Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    If I never see another ten rep squat set I'll be happy. But, I'm still working my percentages for squats off of a max I haven't touched since April 2015, and they are still working. I'll take.

ha...10 reps...I'm just settling in :wink: LOL Good job though. It looked like you were doing paused squats for the first few???

Not really pausing. Making peace with my fate
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Man. We need a thread for our worst lifts. I fell backwards pulling 260 tonight and peed myself a little.

There's video?!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Man. We need a thread for our worst lifts. I fell backwards pulling 260 tonight and peed myself a little.

There's video?!

No. Thank god. Good thing I'm really not embarrassed by much anymore as well.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Oh my god I did 190x4 squats a few weeks ago and peed a little on the last, good morning-looking rep! Luckily my spotter didn't notice lol :s
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Oh my god I did 190x4 squats a few weeks ago and peed a little on the last, good morning-looking rep! Luckily my spotter didn't notice lol :s

ahahaha. I'm sorry. It's part of the game I guess :#
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I thought peeing in the squat rack was just marking territory?
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad. I did this... at worlds. It was my opening attempt. I got it on my second. I can't recall if I peed but assume I did, that's why most of the master women I know wear incontinence pads when we compete. It's assumed it's going to happen. I have a number of spectacular public fails. If you lift long enough it will happen, and get recorded for posterity :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOvbeShIY7s

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad. I did this... at worlds. It was my opening attempt. I got it on my second. I can't recall if I peed but assume I did, that's why most of the master women I know wear incontinence pads when we compete. It's assumed it's going to happen. I have a number of spectacular public fails. If you lift long enough it will happen, and get recorded for posterity :D

When I hit the end of my cycle and have to do 1 rep max- I use my new THINX panties- they have built in pads and are washable and way more comfortable.

I realized when I pull sumo- it's the absolute worst- I'm going to have the worst problems when I get older. :( even when I empty my bladder when I pull heavy- there's more to go. Sucks rocks.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I got with "it was sweat". I've also been way more vocal about it at my gym- so women don't feel so weird- the men need to know it's going to happen. I don't want anyone to hold back or fail a lift because they feel ashamed.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    This just happened!!! THREE PLATE DEAD!!!

https://youtu.be/CmsS3fLjUjg

I don't mean to say it, but I'm gonna say it.

I told you so!

You called it!
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I got with "it was sweat". I've also been way more vocal about it at my gym- so women don't feel so weird- the men need to know it's going to happen. I don't want anyone to hold back or fail a lift because they feel ashamed.

You all are making me feel so much better! Because Wednesday, pee hit the floor in the squat rack. I was mortified and so glad the gym was completely empty at the time.
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2016
    Options

I'm totally going with this from now on. Marking my territory.

@MissKalhan - since we were just talking about it, come read this thread, page 51 specifically.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

When I hit the end of my cycle and have to do 1 rep max- I use my new THINX panties- they have built in pads and are washable and way more comfortable.

I realized when I pull sumo- it's the absolute worst- I'm going to have the worst problems when I get older. :( even when I empty my bladder when I pull heavy- there's more to go. Sucks rocks.

I'm going to check out those panties. Do they work well for pee?

Deadlifting is much worse than squatting, even more so when you add a belt. The position of the belt hits at exactly the wrong spot. It's a good thing no one cares and is pretty blase about it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Deadlifting is much worse than squatting, even more so when you add a belt. The position of the belt hits at exactly the wrong spot. It's a good thing no one cares and is pretty blase about it.

I've had the exact opposite problem. Ah, well. I'm checking out those panties, too!
  • JoRocka
    Options

You all are making me feel so much better! Because Wednesday, pee hit the floor in the squat rack. I was mortified and so glad the gym was completely empty at the time.

The first time I used my belt I piddled a few drops- no one told me and I had no idea. I was also mortified- fortunately- my gym was pretty empty to- but ugh- it was embarrassing since I didn't know.
    Being said. It's gotten *better*.

I have found now that I broke the "lifting/pee" seal-it was first squats- and then suddenly deadlifting. And it is DEFINITELY worse- i like- peed my pants when I pulled 335- like everything. not piddles- like just all over my leg- it was a really good thing I was done lifting- my pants were wet. It was not.awesome. :(

They work really well for piddles.

If your body decided to void it's bladder- even after you peed? no- it's not going to work. But it's PERFECT for squatting. when I DL- I'll use a liner and the underwear.

I've had the exact opposite problem. Ah, well. I'm checking out those panties, too!

They are 'spenxive- like 40$ a pop I think. I have 3 pairs- and they have different levels of absorption. But I use them for my period- and found the double use for lifting really helpful. I really like them- if I wasn't so poor I'd buy another pair.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    raw
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    raw

:D
  • JoRocka
    edited December 2016
    Options
    raw

giggity,
    but I thought we said we weren't' going to talk about that.
  • jw4076
    jw4076 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing lifting sub thread needed.

Once when I was squatting in college (in the 80's, when we wore jock straps, ha!), my non stretching shorts totally blew out at the bottom of a rep. I finished the set though...
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Haha luckily for me, I didn't leave any puddles on the floor XD! And if these parties are light I might have to invest in them. Not a fan of squatting in maxi pads they are too bulky meh!