Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Man. We need a thread for our worst lifts. I fell backwards pulling 260 tonight and peed myself a little.

Don't feel bad. I did this... at worlds. It was my opening attempt. I got it on my second. I can't recall if I peed but assume I did, that's why most of the master women I know wear incontinence pads when we compete. It's assumed it's going to happen. I have a number of spectacular public fails. If you lift long enough it will happen, and get recorded for posterity :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvbeShIY7s

Thank you for posting this. So why do you think you fell backwards there? I literally surprised the piss out of myself when I did it. I've done it at a super low weight (while deadlifting for Boris Sheiko, of course) just because it was light and there was *kitten* baby powder all over the platform. I don't know what I did last night.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Curious...what's that guy doing next to you?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If it's the guy in Kyle's video, it looks like a hang snatch pull.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    HA- SUPER FREAK_ SUPER FREAK!

I love it.

Nice tight lifts also. Love it.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I love it.

Of all the people here st MFP, I kinda figured you would be the one that would dig the Supa Freak. It took all of me not to break out and dance ;) & ty Jo.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

I love it.

Of all the people here st MFP, I kinda figured you would be the one that would dig the Supa Freak. It took all of me not to break out and dance ;) & ty Jo.

life is to short not to dance- I got you tomorrow- I'm making that happen.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    That was awesome @_incogNEATo_ ! Congrats on the meet! My Wilks is hovering around 300 so you're blowing me out of the water :smirk:
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    That was awesome @_incogNEATo_ ! Congrats on the meet! My Wilks is hovering around 300 so you're blowing me out of the water :smirk:

We've all got goals man! Keep working and that score just steadily increases. Short term goal is to drop weight classes and maintain some strength and get that Wilks to 400.

Thank you!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    Awesome! Curious...what's that guy doing next to you?

Snatch Grip High Pulls I think
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Man. We need a thread for our worst lifts. I fell backwards pulling 260 tonight and peed myself a little.

Don't feel bad. I did this... at worlds. It was my opening attempt. I got it on my second. I can't recall if I peed but assume I did, that's why most of the master women I know wear incontinence pads when we compete. It's assumed it's going to happen. I have a number of spectacular public fails. If you lift long enough it will happen, and get recorded for posterity :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvbeShIY7s

Thank you for posting this. So why do you think you fell backwards there? I literally surprised the piss out of myself when I did it. I've done it at a super low weight (while deadlifting for Boris Sheiko, of course) just because it was light and there was *kitten* baby powder all over the platform. I don't know what I did last night.

It looks like my left leg just kind of buckled. I've had it happen a few times. I think falling is more of a risk pulling sumo with your toes pointed out more. It hasn't happened to me in a while which is nice.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WTF is going on? This thread is - as of now - showing different posters and/or different vids.

edit: Never mind, I guess. Refreshed the page and things are back to normal.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

235x3's. Comparing my wide/narrow stance squat. I thought narrow felt stronger, but I think I'm going to be sticking with wide for now.

Same... I've always felt more stable and much stronger with a narrow stance, but I'm trying to widen.