Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    So I'm back on the injured list completely unrelated to training and back to bench only. Trying not to throw too big of a pity party and just focusing on nailing my bench with Pan-Am bench coming up the end of October. First rep was brutal because I decided to touch over an inch high. Excuse the crazy plate loading, this was part of a contrast superset. Triple at 77.5.

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Every time I see someone deadlifting with an underhand grip I have to cringe because I know that bicep can tear any second, please don't deadlift with the underhand grip..I know you've probably done it that way thousands of times for years but I'm telling ya that 1 time is just waiting to happen and it's going to be bad.

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Working on that arch for competition. It's also worth noting that this 2x5 is with 95% of my last competition max.....

I can't arch when I bench. I've tried and tried. Ed Coan himself has tried to give me pointers and my body refuses to comply. Haha

Well, I'd trade my arch to meet the GOAT.

Ha we live very close to each other and he's always at the gym down the street.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    5 days out from my meet here. You guys are making me want to lift all the weights but I have to let my CNS recover!! :o !!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Every time I see someone deadlifting with an underhand grip I have to cringe because I know that bicep can tear any second, please don't deadlift with the underhand grip..I know you've probably done it that way thousands of times for years but I'm telling ya that 1 time is just waiting to happen and it's going to be bad.

#lolwut?
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    5 days out from my meet here. You guys are making me want to lift all the weights but I have to let my CNS recover!! :o !!

Good luck to you!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    This was supposed to be a second set of 5. Only had 4 in me though.

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ezfkzov0kmd7.jpg

Having trouble getting the video up but here it is!
  • maranarasauce93
    Options

Good luck to you!

It's only a push pull but thank you!!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options

Good luck to you!

Good luck at your meet!

I just signed up for my first meet in January, which also a push/pull.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

Bicep tears are rare....

Honestly, the only people I've ever seen tear bicep tendons are high level athletes pulling a ton of weight.

You shouldn't bench either because you can tear your pec tendon, and you shouldn't squat because your knee can buckle.

And don't drive, because you can wreck.
  • maranarasauce93
    Options

Good luck to you!

Good luck at your meet!

I just signed up for my first meet in January, which also a push/pull.

Good luck dude! You are so prepared you are gonna crush it!!!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I freaking FINALLY got to compete. I've been wanting this for so long. Went 7/9. Looking forward to beating that and lifting more next time! Thanks to @SideSteel for programming and meet prep!

I'm not going to post bench...it's on IG for fun but the struggle was real lol.

Squat 2nd Attempt 203.9

This was my 3rd attempt at 214.9. I got two red lights for depth on this but I'm happy with the attempt selection and the squat in general. It was close

3rd Attempt Deadlift PR 253.5. Didn't feel very heavy.

Nice job. Your first meet is one you'll never forget. What fed are you lifting in?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @juliewatkin - Steph's competition was USAPL
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    @juliewatkin - Steph's competition was USAPL

I was wondering because the centre ref didn't do the 'down' hand signal during deadlift. Maybe she was too tired by deadlift. It can be a long day in the chair :smile:

Hopefully Steph had as much fun during her first meet as I did mine and will continue on.