Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    @nakedraygun I'm joining you the sick meet prep club unfortunately.
    I've got plenty of time, but it sucks being so fired up about my first week of new programming and feeling like poo! :/
    Sorry to hear you're likewise sick. Hope you get well soon and on program.

I'm actually feeling much better today, currently drinking beer watching the Packer game. Hopefully I'll train on Tuesday.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Finally making over head progress!

Push press/push jerk complex at 45kg.

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    So a few things for me this week. First I went and had a bodpod reading done for the second time. I had the first done about 9 months ago. I've gone through a few bulk cycles while doing the 20 rep squats in that time as well as some cuts and maintenance. All in all it was maybe 12-16 weeks of bulking. I know there's margin of error and everything, but at least it showed me moving in the right direction hopefully. Shows an increase in fat free weight of 4.3 lbs :smiley:
    hncowpcrjlkl.png

Also, today's workout. Down 2-4 lbs (mostly water) since new years and I can already tell the difference in my lifts. 275 squat was good for the first few reps, but then got heavy really quick. OHP was decent actually. My rep goal was 9 at 130lbs and I got 8 which still puts my 1RM at 165. I also super-setted my pull-ups in between sets of OHP.
    https://youtu.be/3kfsyXUEJSM
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No video, but the flights with all the openers are already posted for my first meet on Sunday and now I'm starting to get really nervous! And not lifting the next 3 days is only going to make it worse. I'm in the 3rd(last) flight, benching 7th and deadlifting 15th.

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    No video, but the flights with all the openers are already posted for my first meet on Sunday and now I'm starting to get really nervous! And not lifting the next 3 days is only going to make it worse. I'm in the 3rd(last) flight, benching 7th and deadlifting 15th.

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

Freaking exciting! I wish I could find a PL meet somewhere close to me. I totally want to do one.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

Freaking exciting! I wish I could find a PL meet somewhere close to me. I totally want to do one.

It's so hard to find close ones! The closest to me are at least two hours. My meet has weigh ins the day before, so I'll probably get a hotel rather than drive back and forth just for that. Oh well, mini vacation I guess! :#
  • quiksylver296
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

It's so hard to find close ones! The closest to me are at least two hours. My meet has weigh ins the day before, so I'll probably get a hotel rather than drive back and forth just for that. Oh well, mini vacation I guess! :#

I'd do two hours! I can't find anything in the STATE!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

What state (if you're comfortable telling)?

I wish USAPL had 24hr weigh-ins. I have to travel to Mississippi or (almost) Georgia to compete and I live in Alabama. However, the state just sanctioned a meet about 50 minutes from me. I'm stoked.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

I wish USAPL had 24hr weigh-ins. I have to travel to Mississippi or (almost) Georgia to compete and I live in Alabama. However, the state just sanctioned a meet about 50 minutes from me. I'm stoked.

Idaho. Want some potatoes? :D
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

I just found two USAPL meets in Boise and one in Meridian. The one in Meridian is late Feb. but the other two (Boise) are in early June and early August. Not sure how close you are to Boise.
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2017
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

I just found two USAPL meets in Boise and one in Meridian. The one in Meridian is late Feb. but the other two (Boise) are in early June and early August. Not sure how close you are to Boise.

I work in Boise. Can you PM me the link or something? Google is apparently not my friend in this case.

ETA: Is the Meridian one at the Mecca gym? I think I found that one.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

I work in Boise. Can you PM me the link or something? Google is apparently not my friend in this case.

PM sented
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

I usually go to Feds websites and check out their schedules. I tried to just google initially and it wasn't great lol. (I found this meet through instagram, following localish lifters and their gym page, being a creeper;) )
    I'm so excited you might have found something close to you!! Buy yourself a singlet and get signed up!!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

You could try emailing the meet director asking for a morning of weigh in. I know that had worked for others, not sure where or what fed but maybe worth a shot.
    Regardless, good luck, hope you have fun.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

This meet is about 90 minutes away from me, it's in MA and I live in CT. RPS has 2 annual meets in CT, but I chose this one because it was advertised for beginners. They offer 24-hour weigh in, 12-hour weigh in, or morning of the meet weigh in. I'm just going to weigh in that morning so I don't have to drive there twice and I'm not cutting to make weight.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    170 for 20. Very pleased with who this is looking. I watched a more technical video analyzing Marisa and and how she jumped weight so much and was very pleased one of the little cues helped me tremendously. So I'm very happy with how these are looking.

Girl, you're going to pass 200 this time. Those looked smooth! If you don't mind me asking, what was the cue that helped?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    170 for 20. Very pleased with who this is looking. I watched a more technical video analyzing Marisa and and how she jumped weight so much and was very pleased one of the little cues helped me tremendously. So I'm very happy with how these are looking.

Girl, you're going to pass 200 this time. Those looked smooth! If you don't mind me asking, what was the cue that helped?

Thanks! That's the goal. I am, as always, optimistic!

I can link the video later but essentially the hips and knees are set. So when you head down into the hole and back out on the way up they (specifically the knees) stay forward. So as you come back up out of the hole the hips are not pulling the knees back, throwing off the mechanics. It's made a huge difference for me not pulling my hips back and losing torque. I could never quite put my finger on what it was that was the driving issue but the cue for keeping the knees forward and set really helped.

I'm sure there is a very justifiable mechanical reason my hips were pulling back as I was coming up but this was a nice small tweak for the knees that's made a notable difference.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

c4zj9y8c8vwn.jpg

I usually go to Feds websites and check out their schedules. I tried to just google initially and it wasn't great lol. (I found this meet through instagram, following localish lifters and their gym page, being a creeper;) )
    I'm so excited you might have found something close to you!! Buy yourself a singlet and get signed up!!

@_incogNEATo_ hooked me up with a link.

Eeeee! I'm going to go watch a meet in February, and then there are two in June I could compete in!!! Freaking excited!