Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I noticed most of you guys use knee braces/wraps for your lifts. What do you recommend? I've got wraps, but they're a pain in the butt to use and don't always stay put.
    Depends. If you plan on competing later, buy sleeves and wraps that are allowed by your federation.

Otherwise, price and if it matches your outfit are really the only primary considerations. The longer the wrap, the more stability it will provide for your joints -- both elbows and knees -- but the price will increase.

Titans, Rogue, Gangaster, Metal, etc are reputable brands for wraps.

SBD, Rehband, etc for knees sleeves.

Does having a matching outfit help you lift more on the platform? I had better start planning my outfit now if I'm going to compete next year!
    I wish! I'm attempting humor -- but heck, its probably the designer in me -- the universe just makes more sense when it's coordinated.

So far I only have SBD knee sleeves and an Inzer belt so I'm not off to a good start coordinating an outfit... :s I'd love to try the new SBD belt, but it's way to expensive. I was thinking about getting a Titan singlet and a pair of Romaleos. Would that completely kill my lifting feng shui?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I noticed most of you guys use knee braces/wraps for your lifts. What do you recommend? I've got wraps, but they're a pain in the butt to use and don't always stay put.
    Depends. If you plan on competing later, buy sleeves and wraps that are allowed by your federation.

Otherwise, price and if it matches your outfit are really the only primary considerations. The longer the wrap, the more stability it will provide for your joints -- both elbows and knees -- but the price will increase.

Does having a matching outfit help you lift more on the platform? I had better start planning my outfit now if I'm going to compete next year!
    I wish! I'm attempting humor -- but heck, its probably the designer in me -- the universe just makes more sense when it's coordinated.

So far I only have SBD knee sleeves and an Inzer belt so I'm not off to a good start coordinating an outfit... :s I'd love to try the new SBD belt, but it's way to expensive. I was thinking about getting a Titan singlet and a pair of Romaleos. Would that completely kill my lifting feng shui?
    I just bought an Inzer lever and seriously considered the SBD belt since I have both SBD singlet and knee sleeves. I also own Titan wrist wraps (and singlet) which I wear at meets - they're blue.

But the tooling on that SBD belt is beautiful.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I just bought an Inzer lever and seriously considered the SBD belt since I have both SBD singlet and knee sleeves. I also own Titan wrist wraps (and singlet) which I wear at meets - they're blue.

If I didn't already have a Wahlander belt, I'd go for the SPD one too for the cool factor. Otherwise, Inzer makes a solid belt and I also use one of their lever belts.

My stuff is all mix and match:
    Wahlander belt
    SBD & Titan knee sleeves (I also own old Rehbands)
    Titan wrist wraps
    Titan singlet

Knee Wraps I have/use are: Titan RPM, Titan THP, Titan Gold, APT Convicts, Inzer Grippers. Preference is Inzer Grippers and Titan THP.

If you're looking for knee sleeves, SBDs are good but I wouldn't size down on them. Mine are tight and are a pita to get on in humidity. A less expensive alternative are the new Titan Yellow Jackets that are similar in size and composition to the SPD ones but cost less.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I love my SBD sleeves. I held off on them for a very long time but finally caved and it was love at first squat. Mine are loose and I'm thinking of sizing down - if I lose any circumference on my quads mine might start being too loose.

I've been drooling over the SBD belt since I first saw the pictures. Keep trying to tell myself no but I know I'll cave at some point. After all, my belt no longer coordinates with the rest of my platform gear.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options

If I didn't already have a Wahlander belt, I'd go for the SPD one too for the cool factor. Otherwise, Inzer makes a solid belt and I also use one of their lever belts.

Wahlander belt
    Titan wrist wraps
    Titan singlet

Knee Wraps I have/use are: Titan RPM, Titan THP, Titan Gold, APT Convicts, Inzer Grippers. Preference is Inzer Grippers and Titan THP.

If you're looking for knee sleeves, SBDs are good but I wouldn't size down on them. Mine are tight and are a pita to get on in humidity. A less expensive alternative are the new Titan Yellow Jackets that are similar in size and composition to the SPD ones but cost less.

For the SBD sleeves, I measured as an XXL regular fit or XL tight fit because of my big calves and bought size L. I've heard that if your knee or calf measurement falls in the smaller sizes on the SBD chart then you shouldn't size down because there is less material to stretch and they would be impossible to get on.

I have only had them for 3 months and they're getting harder to get on. Maybe I shouldn't do calf work twice a week?
  • juliewatkin
    Options

Wahlander belt
    Titan wrist wraps
    Titan singlet

For the SBD sleeves, I measured as an XXL regular fit or XL tight fit because of my big calves and bought size L. I've heard that if your knee or calf measurement falls in the smaller sizes on the SBD chart then you shouldn't size down because there is less material to stretch and they would be impossible to get on.

I have only had them for 3 months and they're getting harder to get on. Maybe I shouldn't do calf work twice a week?

Mine are extra small and I have very skinny calves. The smaller they are the less flexible they are. In theory they fit but it's like folding a piece of string in half. You can only do it so many times.
    Options
    I bought to size SBD knees sleeves and they are pure hell getting over my calves and the hair on my legs OUCH! Even after folding them over.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    I bought to size SBD knees sleeves and they are pure hell getting over my calves and the hair on my legs OUCH! Even after folding them over.

I fold them in half too and have to put them on before doing any warm-ups or else my legs get too sweaty and the sleeves won't slide at all.
    Options

I fold them in half too and have to put them on before doing any warm-ups or else my legs get too sweaty and the sleeves won't slide at all.

Ditto. Also facilitates in warming up my poor old knees in early morning.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Slowly but surely getting back to where I was before vacation. This came after a quick 4 mile run last night too. Squat
    Warm up
    210x3
    240x3
    270x10
    https://youtu.be/bTarOfukDmE

300x1
    https://youtu.be/tImMpFHSSHE

330x1
    https://youtu.be/5GKmNd9k4UA

350x1(barely)
    https://youtu.be/GJfkhhBNzK4
  • juliewatkin
    Options

They have to go all the way on for me or forget it. I train at home and my basement is damp so I have to use smooth knee socks at the moment to get them on at all since they are half damp before I even start. I would have thought that leg hair would facilitate sliding them on.
    Options

They have to go all the way on for me or forget it. I train at home and my basement is damp so I have to use smooth knee socks at the moment to get them on at all since they are half damp before I even start. I would have thought that leg hair would facilitate sliding them on.
    Not my bear-man-yeti leg hair. Half considered removing it.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    About at 30 seconds is one way to get them on.
    I don't have SBD but am getting ready to purchase a pair.
    My old neos are tight and I used this method to help out on the leg hair issue (short of shaving and using baby powder)

http://youtu.be/C4oeRc5egO0
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Quite the opposite. The rubber pulls at every follicle and causes tears. I've considered the same thing @nakedraygun
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to my 5 rep deadlift of 280 lbs on Monday: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1190917050929170&id=247742445246640&_rdr
  • juliewatkin
    Options
    Jewcybabe wrote: »
    Here is a link to my 5 rep deadlift of 280 lbs on Monday: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1190917050929170&id=247742445246640&_rdr

Nice job. That looked really easy. I'd say your one rep max is well north of 300.
  • juliewatkin
    Options

Not my bear-man-yeti leg hair. Half considered removing it.

Good to know. I guess I'll ditch my plan to grow my leg hair then.

They're much easier to get on in the winter when it's cold and dry. Summer though? Heurgh :/
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Jewcybabe wrote: »

You made that look easy!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    My 2 deadlift AMRAP sets from yesterday: 525x3 and beltless 405x8. This was after 5 warmup sets and 5 doubles at 525.

• dodgergirl84
    dodgergirl84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nervous as this is my first post ever on MFP :blush: Relearning my Oly lifts, trying to rid myself of bad habits from CrossFit. 120 lbs PR clean at almost 9 months post partum.