Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Your voice is different than I would've guessed based on the screams and pumped up voice I've heard in other videos. lol. It's sweet. I won't tell anyone though.

LOL it'll be our little secret.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Just did a quick google- if I did 245 for 5 reps- it would put me at 275 1 rep max- that seems... low. I need to work harder dam**t.

The wendler calculator on my phone would put you at 286

I'm with @TresaAswegan though that the calculators aren't always indicative of your own body. Especially the higher reps you're putting in. When I finished the 20rep program before it said I should have a 1RM of 458...it ended up being closer to 365 (345 for a double). Won't know if you can do three plates until you work up to it and try.
    Well. I definitely tried it. It's there. It'll happen. Soon.

This is just one of the best videos I've ever seen LOL the way the music is slowed down, the song choice...I need a video like that when I fail. I'd just settle for some friends to lift with :tongue:

Speaking of failure...I failed to count again today, not once, but twice...WTF!!!! How can I call myself an engineer if I can't even count. I was doing fine through 15, but then I forgot if I was on my 3rd set of 5 or 4th set of 5, and while I was trying to figure that out I only counted to 4 on the set...sooooo 24 reps it is LOL

Overall it was a good workout though...Set a new PR on OHP again 140 5x5 (which is awesome considering I was stuck at 130 max 5x5 for like a year and a half and then got 135 5x5 last week and now 140 this week). I also hit my 370x5 DL this morning. I will just be ecstatic if I can get to 300x20 squat, 400x5 DL, and 225 5x5 bench by the first week of January.

https://youtu.be/O6DJBgiaag0
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Just did a quick google- if I did 245 for 5 reps- it would put me at 275 1 rep max- that seems... low. I need to work harder dam**t.

I'm with @TresaAswegan though that the calculators aren't always indicative of your own body. Especially the higher reps you're putting in. When I finished the 20rep program before it said I should have a 1RM of 458...it ended up being closer to 365 (345 for a double). Won't know if you can do three plates until you work up to it and try.

This is just one of the best videos I've ever seen LOL the way the music is slowed down, the song choice...I need a video like that when I fail. I'd just settle for some friends to lift with :tongue:

Speaking of failure...I failed to count again today, not once, but twice...WTF!!!! How can I call myself an engineer if I can't even count. I was doing fine through 15, but then I forgot if I was on my 3rd set of 5 or 4th set of 5, and while I was trying to figure that out I only counted to 4 on the set...sooooo 24 reps it is LOL

Overall it was a good workout though...Set a new PR on OHP again 140 5x5 (which is awesome considering I was stuck at 130 max 5x5 for like a year and a half and then got 135 5x5 last week and now 140 this week). I also hit my 370x5 DL this morning. I will just be ecstatic if I can get to 300x20 squat, 400x5 DL, and 225 5x5 bench by the first week of January.

https://youtu.be/O6DJBgiaag0

HA- yeah- my friend Tiny likes to make videos- so they are always shooting- they happened to be at the tail end of their lift- I usually lift alone- but Rome (little guy) let me borrow his wraps and his belt and all the sudden it became an all hands on deck affair. So this was really nice of them to help and for him to make a video for me.

It was great- for this lift- it was really cool- you know when someone in the gym is putting up a big lift- like a really big lift? the lifters stop and watch? lifting buddies will come out and hang out to cheer them on?

This was Friday at like 10 PM- and even my front desk buddy came back to watch me- first time in my life it's ever happened where people stopped to come support me. I mean- I've had people watch before-if they were there- and happened to be between lifts- but never stop what they were doing and go out of their way- it was really an awesome moment. I was really touched in a lifter hard *kitten* kind of way #overemotionalsap

But yeah- Tiny did a great job with it- it was really funny. And he was right- I did manage to hoist myself off the floor and we went again- I didn't unwrap- I just said- "pick it up- we are going again".
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Speaking of failure...I failed to count again today, not once, but twice...WTF!!!! How can I call myself an engineer if I can't even count.

As a fellow engineer: simple math is easy to F up.
  • jw4076
    jw4076 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'll play. No world records here, but I'll take it.

335#

Hmmmm - video's not posting...

Maybe this will work?

youtube.com/watch?v=pJL2vsjAx7E
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I feel you on this one. I have another meet coming up that I'll be doing equipped. I haven't lifted in gear in a couple of years and it's been fairly painful to relearn. The other week, most of my squats ended up on the pins because the suit was pulling me all over the place; my hips kept shooting forward. Super frustrating.

Yours looks like you were out of position of just had it in your head that it wasn't going to happen.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    jw4076 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I'll play. No world records here, but I'll take it.

335#

Hmmmm - video's not posting...

Maybe this will work?

youtube.com/watch?v=pJL2vsjAx7E

This made me laugh really hard for some reason. Nice looking DLs!

qeoa61tgkn06.jpg
  • jw4076
    jw4076 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha, nice. And thanks.

So, how do I get this to embed, instead of using a link? tia
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    jw4076 wrote: »
    Ha, nice. And thanks.

So, how do I get this to embed, instead of using a link? tia

Just as simple as copying and pasting the url my friend. That's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJL2vsjAx7E
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Beginning to have some hope here post injury...

(That 375 is really 365 lbs)

Very nice!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This just happened!!! THREE PLATE DEAD!!!

https://youtu.be/CmsS3fLjUjg

That was *kitten* awesome. You approach the bar so calmly. I look like such a freak before I deadlift heavy.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If I never see another ten rep squat set I'll be happy. But, I'm still working my percentages for squats off of a max I haven't touched since April 2015, and they are still working. I'll take.

• JoRocka
    Options

This was one of the best days ever- I'm so happy for you!!!!!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

That was nice. It's such an awesome feeling when you make a plate jump.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    If I never see another ten rep squat set I'll be happy. But, I'm still working my percentages for squats off of a max I haven't touched since April 2015, and they are still working. I'll take.

ha...10 reps...I'm just settling in :wink: LOL Good job though. It looked like you were doing paused squats for the first few???
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I don't mean to say it, but I'm gonna say it.

I told you so!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Man. We need a thread for our worst lifts. I fell backwards pulling 260 tonight and peed myself a little.