Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Here's my workout from this morning coming back after Thanksgiving break. Includes a new PR for OHP...never been able to hit all 5 sets of 5x5 with 135 before! :smiley:

That's a lot of squats! Nice job on the PR.

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Here's my workout from this morning coming back after Thanksgiving break. Includes a new PR for OHP...never been able to hit all 5 sets of 5x5 with 135 before! :smiley:

Thanks @_incogNEATo_ and @LolBroScience ! And yes, yes it is a lot of squats LOL. It's not too bad yet, but I know when I get up past 250-260# again, it's really going to suck.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Thanks @_incogNEATo_ and @LolBroScience ! And yes, yes it is a lot of squats LOL. It's not too bad yet, but I know when I get up past 250-260# again, it's really going to suck.

I just did 250x20 squats on Friday and it did suck! I probably could have done 275 if I didn't attempt 250 first. No way was I going to try two 20-rep sets in one workout!
  • McCloud33
    Options

I just did 250x20 squats on Friday and it did suck! I probably could have done 275 if I didn't attempt 250 first. No way was I going to try two 20-rep sets in one workout!

Yeah, one 20 rep set is all for me per workout LOL. If I was going to do more I'd be dropping weight, not increasing. Was working out with a friend of a friend about a month and a half ago and he was doing a 5x10 program and was at 265# :open_mouth:
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options

Yeah, one 20 rep set is all for me per workout LOL. If I was going to do more I'd be dropping weight, not increasing. Was working out with a friend of a friend about a month and a half ago and he was doing a 5x10 program and was at 265# :open_mouth:

I was just looking to hit a new widowmaker PR and I picked 250 as a nice round number that I thought was doable. This was right after I worked up to a new squat 5RM at 410.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Those slippers, tho... :o
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Those slippers, tho... :o

I figured if I was going to deadlift in my socks I might as well give the slippers a try haha. Actually didn't have any problems and I'll probably wear them for everything but squats now :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

20 rep squat program is only one set of 20. it does suck. But it's a specific thing- as @McCloud33 mentioned.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

20 rep squat program is only one set of 20. it does suck. But it's a specific thing- as @McCloud33 mentioned.

I'm definitely not doing the 20 rep squat program because I'm not crazy! I was just attempting a 20 rep PR one time for a widowmaker challenge.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I'm definitely not doing the 20 rep squat program because I'm not crazy! I was just attempting a 20 rep PR one time for a widowmaker challenge.

I guess I'm just freaking insane then LOL Your 1RM is 100-150 more than mine and I'll be at 250x20 this time next week :grimace: 235x20 this morning...probably pushing 70% of my 1RM
  • McCloud33
    Options
    This morning's workout...
    240x20 squat - last 5 were rough
    140 OHP 5,5,5,5*,0 (*4th set was about 2 OHP and then 3 push press)
    365x5 DL

Squat felt decent...OHP felt so much heavier at 140 than 135 on Monday :tongue: ...DL felt strong.

20 squats just takes up so much video time even when sped up x2 LOL

https://youtu.be/hDLLa-qEdlo
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Max floor press- 155x1
    On another note I haven't done deadlifts in 10 days. Can't wait to train tomorrow, even if its just speed work! I'm having major deadlift withdrawal.
  • McCloud33
    Options

Max floor press- 155x1
    On another note I haven't done deadlifts in 10 days. Can't wait to train tomorrow, even if its just speed work! I'm having major deadlift withdrawal.

nice and smooth!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Finally lifting again. Took some time off due to a small back injury (caused by a violent sneeze??). Now I get to go into a deload week to prep for my meet next weekend... two weeks lifting light, what a drag!

• McCloud33
    Options
    Finally lifting again. Took some time off due to a small back injury (caused by a violent sneeze??). Now I get to go into a deload week to prep for my meet next weekend... two weeks lifting light, what a drag!

Oh how I wish my max was your "light" :lol: