    New PR for me this week on the squat department. I could use a half inch. But I'm going to accept this as the new one rep max.im very pleased. End of a twelve week sheiko cycle. Definitely improvements made!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Yeah honestly I shouldn't have spent the money I did on mine. I'm too vain to wear the cheap ones and the adidas which are a little cheaper did not feel good. I don't regret it though. I will never go back.