Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It's so inconvenient that I had to create a Youtube account just so I can post my videos on here :neutral:
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Why did they stop the linking to instagram? Makes no sense.

This place is all about shutting down self-promotion. I agree with it for reasons such as gaining a following or monetary gains, but it does make it suck for some of us that just want to bounce some lifts off of each other for praise/critique/etc. Some ruined it for all, basically.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options

This place is all about shutting down self-promotion. I agree with it for reasons such as gaining a following or monetary gains, but it does make it suck for some of us that just want to bounce some lifts off of each other for praise/critique/etc. Some ruined it for all, basically.

How is that any different than youtube then?! Are they going to ban youtube next ffs.....

Eh, whatever...

ION am benching again. Dr didn't recommend surgery for the SLAP tear or the partial tear in my rotator cuff. Been using a slingshot to help lock in tight form and it's paying off. Was able to throw 225 on the bar and bench (no slingshot) for 6 reps. Although it's a far cry from where I was at least I can slowly move forward.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

In a different thread, a mod stated they're working on fixing the problem so you can post IG videos again. Here's hoping...
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just started with peaking today and I'm a happy girl! The decreased volume helped me get a rep PR on back squats: 195lbsx4. Form could be cleaner on the last reps but a PR is still a PR, and can't wait to see where I am come meet day!!

https://instagram.com /p/BUAFjdVFe6S/
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    https://www.instagram.com /p/BT7yrCUAQ6U/

Me doing 315 lbs off 6 inch blocks. Not alot of weight but I'm focusing on form. People on another website recommended that I needed to work on my form especially with keeping my back straight. Plus those plates are annoying because they cause unnecessary bouncing. I actually got all 8 reps but my friend accidentally hit the record button again and there was a time skip.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Volume bench day - Sets of 50,40,30,20,10,10,10 reps with 150,170,190,210,230,250 and 270 lbs. 3 sets of 10-12 reps DB incline bench with 80,100 and 120 DB's. Used the new Swiss bar for 8 sets of 10-12 reps 4 different grips, 185 and 225 lbs. Next workout Wednesday flat bench 315 lbs for 10-15 reps. Love the new Swiss bar.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Pulled 525 from 5in on a trap bar. Got 575 off the block. But got stuck. Soon.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

You getting good results from trap bar? Tried a Swiss bar on the bench Saturday, it was cool.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

You getting good results from trap bar? Tried a Swiss bar on the bench Saturday, it was cool.

Yes. I can do way more volume without hammering the low back. Also it is strengthening other lifts already. Traps/legs are blowing up. Grip is stronger than ever and it's only been a few weeks.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Yes. I can do way more volume without hammering the low back. Also it is strengthening other lifts already. Traps/legs are blowing up. Grip is stronger than ever and it's only been a few weeks.

I've been kicking myself for not snagging a trap bar at a Play-it-again-sports that was on sale for $70. I've had the opportunity to try them at a few gyms while traveling and it's a piece of equipment I could use on a routine basis.

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    https://www.instagram. com/p/BUIWaX3gVQn/

Me doing 225 lbs on the bench press for 10 reps.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Are we still attempting to keep this thread alive? Ok.
    I've been doing a bro split with high-ish reps and pulling sumo (not my competition stance, but eh maybe I will convert).
    This past week I hit 265x9 sumo, which I believe ties my conventional rep PR from earlier this year. Squat I hit 265x8 for another rep PR. Followed by higher rep down sets. Probably going to work on building reps with those weights now as I don't think I can add more weight and still hit my 8-10 rep range for my first set.
    I haven't flat benched since my meet on April 1st, and I'm currently 7.5 weeks out from my next meet. If my coach is trying to make me nervous, it's working... :D
    Been pressing the 50 and 55 lb DB's on flat bench though, which is pretty good weight for me, followed by incline bench which is struggle bus. Good thing with incline bench and light weight/high rep is that if I fail, I can just stand up, turn around and rerack it though LOL. (Only pressing like 70-80 lbs for that. Sad.)
    Also cutting, but haven't seen a new low weight in quite a while. Goodbye carbs.

I gave sumo a shot today too since it was a light workout - 4 sets of 3 with 430 lbs, which is about 100 lbs less than my conventional 3RM. But then I had to add some heavy conventional singles afterward so I didn't feel like a traitor going over to the dark side!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a bro split with high-ish reps and pulling sumo (not my competition stance, but eh maybe I will convert).
    This past week I hit 265x9 sumo, which I believe ties my conventional rep PR from earlier this year. Squat I hit 265x8 for another rep PR. Followed by higher rep down sets. Probably going to work on building reps with those weights now as I don't think I can add more weight and still hit my 8-10 rep range for my first set.
    I haven't flat benched since my meet on April 1st, and I'm currently 7.5 weeks out from my next meet. If my coach is trying to make me nervous, it's working... :D
    Been pressing the 50 and 55 lb DB's on flat bench though, which is pretty good weight for me, followed by incline bench which is struggle bus. Good thing with incline bench and light weight/high rep is that if I fail, I can just stand up, turn around and rerack it though LOL. (Only pressing like 70-80 lbs for that. Sad.)
    Also cutting, but haven't seen a new low weight in quite a while. Goodbye carbs.

I gave sumo a shot today too since it was a light workout - 4 sets of 3 with 430 lbs, which is about 100 lbs less than my conventional 3RM. But then I had to add some heavy conventional singles afterward so I didn't feel like a traitor going over to the dark side!

I really want to try some heavier stuff with sumo to see how my form does etc. Reps are really holding me back on pulls, hence being almost the same weight as my squat right now lol. I'm much better at squatting for reps I guess.
    Once we get closer to my meet we'll change it up and I'll find out how it holds up, maybe I'll even pull sumo at the meet (after using it for only 12 weeks) hahaha!
    I asked my coach if I could go heavier last week, and she said "sure" but then guilted me into staying on track because she "has a plan."

Once good thing about sumo is that I don't smuck my knees on the way down, but I do bruise my overhand thigh up. It just feels so foreign! I don't know how to feel!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options

I really want to try some heavier stuff with sumo to see how my form does etc. Reps are really holding me back on pulls, hence being almost the same weight as my squat right now lol. I'm much better at squatting for reps I guess.
    Once we get closer to my meet we'll change it up and I'll find out how it holds up, maybe I'll even pull sumo at the meet (after using it for only 12 weeks) hahaha!
    I asked my coach if I could go heavier last week, and she said "sure" but then guilted me into staying on track because she "has a plan."

Once good thing about sumo is that I don't smuck my knees on the way down, but I do bruise my overhand thigh up. It just feels so foreign! I don't know how to feel!

I know what you mean about sumo feeling so foreign. It's so new to me, I don't even know where to start to improve my form. Next week I'll remember to bring my flat shoes so I can widen my stance and push out more. I couldn't do that today since my socks were slipping a bit. My hips felt more sore afterward than when I pull conventional. My meet is under 6 weeks away so I'll stick with conventional on the heavy sets for now.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

4x3x430 as a light workout. FML
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

4x3x430 as a light workout. FML

I meant it was light relative to other deadlift days in my program. Tomorrow I have an AMRAP set with 500 lbs and for the next month my working sets will be doubles with 530+ so 430 is the lightest weight I will pull until I deload again the week before RPS CT States.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Finished my first week of 5/3/1 and was pretty excited about deadlift and squat final sets, despite feeling like I was going to die. Looking forward to making progress on OHP