Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Not quite seven for five hondo, but I had some good pulls this morning.

425x7.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not quite seven for five hondo, but I had some good pulls this morning.

425x7.

Let's see five hondo!
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Let's see five hondo!
    I might be able to pull 3x but I doubt 7x.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Nice job NRG!
    Looks like you're on the mend and ready to start progressing again.
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Don't have my heavier lifts, but here is 475lbs @165lbs bodyweight with not so good form lol
    Options
    Nice job NRG!
    Looks like you're on the mend and ready to start progressing again.
    Thanks! And yeah sorta mended!
    Options
    No videos unfortunately but my return to full power was massively successful! 9/9, hit 127.5/280 on my squat, a 7.5kg platform pr, 82.5/182 on my bench - the same weight as my last two bench only meets but a massive 20kg over my last three lift bench, and nailed a 170/274 lifetime pr deadlift on my third.

Definitely successful! Congrats Dana!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    No videos unfortunately but my return to full power was massively successful! 9/9, hit 127.5/280 on my squat, a 7.5kg platform pr, 82.5/182 on my bench - the same weight as my last two bench only meets but a massive 20kg over my last three lift bench, and nailed a 170/274 lifetime pr deadlift on my third.

Definitely successful! Congrats Dana!

Thanks Matt! I'm wishing I had video at least of my last dead because internal feeling on it was that it was a thing of beauty.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

one day when I grow up- I wanna be just like you.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Amazing job, congrats on your new PRs!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Nice job. I'm just waiting for Mike to post the results.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

:blush: I'm still in disbelief over how well the reloading went. I have Mike 9 weeks to bring my squat and deads back up from 65% and we did it.

Thanks! Can't wait to see what I can build up for nationals in March!

There was some great lifting from a lot of first and second time lifters! I finished 3rd overall in the women's, on my last pull I was faced with the decision between a 99% chance at getting the lift and just getting my national qualifying total, and taking a risk at a 50% pull for best lifter.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

:blush: I'm still in disbelief over how well the reloading went. I have Mike 9 weeks to bring my squat and deads back up from 65% and we did it.

There was some great lifting from a lot of first and second time lifters! I finished 3rd overall in the women's, on my last pull I was faced with the decision between a 99% chance at getting the lift and just getting my national qualifying total, and taking a risk at a 50% pull for best lifter.

You made the right choice but a tough one. Wait till you're an M2 and you only need a pulse to qualify. Happily my totals are good enough for an open qualification.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

You made the right choice but a tough one. Wait till you're an M2 and you only need a pulse to qualify. Happily my totals are good enough for an open qualification.

You are definitely an inspiration!

I've got about 15kg to minimally qualify for North Americans and/or commonwealth next year. 60ish kg for the minimum Wilks for Belarus. The 15 is easy, it's about what I left on the platform. The 69 is a challenge but doable.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Another client video, this one documents progress over time on learning how to squat.
    This is a client who, for lack of a better word, really struggled with squatting. Definitely not a natural move for her as you can tell in the first clip which shows what her squat looked like when we started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DiBVmAgCQ&feature=youtu.be
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Another client video, this one documents progress over time on learning how to squat.
    This is a client who, for lack of a better word, really struggled with squatting. Definitely not a natural move for her as you can tell in the first clip which shows what her squat looked like when we started.

That's amazing progress. What is the time length from start to most recent?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    So my awesome friend Beans was there and got my last deadlift on video. 170/374 easy peasy

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

About 1.5 years. Definitely was a grind for her which makes the end result so awesome in my heavily biased opinion.

There were times where she definitely felt like she would never be able to squat.

Several deloads where we pounded technique.

She's now at a 1rm around 150-155 at BW in the 130s
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

About 1.5 years. Definitely was a grind for her which makes the end result so awesome in my heavily biased opinion.

There were times where she definitely felt like she would never be able to squat.

Several deloads where we pounded technique.

She's now at a 1rm around 150-155 at BW in the 130s

Love it!