Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Susan hit some huge milestones yesterday.
    314.5 squat (3 plates), 402 (!!) Deadlift, new all time low bodyweight (173), added 46lbs to her total in the past 12 weeks. She went 8/9.

This is the loudest I've ever cheered for anyone I think. There may have been a few tears.

She's been saying "some day I'll deadlift 400" for a long time. Yesterday was the day.

Room in the tank too.

https://youtu.be/wJjpBehteac

Just an all around happy vid right there :)

There may have been a few tears.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun

Congrats on the PR's especially under those conditions.

Now that you've done it, how do you feel about it as far as your decision to do it?
    I would have had regretted not going, and everything I learned or observed I made sure to record and post on my blog for future reference.

No regrets.

Excellent.

^^^^^ Was gonna ask the exact same thing and post the same reply..... Can always learn from any comp, shame about the Deads, but stlll, to come out with 2 PR's and learn a ton... Well done!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    @nakedraygun How many meets have you done this year?
    I've done four so far. First was in January and then again in February, then I got the chest injury and every other injury afterwards until I competed 5 weeks ago and then again this past Sunday.

I probably won't do a full meet until January next year to heal up and to work on some improvements.
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CarlKRobbo wrote: »
    @nakedraygun

Congrats on the PR's especially under those conditions.

Now that you've done it, how do you feel about it as far as your decision to do it?
    I would have had regretted not going, and everything I learned or observed I made sure to record and post on my blog for future reference.

No regrets.

Excellent.

^^^^^ Was gonna ask the exact same thing and post the same reply..... Can always learn from any comp, shame about the Deads, but stlll, to come out with 2 PR's and learn a ton... Well done!
    I guess it all depends on how one looks at their participation in a sport. Is one in it for the moment, or is it something that one is planning to pursue on a long term basis.

I've been in the latter category before I lifted a single pound as I was training for my first meet -- a non-sanctioned push/pull -- that I used to gain experience for my first full USAPL meet.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Meet was yesterday. Not stellar. The back/ oblique issue was more of a hinderance than I anticipated. Meet was in pounds for some odd reason.

Without going into the boring details, I finished 5/9. Squat: 2/3. 415, a platform PR by 1.6 pounds.

Bench 3/3 with a 315 final (143kg) a platform PR of 10 lbs.

Deadlift, 0/3, the back pain just too much. I did hit a top warm up of 375 but that was sucky.

Congrats on the PRs Matt. Now get better homie!!

Options
    Meet was yesterday. Not stellar. The back/ oblique issue was more of a hinderance than I anticipated. Meet was in pounds for some odd reason.

Without going into the boring details, I finished 5/9. Squat: 2/3. 415, a platform PR by 1.6 pounds.

Bench 3/3 with a 315 final (143kg) a platform PR of 10 lbs.

Deadlift, 0/3, the back pain just too much. I did hit a top warm up of 375 but that was sucky.

Congrats on the PRs Matt. Now get better homie!!

Thanks Chris. Appreciate it!
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ran a mock meet and PR'd my squat by 10lbs. 190lb squat kitten 2 grass so I guess I'm ready for 200lbs now :p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgqyShi-4q4
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Ran a mock meet and PR'd my squat by 10lbs. 190lb squat kitten 2 grass so I guess I'm ready for 200lbs now :p!

HA HA HA- great job.

But less talking! LOL wasted energy!!! You have more in your tank by the way! You got this.200 is soon- very soon!
    Options
    It happened. I benched today. 255x10.

Decided to continue to train bench but give squat and deadlift a three week break. Met with a PT yesterday and he got me fixed up too.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

HA HA HA- great job.

But less talking! LOL wasted energy!!! You have more in your tank by the way! You got this.200 is soon- very soon!

Thank you :]! Haha I guess I am a nervous talker! And luckily it was my 3rd attempt in this mock meet and final squat of the day soo I only needed to preserve energy for bench and deadlift wooo!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI but I got a hemmohroid for the first time in my life...thought I was WAY too young for it, but finding out that it's more common amongst the lifting community. First time back in the gym squatting in two weeks :p I worked up to 225 3x5, but I'm scared to go too heavy too quick. Hoping to work back up again over the next few weeks. It's just felt like I've been treading water and not making much headway this summer. There's always something...elbow tendonitis, tweak in the back, etc. I just want a good three month stretch where the body feels good.

I did get up to OHP 140x5 on my 1+ week of 5/3/1
    https://youtu.be/Gm24lyzUy_k
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Probably TMI but I got a hemmohroid for the first time in my life...thought I was WAY too young for it, but finding out that it's more common amongst the lifting community. First time back in the gym squatting in two weeks :p I worked up to 225 3x5, but I'm scared to go too heavy too quick. Hoping to work back up again over the next few weeks. It's just felt like I've been treading water and not making much headway this summer. There's always something...elbow tendonitis, tweak in the back, etc. I just want a good three month stretch where the body feels good.

I did get up to OHP 140x5 on my 1+ week of 5/3/1
    https://youtu.be/Gm24lyzUy_k

Hemorrhoids are a total pain in the *kitten* :smile:
  • sventheviking
    sventheviking Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    507.5 deadlift at my last meet
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Not my all-time best, but alas the current best at 181lbs