Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Here's last Thursday's new deadlift 5RM with 530 lbs.

You just make 530 look so smooth and easy LOL

Thanks! It didn't feel easy, but it did come off the floor much easier than the 545x1 I pulled in August that I used as my deadlift training max to start my current cycle of PH3. I'll be pulling heavy singles in 2 weeks, hoping for a big PR to prepare for my meet next month.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I technically have a new "PR" although I generally don't view rep PR's as PR's- just a new bench mark.
    I hit 225 squats for 6- so next time I run the 20 rep program- I can start higher- (yay but OMG WHY).

New lifting shoes were a little of a disappointment- I was expecting them to add a plate to my squat (/sarcasm)- nothing changed- honestly- I was expecting more stability and feeling better about my squat- I don't. It was fine- I'll continue to use them but it certainly wasn't as life altering as my friend said it was. :( sad jo is sad.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

New lifting shoes were a little of a disappointment- I was expecting them to add a plate to my squat (/sarcasm)- nothing changed- honestly- I was expecting more stability and feeling better about my squat- I don't. It was fine- I'll continue to use them but it certainly wasn't as life altering as my friend said it was. :( sad jo is sad.

Good to know. I'll stick to my knock-off Chucks from Wal-Mart.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I technically have a new "PR" although I generally don't view rep PR's as PR's- just a new bench mark.
    I hit 225 squats for 6- so next time I run the 20 rep program- I can start higher- (yay but OMG WHY).

Congrats on your new "PR"! I like to track my rep PRs too since my program has weekly rep tests and I only test my 1RMs about every 4 months.

I think you'll add a plate to your squat the first time you squat with your custom color, monogram stitched lever belt with the powder coated buckle...maybe even 2 plates!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

I squatted in walmart chucks and barefoot for years, resisted getting squat shoes. I love my squat shoes and regret not getting them sooner. Hitting depth is significantly is easier. I think I'm 5-10 lbs stronger but haven't done a proper taper and competition.
  • _benjammin
    Options
    I got these:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSYCBrEPFntWP4wEq-o3ihSwxTdSGQxgEBVFCiJ2UZy61VJvrbDA
  • JoRocka
    Options

I'm glad I didn't buy 200$ ones for sure- They are nice- and I can see the stability when I watch my video (my front squats look better than my back squats with the addition of the shoes) so I'd say- if you can get them for a good deal- I would- but I mean- it certainly didn't change my life LOL.

Congrats on your new "PR"! I like to track my rep PRs too since my program has weekly rep tests and I only test my 1RMs about every 4 months.

I think you'll add a plate to your squat the first time you squat with your custom color, monogram stitched lever belt with the powder coated buckle...maybe even 2 plates!
    I'm pretty sure the new belt once I order will easily make me squat at least 400 pounds- easily. :) Just need to save up a little more and put the order in- I'm SUPER tempted to put it on the CC_ but god damnit- I'm trying to adult.
    _benjammin wrote: »

I squatted in walmart chucks and barefoot for years, resisted getting squat shoes. I love my squat shoes and regret not getting them sooner. Hitting depth is significantly is easier. I think I'm 5-10 lbs stronger but haven't done a proper taper and competition.

Yeah don't get my wrong- I think they are nice- but my friend was like blown away by how much better he felt- (Granted- he's SUPER tall- and probably doesn't have the flexibility/mobility I have)- so for him- they make a huge difference- so I think my expectations were higher then they needed to be.

They feel good_ and I'm glad I have them- but I was just expecting more I think- I paid 62$ shipped- so was worth the cost there- had they been over 100$ I would have considered sending them back.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

They feel good_ and I'm glad I have them- but I was just expecting more I think- I paid 62$ shipped- so was worth the cost there- had they been over 100$ I would have considered sending them back.

It's very individual. I love mine. I have skinny little feet and the shoes have a flared sole making them wider on the floor. I find it adds a lot of stability and I have less lateral ankle movement. Some people are meh about them. It's worth trying them for a sale price.
  • _benjammin
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats
  • JoRocka
    Options

It's very individual. I love mine. I have skinny little feet and the shoes have a flared sole making them wider on the floor. I find it adds a lot of stability and I have less lateral ankle movement. Some people are meh about them. It's worth trying them for a sale price.

I think that's the other thing I do NOT care for about this shoe- even as a man's shoe- it's got a narrower toe box than my NB minimus- so I don't get quite the foot spread in the front- the back is fine- but I prefer to let me foot/toes spread a little and the shoe doesn't allow it.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Ig was super glitch this morning... 225 with the new shoes and my fabulous grrrl pants. Best thing. Ever.

This means you're shooting for 230x20 on the next 20 rep cycle right? LOL
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Ig was super glitch this morning... 225 with the new shoes and my fabulous grrrl pants. Best thing. Ever.

This means you're shooting for 230x20 on the next 20 rep cycle right? LOL

maybe- we'll see- I don't know that I could have done this belt-less- I was definitely struggling a little. But I did 205- before this no belt reasonably well- so it's possible. I don't know how long I want to run this program- it's not a cycled program- so it's unset- I could run it till next week if I wanted- or next month - or next year. I'm guessing I'll run it till about six weeks before I'm done with my bulk- then do 20 rep- so do the whole 6 weeks on 20 rep WHILE I'm bulking. Hey gains- how you doing. See if I can squeek any more out of my 5 rep max before I go up to 20 rep. I'm angling to get over 3 plates on a squat in 2017.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Just did a quick google- if I did 245 for 5 reps- it would put me at 275 1 rep max- that seems... low. I need to work harder dam**t.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Just did a quick google- if I did 245 for 5 reps- it would put me at 275 1 rep max- that seems... low. I need to work harder dam**t.

My rep work and true maxes never line up like calculators suggest. (my rep work suuuucks)
    Very likely you could do more already!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Easy breezy 265lb/120lgx8 (Rep goal made) this morning. Felt pretty good that I went back and did another set of 5 reps.

I'm eight weeks out, feeling pretty good about my bench and deadlift and will start heavy singles soon. Squat is another matter -- still that's improving.

Also, if I use my rep calculator this puts me a touch-n-go bench press of 335.7 lbs/152kg. I hope to get on the platform and have a paused rep of 325/147. I've done 315/143 on the platform before to three white lights.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

The wendler calculator on my phone would put you at 286

I'm with @TresaAswegan though that the calculators aren't always indicative of your own body. Especially the higher reps you're putting in. When I finished the 20rep program before it said I should have a 1RM of 458...it ended up being closer to 365 (345 for a double). Won't know if you can do three plates until you work up to it and try.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I'm with @TresaAswegan though that the calculators aren't always indicative of your own body. Especially the higher reps you're putting in. When I finished the 20rep program before it said I should have a 1RM of 458...it ended up being closer to 365 (345 for a double). Won't know if you can do three plates until you work up to it and try.
    Well. I definitely tried it. It's there. It'll happen. Soon.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Your voice is different than I would've guessed based on the screams and pumped up voice I've heard in other videos. lol. It's sweet. I won't tell anyone though.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Well. I definitely tried it. It's there. It'll happen. Soon.

Lol, classic!!!