Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    ^^^ nawce

Thanks!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    I was reminded why I normally wear gloves when deadlifting...call me what you will but I like skin on my fingers
    7pr5ibypoa39.jpg

Not bad, you just need to build up some callouses there!

I did have callouses there! That's what ripped off! Actually happened on both hands...I was using the hex bar and must have gripped just off-center so when I was up close to the top the whole thing rotated forward on me with 405 on there. I don't know how y'all deal with these on a regular basis. I can't open or close my hands without that stinging sensation for the last week.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was reminded why I normally wear gloves when deadlifting...call me what you will but I like skin on my fingers
    7pr5ibypoa39.jpg

I did have callouses there! That's what ripped off! Actually happened on both hands...I was using the hex bar and must have gripped just off-center so when I was up close to the top the whole thing rotated forward on me with 405 on there. I don't know how y'all deal with these on a regular basis. I can't open or close my hands without that stinging sensation for the last week.

I've never used the hex bar for deadlifts, but I've heard the one at my gym has really sharp knurling compared to the regular barbells. One of my friends wraps the small gym towels around the handles and wears gloves when she uses it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    7pr5ibypoa39.jpg

I've never used the hex bar for deadlifts, but I've heard the one at my gym has really sharp knurling compared to the regular barbells. One of my friends wraps the small gym towels around the handles and wears gloves when she uses it.

I can't imagine how much that impacts her lifts.

Oiy.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yea, the hex bar at my gym is brutal. Like "how in the *kitten* did that make it through R&D?" brutal...

VersaGripps come in handy.
  • JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I need to kickstart my training again, so here is a little punishment for being lazy lately. Back squat 275lb for 12, front squat 225lb for 10.

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    175# has always been my sticking point with squats. I'd done 185# a few times, but that was before I'd honed my form.

Now I'm officially hitting 175# for 5 reps consistently! The fear is gone! I know my mind was holding me back. So here's squats at 175# and then squats at 185#. I only knocked out 4 reps, but I picked it back up and pushed out the 5th. I'll take it!

And the last video is my max deadlift at 245#.. I maxed out at 225# last time, so I'm pretty thrilled about it!

https://youtu.be/hkZ3rYtirZo

https://youtu.be/Y-jSUfffsPE

https://youtu.be/-WGx4lOHICo

Nice job. PRs are an awesome feeling. I know what you mean about mental. I was like that with 185 for a long time.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    175# has always been my sticking point with squats. I'd done 185# a few times, but that was before I'd honed my form.

you have the squat form i want. just sayin' :)

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Max testing this week to complete my first full wave with conjugate method.
    Did lots of overload work for heavy bench days, deadlifts feeling pretty strong on heavy variations and speed work, squats are questionable - still adjusting to widened stance but getting better...
    Hopefully have some good lifts to share this week! Maybe an all time deadlift PR.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options

Now I'm officially hitting 175# for 5 reps consistently! The fear is gone! I know my mind was holding me back. So here's squats at 175# and then squats at 185#. I only knocked out 4 reps, but I picked it back up and pushed out the 5th. I'll take it!

And the last video is my max deadlift at 245#.. I maxed out at 225# last time, so I'm pretty thrilled about it!

https://youtu.be/hkZ3rYtirZo

https://youtu.be/Y-jSUfffsPE

https://youtu.be/-WGx4lOHICo

Nice job. PRs are an awesome feeling. I know what you mean about mental. I was like that with 185 for a long time.

Yeah I think finally practicing bailing a little bit helped, but I don't know because I don't feel totally confident I could bail successfully at 185# or even 175#.. I just don't doubt that I can do it anymore!

you have the squat form i want. just sayin' :)

Thanks! My form felt a bit off on a couple reps, so I was happy to see the video - and to hear your comment!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Some recent training highlights. 355x5 (Wendler week 2)

And from yesterday. 280x5,5,4. (Wendler week 3)

Today, I have my "heavy" squats: 280 lbs. LOL. This injury I tell you... currently my bench is stronger than my squat. F'd up. Seriously F.

But team bench more than I squat is awesome! Injuries suck. Seriously suck.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Back on the 20 rep squat for the time being (and beltless this time @JoRocka lol). Back up to 225x20 as of this morning. Also getting close to the 200lb threshold on my pin press bench. This is the last set of 5x5 on it. I'm interested to see what my 1RM is now. I think I may test it if I can get up to 205 5x5.

https://youtu.be/hC5BqVgOsP8

https://youtu.be/IfYMgELwmG0

And a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! #everyonebulksforthanksgiving

yaaaaaaaaas

You running the whole 6 week program?
  • McCloud33
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

yaaaaaaaaas

I don't know yet. I'm just running it as long as I can this time. Last time I made it to 275...I'd like to beat that if I can, but going beltless IDK. If I maintain 3 days a week and 5lbs a workout I'll hit 300 by the new year. 300x20 would just be another nice round number LOL. I'm a little OCD so 300 sounds SOOO much better than 295 or something. As it gets heavier, I might drop to two days a week though. I'm running with a full 5x5 rotation on OHP, Bench (pin), Bentover Row and DL. Thinking I'll run 'till Christmas, see where I'm at mentally and physically and then possible switch back to 5/3/1 after the new year.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

yaaaaaaaaas

I'm a little OCD so 300 sounds SOOO much better than 295 or something.

LOL. I was having this sort of conversation this past Sunday with the group I bench with. Al doesn't like any 95s. He'll always throw on some 2.5s to make whatever it is an even hundred. Me, on the other hand, generally avoids using 2.5s except in particular instances.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

yaaaaaaaaas

I'm a little OCD so 300 sounds SOOO much better than 295 or something.

LOL. I was having this sort of conversation this past Sunday with the group I bench with. Al doesn't like any 95s. He'll always throw on some 2.5s to make whatever it is an even hundred. Me, on the other hand, generally avoids using 2.5s except in particular instances.

LOL I guess it's not that much different than the people who are losing weight and want to get to "one-derland" and so 199 is this huge accomplishment that 201 isn't. It's just in the opposite direction. I want to see that 100s place flip up to the next number.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Trying to balance out my joint disease effects on my locked hips with a wider foot placement was not a sucess, lol.