Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Finally lifting again. Took some time off due to a small back injury (caused by a violent sneeze??). Now I get to go into a deload week to prep for my meet next weekend... two weeks lifting light, what a drag!

Oh how I wish my max was your "light" :lol:

Oh, no, this 365 is close to my 1RM (although it was after the chains as a test of willpower). Light work for me was doing sets of ten with 135 earlier this week.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Finally lifting again. Took some time off due to a small back injury (caused by a violent sneeze??). Now I get to go into a deload week to prep for my meet next weekend... two weeks lifting light, what a drag!

Oh how I wish my max was your "light" :lol:

Oh, no, this 365 is close to my 1RM (although it was after the chains as a test of willpower). Light work for me was doing sets of ten with 135 earlier this week.

I thought the 225 with chains was your light...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Today was the first day in two years that I've broken my programming. Today my mom has surgery to remove a grapefruit sized ovarian mass and probably the mass on her kidney as well. So going in and doing some core and back like my program called for just wasn't going to happen. So I pulled heavy singles instead. And worked up to a post mcl sprain pr of 162.5kg, only 2.5kg off of my gym max, and 7.5kg off of my platform pr.

Awesome! Impressive pull too!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    @Willbenchforcupcakes - awesome! (I've been doing sumos lately...they are fun!) I hope your mom is doing well, I was thinking about you earlier.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    @Willbenchforcupcakes - awesome! (I've been doing sumos lately...they are fun!) I hope your mom is doing well, I was thinking about you earlier.

Thank you! She made it through surgery okay and things look medium okay.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Lovely pull. Whats on your forearm there?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ^ Counting reps is really difficult when you get over 1 (srs)

LOL.

True, though. Can't tell you how many times I've gone, "*kitten* - was that 3 reps, or 4?"
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 - I love that shirt- a lot actually. I used it as my "get ready shirt" the day I got married- mostly because when hubs proposed he said "I can't promise I'll always love you- but I do promise to always bring you tacos and touch your butt"

So- #tacos
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ^ Counting reps is really difficult when you get over 1 (srs)

I do the same thing as @McCloud33 - I count in 5's- most of the time it get's me there- but damn- high reps is the worst thing ever. I can't keep track at all.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    KT tape. Helps allow me to lift through my progressive joint disease. Really good for tendonitis as well.

@Chieflrg Is that 430? Nice pull!

Thanks, 460. I wasn't able to break 400 from the floor two weeks earlier, so I'll take it :).

I found thst counting in fives worked well for 20 rep squats. Nice pops!

• McCloud33
    Options
    KT tape. Helps allow me to lift through my progressive joint disease. Really good for tendonitis as well.

Thanks, 460. I wasn't able to break 400 from the floor two weeks earlier, so I'll take it :).

Couldn't tell if those were 10s or 25s next to the 45s

I might have to try the KT tape...I'm still struggling with some minor tendonitis in one elbow :disappointed:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Couldn't tell if those were 10s or 25s next to the 45s

I might have to try the KT tape...I'm still struggling with some minor tendonitis in one elbow :disappointed:

KT tape and possibly a Thera Band are the only two products I recommend for tendonitis. I literally wouldno be able to lift without either.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Here's last Thursday's new deadlift 5RM with 530 lbs.

You just make 530 look so smooth and easy LOL