Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    I'd consider squatting high intentionally between now and the meet and not even flirting with the point at which you experience sharp pain. It's just likely to further delay recovery.
    Meet is a week from this Saturday. I didn't squat last week so I probably won't squat again til the meet and just spend extra time in ice baths and mashing the area to get it to release again.
    This also assumes you can do above-parallel squats without causing pain to the area.
    I can but I don't have the same magnitude of pain/discomfort.
    I'd be curious if it hurts during deads/bench.
    I feel it, but since I am not putting a direct load on it, I can hit my expected loads without too much hesitancy or pain.

Actually my bench is pretty friggen' strong. Hoping for a new platform PR and possibly with deadlift too.
    One additional question: From a mental standpoint are you going to be able to go into this meet with the willingness to take weight off the bar and truly approach it with a "I'm getting experience" mindset, and is that experience going to be valuable if you're using loads that are submaximal and training while injured?
    At this point, that's probably all I got left. My left quad was strained in my last meet 4 weeks ago and I approached it as I can at least get experience, but I did have confidence that I could at least match my last best attempt.

If anything, I will take three lighter lifts and work on the technique: un-racking, lockout/command, depth, lockout/command/re-rack.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    How do you post videos?

I have zero idea and I have been searching for a half hour. I just squatted 297, benched 154, and deadlifted 358 in a USAPL Raw meet at 82 kg bw, age 43. Would love to post my DL cuz I could have gone 15-20 pounds more but was just trying to be conservative and win my weight class in the open division, which I did. Ready for a big PR for USAPL Northwest Regionals in November! Will be ranked in top 5 in masters currently in 82.5 kg weight class for all feds on Powerlifting Watch for women over 40 when I have the official results from my meet this Saturday to submit (formerly sitting at #7 in raw masters women).My best bench ever was two years ago at 165 and the more I work on it, the worse it gets. Push press us now higher than my bench!

Very nice! Those are excellent numbers!

You should be able to upload to youtube and post a link in here.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @kelly_e_montana - you can copy the link from your Instagram and paste it here. It's how I do it from my phone
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Some bench pressing from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-xHApcvXQ
    (Just copy the long form URL (in the browser bar) from YouTube. The board software does the rest.)

Despite missing the PR on the 320, really satisfied with today’s session. I am feeling pretty positive that a new USAPL platform bench press might be in store for me in the future.

(Also want to say a big thanks to @SideSteel and @CarlKRobbo for their advise -- it helped to foment a strategy.)
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    How do you post videos?

I have zero idea and I have been searching for a half hour. I just squatted 297, benched 154, and deadlifted 358 in a USAPL Raw meet at 82 kg bw, age 43. Would love to post my DL cuz I could have gone 15-20 pounds more but was just trying to be conservative and win my weight class in the open division, which I did. Ready for a big PR for USAPL Northwest Regionals in November! Will be ranked in top 5 in masters currently in 82.5 kg weight class for all feds on Powerlifting Watch for women over 40 when I have the official results from my meet this Saturday to submit (formerly sitting at #7 in raw masters women).My best bench ever was two years ago at 165 and the more I work on it, the worse it gets. Push press us now higher than my bench!

Nice job. I'll have to look at the women's over 50 lists to see how I rank. I haven't looked at their rankings in a few years.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Congrats on an awesome meet!! And to post videos from YouTube you'd type [ YouTube] and then copy paste all the letters after the = sign in the video url and then [ /YouTube] all without spaces. Hope that helps :)
    How do you post videos?

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options

(Just copy the long form URL (in the browser bar) from YouTube. The board software does the rest.)

Despite missing the PR on the 320, really satisfied with today’s session. I am feeling pretty positive that a new USAPL platform bench press might be in store for me in the future.

(Also want to say a big thanks to @SideSteel and @CarlKRobbo for their advise -- it helped to foment a strategy.)

I think you would have gotten that 320 if you hadn't had the 270x7 earlier in the session.

Options

I think you would have gotten that 320 if you hadn't had the 270x7 earlier in the session.

Definitely, but I wanted to see if I could do it fatigued. I know I could have nailed 310 and perhaps I should have.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I noticed most of you guys use knee braces/wraps for your lifts. What do you recommend? I've got wraps, but they're a pain in the butt to use and don't always stay put.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I noticed most of you guys use knee braces/wraps for your lifts. What do you recommend? I've got wraps, but they're a pain in the butt to use and don't always stay put.

I started using SBD knee sleeves about 3 months ago because my knees started feeling sore after heavier squat workouts. Since I got them I've had no more of that post-workout soreness in my knees. For sizing, I was recommended to size down 2 sizes from the "Tight Fit" on the SBD sizing chart and there is a learning curve on how to get them on.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    x2 for SBD Sleeves, not a tight fit for me though, or i can't get them on, even with all the tricks!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

SBDs are amazing.
    Options
    Depends. If you plan on competing later, buy sleeves and wraps that are allowed by your federation.

Otherwise, price and if it matches your outfit are really the only primary considerations. The longer the wrap, the more stability it will provide for your joints -- both elbows and knees -- but the price will increase.

Titans, Rogue, Gangaster, Metal, etc are reputable brands for wraps.

SBD, Rehband, etc for knees sleeves.
  • kwtilbury
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It sounds like SBD is a popular option. I'll give them a look.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Depends. If you plan on competing later, buy sleeves and wraps that are allowed by your federation.

Otherwise, price and if it matches your outfit are really the only primary considerations. The longer the wrap, the more stability it will provide for your joints -- both elbows and knees -- but the price will increase.

Does having a matching outfit help you lift more on the platform? I had better start planning my outfit now if I'm going to compete next year!
    edited August 2016
    Options

Does having a matching outfit help you lift more on the platform? I had better start planning my outfit now if I'm going to compete next year!
    I wish! I'm attempting humor -- but heck, its probably the designer in me -- the universe just makes more sense when it's coordinated.
  • kwtilbury
    Options
    I squat nekkid, so matching really isn't a consideration for me.
    Options
    I squat nekkid, so matching really isn't a consideration for me.
    I suppose you'll end up buying two pairs of knee-highs, and wearing just three of the socks. :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

It's like stickers on your motorcycle add hp. Matching outfits add pounds!